“A fantastic experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 188 hotels in Dallas
Milan, Italy
“A fantastic experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

I enoyed a lot my staying at Rosewood Mansion Creek. I landed in Dallas coming from Italy after a very bad trip due to dealy . I was also a bit angry with Delta Airlines for the delay: I arrived in Hotel after 20 hours trip. But when I arrived in the Hotel my mood was immediately better: first of all the staff at the entrance, the bell boy where extremly friendly, without attitude, very helpful, they imnediately gave me a glass of cold ice water: just what I wanted! in a second I was checked in, escorted to my room, and the luggage was immediately takne into the room. As a foreigner I asked the staff some info about Dallas, and they immediately gave all info. Franlky speaking the staff in this Hotel is super qualifyed and super friendly and nice. I asked them to laundry my shirts very late and in two hours I had the shirt pressed in the room. All the staff is so nice!. I also had three excellent dining experience: About my food experience : both in the bar and in the main restaurant the food was so good!!! In the morning I went to the gym: very nice and efficent gym , very clean gym. What can I say? for sure when I go back in Dallas next october I will stay again at Turtle Creeck. The hotel has also a very nice garden, and it was beautiful to have breakfast served in the morning in garden of the restaurant.. Finally the bill: for what I had I was not expensive. I will go back 100%.

Room Tip: I loved my room at first floor with a private patio, very nice if in the evening you want to have a...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

370 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
North Little Rock, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

My brother recently had his wedding at this hotel so we decided to stay there. Although the discounted price was $300, afterwards we felt the quality of our one night stay was well worth the price. Unlike many four and five star hotels, the staff from the valets, to the porters, to the desk clerk and concierge were very friendly and eager to accomodate our every need. Due to the afternoon wedding, they had no problem with us checking out at 2PM and our luggage was cared for until we left at 3:30. They even provided a changing room for my wife for our drive back home. The room was more like a suite with a little balcony. Everything was first class. No little plastic bottles of shampoo, etc. A linen bag for your laundry. Slipper and Bathrobes. The food was excellent and apparently very popular with the very rich of Dallas judging by all of the high end cars on the lot. This would be an ideal place for any couple to have a romantic weekend. Chateau on the Lake in Branson, Mo. would be the closest equivalent where we have stayed

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony room overlooking the pool.
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

We love staying at this wonderful hotel. It is beautiful and romantic, very well-located and very quiet. The beds, pillows, linens and towels are top-notch; the service is warm, friendly and impeccable, and the food is excellent. It is a very classy and upscale place but not the least bit stuffy. Everyone - from the valet to the front desk clerks to the housekeepers - is warm and polite. The decor is elegant but comfortable and we always feel very relaxed in the peaceful ambiance. The rooms are beautifully decorated - a mixture of old-world and modern - with just the right amount of light and spaciousness.

I have written a separate review on the restaurant. Long a favorite for romantic and elegant dinners, this wonderful restaurant has lowered its standards by allowing certain guests to have dinner in beach attire. At the prices they charge, it's pretty disappointing to see men in shorts and flip-flops, especially when you're all dressed up to celebrate a special occasion. Unless they sort out that issue, we might just order room service from now on or dine outside the hotel when we have a special celebration.

All that being said, the hotel is our favorite in Dallas. We always look forward to staying there.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for our anniversary and there isn't a single thing I could complain about. The service is impeccable, the rooms are lovely, and the overall experience is nothing short of the best. The beds are extremely comfortable (so much so that I'm buying the same pillows for my home)! They provided champagne and strawberries upon our arrival and every staff member that we came into contact with not only knew our names, but made it a point to make sure our every need was met. It is expensive, but you truly get every amenity. Well worth it.

• Stayed June 2013
NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Just back from a business trip to Dallas, where in Texas all things seem bigger except for the Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek. This one time home of a great Cotton Barron has remained true to its name. Restored to perfection! Each room tastefully appointed with fine furnishings. This beautiful property gives you more the feeling of being a guest in a fine home than a hotel.

The Hotel is not short of any amenities. They a wonderful gym, spa services, pool, a great restaurant and beautiful bar. Stephen the bartender a true mixologist prepares nightly special cocktails for travelers and locals.

The staff is extremely kind, friendly and very helpful. Mary Stamm and Lydia Jaeger are both amazing Concierge Les Clefs d' Or each willing and able to execute any of your culinary desires.

If you are ever need to visit Dallas for Business or Personal I highly recommend The Mansion. The name says it all.

Room Tip: Room 116 has a private patio
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Bridgeport, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

From the moment I stepped out of the car and when they knew my name they told me Happy Birthday, and every other staff member did they same! Even the restaurant had a beautiful card wishing me happy birthday. The staff was remarkable, I have traveled all over the world & have never had this kind of service. Never stayed at a hotel that would allow you to swim late into the evening and still serve you drinks. Stayed on the 9th floor executive suite. Bed was comfortable but a little soft in the middle. Yes the decor & brass fixtures are a little dated but I loved that charm. The pool guy "Jackson" so the most precious thing & so nice! Only complaint is that the room didn't seem to get cool but I did not complain with all of the other wonderful things. I can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: If you wish for a poolside room book months in advance. Ask for a room facing the east due to heat...
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Great room. A really fantastic hotel. I stayed there on business, and was really surprised at how inexpensive it was. The service was uniformly excellent. My ownly peeve was about room service. The service was excellent, but the food was cold by the time it got to me. (Plus, my "medium rare" steak was "well done" by the time it made the trip in the warming tray). Lesson learned -- eat in the restaurant, not via room service. Other than that, a great hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Been to Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek? Share your experiences!