“A charming and elegant Dallas legend” 5 of 5 stars

5.0 of 5 Resort   |   2821 Turtle Creek Blvd., Dallas, TX 75219   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #6 of 190 Hotels in Dallas
Austin, Texas
“A charming and elegant Dallas legend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2008

I recently stayed at the Mansion for a business trip to Dallas. The staff acknowledged me by name, and they went above and beyond to help me with a couple of last-minute requests. There is something very charming about this hotel and restaurant. It was once a Dallas residential estate, and I think that feeling carries through to the hotel.

I had dinner in the Chef's Room one night of my stay. It was very impressive. You start in the salon with champagne and hors d oeuvres. Then, you are escorted to the actual dining room. The room is ornate and looks historic. The food was of a very high quality and creative. We thoroughly enjoyed everything we ordered, and the 3-course menus were so filling. I wasn't hungry the next day. The finishing touch candy cart of home-made candies was a nice detail.

Overall, this is a good choice in Dallas. Close to city center with plenty of personality and charm.

• Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2008

My husband and I stayed at The Mansion on Turtle Creek on our wedding night. It was absolutely perfect! Everything was wonderful and exactly as we had ordered it. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. We had excellent in room massages when we arrived, then a car from the hotel drove us to dinner. We had breakfast in the restaurant the next morning and it was fantastic! Order the waffle, you won't be disappointed!!!

• Liked — Comfortable large room and friendly staff
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2008

Everything they say and write about this hotel is true: perfect gem in every way. Hotel is small and intimate and caters to every guest as if they were the only ones in residence. Highlight was dinner in the newly refurbished restaurant which was nothing short of an absolute delight. I selected the vegetarian option & it was one of the best meals of my life (& I've had quite a few Michelin 3 star ones!) Even if you are not staying here, for a very special meal, I would strongly recommend making reservations for dinner one evening. Used the spa at their sister hotel, the Crescent Court, and it was very good but not outstanding.

• Liked — Service & restaurant
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
kansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2008

First, the positive. This hotel is in a great location for visiting all Dallas has to offer. The front desk staff/valet/concierge are very polite and eager to please. We chose this property for the location, outdoor pool and overall reputation of Rosewood. I wished I would've picked a different hotel. First of all, the pool is advertised as being outdoors, but heated so you can swim in it. My children couldn't tolerate it and it felt like it was not heated at all . With temps in the 70's it needed to be. I felt the hotels website was misleading and we wouldn't have stayed there knowing how cold and unswimmable it was. The only time we ate breakfast we felt robbed! I know this is a 5 star property, but our order was messed up, soggy bacon, $6.50 for a cup of coffee and an $80 bill with 2 out of the 4 being from the kids menu. Nothing was exceptional. Three of us got the omelet which was good and I had french toast which was really good, but not that good! Anyway, turn down service was nice, but by 8 o'clock one night we came back to our rooms ready to put the kids down and it hadn't been done. Just a minor thing, but you would think they would know to do it early with a room with children. Also, the bathroom facet was loose and the toilet paper holder was looking as if it needed some TLC. Never did find the ice machine, but I think that is what keep us up part of one night. The doors to the rooms slam shut as well so everytime someone goes in and out you hear it. The coffee and tea are nice in the lobby, but what wouldn't been great is to have a coffee maker in the room! I will end on another positive note, the bottled water at the bedside was very nice.

• Liked — bottled water at bedside
  • Disliked — misrepresented heated pool
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Granite Bay, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2008

Beautiful and yet quaint setting.. The room we stayed in was simply luxurious.. The staff was very accomodating and friendly- they treated us very well.. We will definitely return... :)

• Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
Austin, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2008

We stayed at the Mansion over Easter weekend. It was lovely, but after our stay at the Ritz during our last visit to Dallas, it was a tough match. As much as I love the local luxury amenities by Lady Primrose, I agree that the “community” bottles seem unsanitary. Room service menu was limited and boring, but when I called to request items not listed, they arrived quickly and were delicious (tortilla soup, chips and guac and a child’s meal). Never before have I been asked at checkout if I took anything from the mini bar. What if I emptied it and drank all the liquor bottles? I wouldn’t want to announce it to the lobby. Isn’t that the point? Indulging in a little something privately? Overall, it’s a pretty hotel with extraordinary history and a good location, but I think we’ll try somewhere else next time.

• Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2008

Our room was gorgeous and we loved the French Doors opening right out to the pool. We stayed while I was buying at Dallas Market and my husband and kids thoroughly enjoyed their visit. I, however, was not the beneficiary of any of the luxuries provided to guests during the day. The cookies and coffee were all put away by the time I got back from a long day at market, and they could not provide a car to drive me to market at 8am Saturday morning which was a disappointment. I also found it irritating that the shampoo was in glass bottles - the lid was hard to get off, I was a little disgusted at the thought of sharing a bottle which hundreds of other guests had used and I was afraid of dropping the bottle with slippery hands and having broken glass everywhere. Seems like a petty complaint, but next time I will bring my own shampoo. I would stay here again with my family or as a romantic getaway, but I would plan to enjoy the amenities during the day because they seem to roll up the red carpet after 6pm.

• Stayed August 2006, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek? Share your experiences!