“charged 200.00 for smoking and i don't smoke” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Grand Hotel Dallas

You added The Grand Hotel Dallas to your Saves list
The Grand Hotel Dallas
2.5 of 5 Small Hotel   |   7815 LBJ Freeway, Dallas, TX 75251 (Formerly Quality Inn Conference Center)   |
Ranked #7 of 23 Dallas B&B and Inns
Kansas City, Kansas, United States
“charged 200.00 for smoking and i don't smoke”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

yes it was comfy, clean and cheap however

I’m writing to you today because of an incident that happened to me dealing with the Grand Hotel in Dallas Texas. I stayed there over the weekend of April 19th to April 21. They charged my account 101.00 upon check out, which was fine. But today when I looked at my account I noticed another charge of 200.00. When I called the hotel to see what the charge was they told me that the cleaning lady had found evidence of smoking in the room. First and foremost I don’t smoke and secondly if they doubt me they can pay to have my lungs checked out because it wasn’t me. Please understand I’m frustrated and upset that they would charge my account without even calling me or asking me if there had been somebody smoking in the room. I could handle the situation a lot better if this was a true fact that I had smoked in the room but the point is I didn’t and they are not willing to listen to me. I called the Grand Hotel at 4:25 pm and talked to the front desk and couldn’t get any useful information. I then called back wanting to speak to a manager and wanting a telephone number of the cooperate office. I then got placed on hold for 16 minutes by Lynn after waiting so long I then called from another number and wouldn’t you know it they picked right up. How professional is that I ask you? We come down once a year with a group of 180 people and trust me after this I will be sure to let the group know it will be the last time we stay there.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Haifa, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

I saw some bad reviews before booking a room in Grand Hotel, but money mattered a lot, so I booked it anyway, and I was pleasantly surprised! The room was very big, clean and nicely furnished. The bed was super comfy. There was a fridge, a kettle, an iron - I really needed all of those. CVC and lots of fast food restaurants are nearby, and a bus stop is just around the corner. If you don't drive, definitely use the bus, it's cheap and fast, and Dallas public transportation system is super easy to understand.
I had some issues with double booking, but it was quickly resolved by the manager. The reception staff was very helpful as well, except for the weird guy with no teeth.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

Stayed there for 4 nights, room was cozy and clean. Had microwave, mini fridge, iron + board, coffee maker and a flat screen tv in the room, they even give you a locker in the room for your valueables. What else do you expect ?
Bed was made up every day and bathroom cleaned. I am happy, probably you would too.

• Stayed March 2013
Sulphur Springs, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

My husband and I stayed 2 days at The Grand and really enjoyed our time there. The room was very clean and smelled fresh, the hotel staff was friendly, and the rates were budget friendly. It is in a great location (right off of 635) and there were conveniences such as a CVS and an In and Out Burger next door. Also, there is a great Chinese buffet a little down the road! We will definitely stay again!

Room Tip: The only entrance to the guest rooms was through the front lobby. There were exit doors in the hallw...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

Brought the kids on my birthday weekend trip.my husband informed the manager it was my birthday he upgraded us to a Jr.Suite for free that was so nice housekeeping was great my child ask for a extra blanket at the front desk they were very nice giving us a copy of local restaurants in the area we will beback!!!

• Stayed February 2013
Garland, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Obviously they are trying to remodel. We stayed in a room that was yet to be remodeled so I got a different experience then most. My room smelled like an ashtray. Our A/C did not work enough in the middle of summer to keep our room cool. The furniture was in very poor condition with cigarette burns and the lamp had red stains that looked like blood splatter. The first night we stayed and suffered because no other rooms were available. We were moved the next day. Our door stopped working the next day. They sent a housekeeper to help and then the manager. Somebody was smoking pot in the next room while they were figuring out our door and they didn't seem to care. I was irritated that they "hold" $100 extra on your card for damages. Was so annoying. The lobby is like a nightclub with pop music playing all day and night. Okay but I'm staying elsewhere next time.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Orlando
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

The hotel has been remodeled, new carpet and being painted on 1/15/13. Very clean feeling overall, no bad smell. Rooms are spacious. The manager was very helpful in solving a booking discrepancy. CVS, Real burgers and Starbucks are next door, as well as La Quinta and larger hotels. As a traveling telecom contractor, I give it an easy 3-stars.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Been to The Grand Hotel Dallas? Share your experiences!