“AT FIRST SHAKY, BUT ENDED UP-BEAT” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Suites Market Center

You added Sheraton Suites Market Center to your Saves list
Sheraton Suites Market Center
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2101 Stemmons Freeway, Dallas, TX 75207 (Northwest Dallas-love Field)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #73 of 190 Hotels in Dallas
Lafayette, Louisiana
“AT FIRST SHAKY, BUT ENDED UP-BEAT”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

After a long drive in, we approached the check in desk (spg traveler) to find out that our reservation had been cancelled. What? I just made the reservation 3 days prior and had my confirmation number and welcome letter on my smart phone. This stay was PREPAID, so why would I have cancelled within the three days? So the guy checking us in, said no problem we will re-activate this reservation. He proceeded to ask us for the credit card we used to make reservation. This is not an unusual practice, but little did I know he would put another 480 dollar hold on the rooms that had been prepaid. My husband was definitely put off by this practice, but what else could we do, it was a done deal. We were placed on the Club Level floor which was nice, but did have a distinct smell to the hallways, it smelled more like old carpet. Not intolerable, just noticeable. Our room was very nice. Large enough to relax and we like the separate rooms so that if I wanted to watch TV in the bedroom, my husband could watch something else entirely in the sitting area.

We needed extra towels and when we called, they greeted us by our name and said they would send the towels up immediately. Which they did, immediately. Very impressed with the service from this point on.

Location is key to this hotel. Very easy on and off the highway to get you around Dallas and points beyond with no problems. Having access to the club level made our stay. We were able to get something to eat in the morning and have access to snacks and drinks throughout the day. I think we spent way less money on eating out because of this option. Hor D'oerves were tasty and satisfying. Abu (the staff) was a GEM. Always watching and offereing you more food, drink etc. I looked forward to seeing him in the morning.

For late night hunger, Denny's is next door.

I would definitely stay here again. The minor problem we had on check in was resolved and we were assured by the manager that the charges would be reversed within 5-10 days. We arrived home on Sunday evening and by Tuesday the hold was released.

Hotel is a good value and is nicely decorated.

Even with the hotel being right next to the Freeway, the room we had was quiet. I am making the assumption that the higher level/floor you are on would make a difference.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
gmJET, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Market Center, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Good Day JgDavid,

Thank you for your post on TripAdvisor. My apologies for the hiccups during the beginning of your stay and pleased to learn that ultimately you had an enjoyable experience. I appreciate the comments for our staff and particularly Abu. His son also worked for us while attending medical school - Abu is a proud father. We hope for the opportunity to host you again should your travels return you to Dallas. Warm Regards, Jason

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Austin, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

Hallway and room smelled like urine. It's a pet friendly hotel so I'm assuming the smell comes from the animals. Hotel staff was nice but nothing extraordinary about the hotel. Location was the primary reason for booking the hotel. It was near a few nice restaurants. The hotel shampoo and conditioner was good quality and there is plenty of room to relax in the room.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Greetings Iaamarc, thank you for staying with Sheraton Suites Dallas and for taking time to share feedback about your visit. Be assured we clean our guest corridors and guest suites on a daily basis so I'm sure any odor that had existed has been remedied. Thank you again and we hope to provide you with the comfortable experience we are know for on your next visit to Dallas. Warm Regards, Jason
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for one night as I was just visiting for the weekend. The hotel seemed nice enough, a decent bar and a pretty dated "workout" facility. Rooms were clean but much smaller than many other cheaper hotels. It was hard to even get around the bedroom. The most frustrating part didn't come until after my stay, when I found out that there was a $230 dollar hold placed on my card, nearly double the cost of my room for one night. This wouldn't have been an issue if at some point I was made aware of this hold being placed, but there was never any mention of it, at check-in or check-out. This ended costing me another $200 in overdraft fees at my bank. You should definitely let your customers know before you take their money, even if its only a temporary hold!

• Stayed May 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

This is an older hotel, and the rooms show the wear. While I was there one of the two elevators was not working, and the wait going up or down was quite long. Since this is a suite hotel, the room had a separate work / living area, but the bedroom was tiny. If the door to the living area was open, I couldn't get to the closet.
I went out looking for a restaurant and drove down the street the hotel is on, and it is very industrial and desolate at night. There was a police car parked nearby, which might suggest the hotel premises are safe, or they need that oversight.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Greetings Charlie_Hotlanta, thank you for staying with Sheraton Suites and thank you for your review. There are some exciting things developing in our surrounding neighborhood now known as the Design District. Ascension Coffee Shop, The Meddlesome Moth Gastro Pub and The Oak Restaurant to name a few. The police presence was due to the dignitaries in town for the opening of the Bush Presidential Library and Museum. Thank you again for your review and we hope to host a future stay. Warm Regards, Jason
Edmond, Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

I booked on-line a few days before our trip and provided the additional information that our cat would be travelling with us; this is a designated pet friendly hotel. When we arrived the person at the desk informed us that we did not have a reservation. I showed her the printed confirmation and she said that we would have had to phone to confirm the reservation because Bookit.com send faxes to them and someone at the hotel would have had to gone through the faxes to find it. She then looked at the computer and said there was a room available and proceeded to check us in. As she is doing this I mention that we do have our cat with us and she says that, "cats are not allowed". She phoned "Mark" and he said it was ok. Wow we are feeling welcome now! Our check out was equally complicated as I had paid for the room when I booked on-line but once again that information was on some fax that had never been retrieved.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Good Day, thank you for taking time to share your experience on Trip Advisor. My apologies for any confusion at check-in related to your accommodations. Be assured I've reviewed with the team. Booking directly with the hotel ensures the smoothest arrival experience. We hope for the opportunity to host a future visit should your travels return you to Dallas. Warm Regards, Jason
Lakeville, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

We stayed at the Sheraton while in Dallas for a Stars/Wild hockey game. Location was great for getting to the American Airlines Center and the hotel shuttle had us there in minutes. Our 9th floor room was wonderful. The front desk staff were very welcoming. I would highly recommend this property to anyone who needs to stay in central Dallas.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
gmJET, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Market Center, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Greetings Wally G, I'm very pleased to learn of your wonderful visit and thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. We have a terrific team - dedicated to providing a comfortable and enjoyable stay. We look forward to welcoming you back soon. Best Regards, Jason Tyson General Manager
Dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

The hotel was perfect for our lil get away. The kids enjoyed the indoor pool, and was a great location for family fun activities. Rooms were very clean, and the beds extra comfy. We will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Been to Sheraton Suites Market Center? Share your experiences!