“Beautiful Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 188 Hotels in Dallas
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Beautiful Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

We wanted to get away for a night, and we decided to try out the Rosewood Mansion. The hotel and grounds were absolutely beautiful, the staff is amazing. It is very pricey, so prepare yourself for that before you go. But it was absolutely worth it. Wonderful hotel for a romantic getaway or special occasion.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

My friend and I recently had 5 wonderful days here. The staff could not have made our trip any better. Our rooms were really comforable and quiet. The room service breakfast is great. There is a car which drives you where you want to go in Dallas and the staff were wonderful about helping two Australians plan their trip and activities. The barman makes a mean cocktail. We can't wait to come back, have such great menoris of Texas.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

If you're staying in Dallas and want an out-of-the-ordinary hotel stay, check this place out. Our first fifteen minutes after check-in were so welcoming. Guests get one staff member who tends to your needs during your stay - they know your name and are super friendly! We were welcomed with a pear tart and pomegranate iced tea = FANTASTIC! The hotel restaurants are to die for. The room is beautiful and the bathroom is even better. This hotel has MY FAVORITE SOAPS THAT I'VE EVER USED IN A HOTEL. Must grab some to go. :) The spa and gym are great; eucalyptus oil in the steam sauna stays with you and even after your trip, you want to go back for more. Definitely coming back!

Room Tip: no preference with the rooms. the hotel is great regardless of which room you stay in.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

Just returned and very much dismayed at overall experience. They asked prior to arrival about any special requests (no feathered pillows and no alcohol in wet bars) but unfortunately, there was no follow through. Our rooms were not ready upon arrival, the pillows were feathered causing my son an allergic reaction (not a great way to start) and the bars were stocked causing further delay. They then offered a welcome tray but it never arrived. The rooms themselves had dirty walls and fingerprint smudges on them but cleaning person insisted they were "fixed". So I washed them off myself-gross. If my family wasn't so exhausted we would have left. Even the hall walls and a lot of the trim were simply dirty. The exercise equipment was not washed down after guests used it- a fresh towel was simply replaced by staff. The staff continued to address me by the wrong name for 4 days in spite of correcting them and being told each time it would be changed in computer. The concierge forgot to call me back but was able to make the request later. Our rooms were never completely restocked at night-something missing each night in at least one of them. The car service was always prompt. The neighborhood is quiet. The only pleasant part besides leaving was the gracious lunch on the porch and the delicious tortilla soup. Overall poor experience-doubt this is what the Hunts had in mind.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

We stayed at the Rosewood Mansion on a Friday & Saturday night for a wedding that was taking place on the property. We've stayed in a lot of hotels around the world at all different price ranges and what I've found separates those that you would truly like to return to is customer service. A moderately priced hotel with mid-range rooms, facilities etc. can still win you over with service whilst an expensive, flashy and "status" hotel can send you running for the door with a rude staff member or a "get them in and get them out" mentality. The Rosewood Mansion is a "high end" hotel with a truly wonderful staff.

Rooms: We had the King Deluxe. Loved the size, layout and decor. Additional bonus points for the couch and seating area, small balcony and separate sit down make-up table and mirror. The bathroom shower had great water pressure and was a good size. Some people have been disappointed with no coffee machine in the room (which I can understand), but I guess the hotel approach is "what ever you want, just call us up and we'll deliver it to your room". That goes for ice also.

General areas: Lobby, lounges etc. are all very nicely furnished and decorated. The Mansion bar is very cozy and gets pretty full on weekends. As does the restaurant. We had brunch on the outdoor terrace which was a great location. Plus the food was fantastic. The swimming pool area is quite small, but I have heard that if you want a longer pool stay you can also go across to the Crescent Hotel and use their pool.

Customer Service: The hotel has a complementary Jaguar sedan for your use within 5 miles of the hotel. Any staff member I encountered was helpful, attentive and had no problem immediately taking care of any request I had, which included faxing off some paperwork to Italy. When leaving the hotel the valet attendants, while loading your car refer to it by your last name rather than "those bags go in the white car and those in the blue". Sounds like a tiny event, but it is again their attention to customer service details, including putting cold bottled water in your car prior to you driving off.

I would mention short falls if I could think of any at this time, but I can't. Our stay was great and we would definitely stay there again. I guess every now and again you find a hotel that, for you, stands out amongst the others you have stayed in over the years. For me, the Mansion stands out.

Room Tip: Our room looked out over the rear parking lot. Not a big deal for us, but you could always request...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Tulsa, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

we invited our granddaughter to join us to visit the Chihuly exhibit at the Dallas Arboretum. She is 8 and is just starting to venture away from her family for an overnight adventure. we booked our trip thru AMEX Fine Hotels program. my husband and I have stayed at The Mansion before and were wanting this trip for her to be magical....and they surely provided such for all three of us!!!

upon check-in our room was upgraded from the Executive Suite (900 sq.ft.) to the Master Executive Suite (1350 sq. ft). this suite comes with a kitchen, dining area, living room, powder bath and very luxurious bedroom and master bath....but the killer was the beautiful baby grand piano in the room!!! our granddaughter was awestruck!! fortunately we had already visited the
arboretum exhibit because our granddaughter announced she didn't want to leave the hotel...

Julie at the front desk was a doll! our GD wrote her a thank you note. we had dinner in the restaurant and it was superb!!! the sweetbreads and fava beans are the best I've had ever, I think...and I rarely make such statements.

I cannot find one thing average or disappointing about our very magical and memorable trip!!
we have 8 other grandkids and this one experience makes me want to repeat such with each one!!!

Room Tip: our fabulous room was room 711.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

After three years of repeat experiences at the Mansion, we continue to be amazed at the extreme attention to detail in the level of customer service they provide. My wife and I spent our wedding night there in 2009, and have returned to celebrate our anniversary every year since. I haven't had to call back to make reservations, as they always call first to ask if we would like to celebrate again each year. In our experience, they make their customers feel like royalty, and go well beyond expectations in providing a quality experience. The following items have all been provided to us voluntarily (free of charge), as a result of working with the concierge, and letting them know we are celebrating a special day:

Wedding Night:
- Champagne in room
- Chocolate-covered Strawberries in room
- Monogrammed pillowcases

Years Since
- Special treat in room upon check in
- Champagne at dinner

The point is, they really go above and beyond to make your stay memorable, and if you are planning on coming to celebrate something, I highly recommend getting with the concierge and seeing what they do to make it more special.

Yes, they have top-notch rooms, and 5-star dining, but it's the customer service that keeps us coming back...

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek? Share your experiences!