“My new favorite hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 189 Hotels in Dallas
Davis, Oklahoma
“My new favorite hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

My husband and I have traveled quite a bit and for our 17th anniversary decided to splurge and stay at the Rosewood Mansion. Best decision ever! The concierge went above and beyond in securing tickets to an event for us for which the deadline for reservations had already passed. The room was clean and elegant. Staff made us feel as though we were the only guests they had to take care of that day. We had an in-room massage that was possibly the best we have ever experienced. The Sunday brunch was heavenly. We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: We chose the Premiere King with Jacuzzi tub and were thrilled with the view, bath and space of the r...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
St Andrews
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for what was a brief overnight visit but from what I could see it was very good indeed.

Quality of rooms was very high, and the food was exceptional.

The only negative was that you had to pay for wifi. Surely free wifi is a must in any top hotel these days?

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

This is one of our favorite hotels to stay.
We go up to Dallas on a fairly frequent basis and invariably stay at the Mansion. And we love everything about it. It is quiet, only 6 floors or so, never seems crowded. The place is immaculate. The rooms a great size and the suites gorgeous.(interestingly the room movie selection is one of the best we have encountered) Service impeccable. Staff very friendly and helpful. Wonderful bar. Restaurant is one of the best in Dallas.
Exercise room has most everything that one needs. It has a lot of classy touches .
Like cider and cookies on arrival. It is fairly well situated abutting downtown but not in it and close to a variety of great restaurants.
It has an old fashioned charm in a quiet discrete upscale modern hotel.
In our opinion this is one of the best in the US. It rivals anything in the Relais or luxury collection.

• Stayed January 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

One of my clients set me up in the Presidential suite in the hotel (room 706). It had a nice kitchen, living room, dining room, and separate bedroom, as well as a piano. While I didn't stay very long in the room, it was comfortable and the bed was cozy. Bar downstairs is great, and they had a band playing. While I missed the breakfast brunch, I was down there early and breakfast was very good. Overall service at the hotel was pleasant and attentive. When I need a non-allergenic pillow, it showed up to my room 5 min later. I will definitely stay there when I am in Dallas again. Also, did a visit to the JFK spot downtown and highly recommend it. Prepare to spend at least an hour on the tour of the 6th floor book depository where Lee Harvey Oswald shot JFK from the window.

Room Tip: 706 is the presidential suite!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Bellaire, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Every wonderful thing I had heard about the Mansion was true...elegant, luxurious, (expensive, but worth it)! Service was gracious but not snooty. Food was delicious. Good location...easy to get to and in a quiet area not right downtown. Wonderful Italian bedlinens. There were just a couple minor things that could have been improved upon. Wallpaper in bathroom was starting to peel, less than great water pressure in the shower, sink stopper needed some adjustment, and one of the limited edition art prints had come loose and was crooked it in its frame.

Room Tip: I doubt that there are any "bad" rooms...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Kitchener, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

We believe our stay of excellenc-from the immaculately appointed private residence,to the restaurant's unsurpassed cuisine.The look is European tradition yet totally American in style and very special ambiance.The restaurant has the comforting look and feel of a gracious home.Also the Italian tiles,pink marble,carved fireplace,stained glass windows,inlaid wooden ceiling are still an intergral part of the design.Attentiveness to every detail,to every comfort,a standard of grace,manner,style,is paramount throughout Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek.To each and every one overall staff assistance and superb ability to ensure our stay was exciting.We know often come back for a graious stay.

Room Tip: Our special suite ground floor with patio door and pool step.s away. So wonderful location to enjoy!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
los angeles, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

This is a very charming hotel. I agreed with the other reviews that give this place an excellent rating. It is highly recommended if one is in the mood of splurge. The ambience is nice, staffs were extremely friendly and helpful. Everyone tries to make you feel welcome. I like the entrance to the lobby in particular. Small but cozy lobby, with biscuits, fruits and hot apple cider served all day. My complaint, $26 valet charges daily,no free Wifi as well as quality of the pillow. Since the location is quite remote, car is quite a necessity if one use this place as a base to explore Dallas and surrounding. If one added up the valet charges and the tips when you have to get the car in and out, it all adds up. For the price we paid, I would also expects free WIFI, it would have a nice touch to the guests. Lastly, the pillow is so soft that I hurt my neck, unless I stack up all the 3 pillows to support. Bed was comfortable enough, if not for the soft pillow, my sleep would be wonderful. The only meal I had was a hosted dinner and it was really good.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Been to Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek? Share your experiences!