“Stay at the Mansion and feel like royalty!” 5 of 5 stars

5.0 of 5 Resort   |   2821 Turtle Creek Blvd., Dallas, TX 75219   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #6 of 188 Hotels in Dallas
Dallas, Texas
“Stay at the Mansion and feel like royalty!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

We live 40 miles outside of downtown Dallas and have attended parties and gone to dinner at the Mansion over the past 30 years. We have always enjoyed it and its' service. This weekend, my husband surprised me for our 45th wedding anniversary and we spent the night, had dinner and brunch. The staff was wonderful and made us feel like old friends. Our dinner, served in the library was fantastic and our brunch the following morning was delicious. The room was spotless and so comfortable; I really didn't want to leave.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012 via mobile

Stayed for 6 nights and every night of my stay there was evidence of poor room cleaning. Toothpaste marks left on sink, bath tub scum marks, dirty cleaning cloths left on bed. The worst has to be a mattress sheet that was far too small for the mattress so that I woke up in the morning sleeping on the mattress - haven't done that since my student days. Have to say I'm amazed with the reviews as the whole place seems to be in need of a re vamp. Also completely agree with the thin walls, you can hear people in corridor. The concierge were very helpful and welcoming though.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

When traveling to Dallas I usually stay at the Ritz Carlton hotel. On this particular trip, the Ritz was sold out so I chose to stay at the Mansion thinking that it would be a comparable experience. In short, I was wrong. The hallways smelled of cigarette smoke. The walls were thin and guests were loud. It was a completely underwhelming experience. From the valet to the front desk staff, every staff member I encountered was completely disinterested. After 4 days of staying there I was still asked by the valet if I was checking in each time I arrived from a day out with my family. Once, my brother came and went three times in the same day and each time he arrived he was asked the same question by the same valet attendant: "checking in?". I find it ridiculous and unbelievable that they can really be that clueless. What made it worse is that I had to drive pass the Ritz Carlton daily and all I could do is stare longingly at the property. "This would never happen at the Ritz Carlton" became the catch phrase of the trip. The level of service, care and concern for the guests was completely non-existent. We arrived some days carrying bags of groceries, our purses and a toddler and not once was offered help with my bags to my room. Sometimes I had to even struggle to open the door to the lobby myself. The only thing the front desk staff went out of their way to do was avoid eye contact. This would never happen at the Ritz Carlton. Never again will I stay at the Mansion. Ever.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
MansionOnTurtleCreek, General Manager at Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Dear Thekeda,

I would like to personally apologize for the poor service you received while visiting our property recently. We pride ourselves on personalized care, and after reading your comments, it is evident that we fell short on this trip. I genuinely appreciate your feedback, as it only helps us grow, and I have followed up with all staff involved to make sure no other guest has an experience like yours.

I do hope you’ll give us another chance on your next visit to Dallas, and remain at your entire disposal should you wish to provide more feedback directly with me.

Warm regards,

Christian Tavelli
Managing Director
NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

When in Dallas, I usually stay at the Zaza or the Mansion. Both are top-notch hotels.
The Mansion is the more grown-up of the two.
Five star service at the front desk and room service. Beautiful building and equally beautiful rooms. The room keys are key shaped - what a great touch.
Wonderful bar downstairs as well and I heard that the restaurant was equally top-notch.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Sonoma, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

What a wonderful place! from the moment you check in you enter the rare world of truly top hotels - think Claridges and Mandarin Oriental Bangkok- not Four Seasons-
The staff is excellent, the restaurant and room service perfect. The offerings on the room service menu are so much more interesting than our normal hotel. Our room was a suite and it was sophisticated decor, total luxury. entry hall, two baths, chic modern "four poster" bed. The gym is not the newest but very nice, the concierge desk was uneven , but the front desk and the
E rest of the staff more than makes up for that. The restaurant for any meal is fabulous. We had just come from the FourmSesons, which is not at all centrally located, and very nice but not in the echelon of this hotel , a different level.

Room Tip: If you can book a suite!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
jonesboro
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

The accommodations are luxurious, the staff is flawless. A great experience. The property also boost a house car, awesome bar, great restaurant. A lovely pool area tops off a warm weekend. We've stayed here many times. It's always perfect! And the food is an experience in the bar and restaurant Sunday brunch at the mansion is a very special treat

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
austin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

there are plenty of hotels in dallas that are more modern and, at least on the surface, nicer. but there's an old school charm about the mansion that's worth considering. and the service is excellent. restaurant is kind of outdated, but that seems to be the case with fine dining in dallas in general. get a poolside room, if you're into that, or something with a small balcony. great people watching and service. great location.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek? Share your experiences!