“Worst hotel stay in years” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Renaissance Dallas Hotel

You added Renaissance Dallas Hotel to your Saves list
Renaissance Dallas Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2222 Stemmons Freeway, Dallas, TX 75207 (Northwest Dallas-love Field)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #35 of 190 Hotels in Dallas
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Worst hotel stay in years”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Stayed here for one night in late December. Luckily, we got a good AAA rate on the Marriott website, because if I had paid over $100 for the hotel I would have been furious.

The hotel is easy to spot and to access from I35. It is an easy 10-15 dollar cab ride to downtown, and it looks like there is always a taxi waiting on property. The hotel is within walking distance to the market center, but nothing else (no biggie...again cabs are plentiful). The bellman was SUPER friendly, the hotel is pretty, and our car didn't get broken in to. All Renaissance Hotels have nice toiletries. That's about it for positives.

I stay at Marriotts often (gold member with over 50 stays this year) and had my first downright unfriendly front desk agent at this hotel. Not a huge deal. Got to the room (8th floor with a view of a parking garage where we got to see TWO arrests made during our 14 hour stay!). The room was clean and spacious. Unfortunately, there was no way to keep the room cool. We kept trying to change the thermostat, and it kept defaulting back to super warm. Desk clerk said it was just the way the HVAC is set up (which I do find is often the case in large hotels). There is no way to crack the window, so we were sweaty most of the night.
The hotel was no where close to full, but was VERY noisy. Not "the neighbors next door are having a party" noisy, but the type of noisy where the doors slam by default, and so you can hear EVERYONE on the floor when the close there door. Everytime the people above us walked, it sounded like a heard of elephants. Every time anyone on our floor blew their nose or farted, we could hear it. The super thin walls, coupled with horrible HVAC meant that we got very little sleep, and at the end of the day, what I really want from a hotel is a good night's sleep.
We did not try the gym, the pool or the food service.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
Dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

The Dallas Rennasaince Hotel off Wycliff and I-35 is exactly what it says it is.

A rennasaince.

It has been there for quite some time, however, the investment in upgrades and the addition of the new ballrooms with sky bridge is just over the top.

The main hotel facility is in fact also being upgraded.

The food is anything but hotel food. It is surpassing on many levels.

But Perhaps One thing that you should never overlook is the quality of staff.

They are probably one of the most personable staffs I have run across in dallas.

While I love the anatole, the rennasaince actually beats it with service and staff.

This hotel is so unique. Rooms are very cool based on curved nature of hotel. Just a great experience.

• Stayed November 2014
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The Dallas Renaissance is one of my favorite Renaissance properties. The staff were so friendly- I felt right at home from check in through check out. The fitness center and pool are enormous, doing justice to the classic Texas slogan. The rooms facing downtown offer great views. This hotel is located about 25 mins Southeast of DFW airport, and 10 mins Northwest of downtown.

Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My friend and I stayed at the Renaissance Dallas over the weekend Friday December 5th thru Sunday December 7th for the dog show at the Trade Mart. We had 2 standard King rooms (603 & 604) on the 6th floor. The weekend leisure rate ($129) was more than reasonable, dare I say it was a bargain for the quality of the room and hotel. We got the even better senior rate of $110. They had a B&B rate that would save you money over the normal leisure rate if you had 2 people in the room and ate breakfast.

The hotel is about 30 years old but it looked brand new. The building is a Dallas landmark and easy to find because you can see it miles before you get there (it is the 2nd tallest building outside of downtown Dallas). The 1980’s modern pink granite oval tower is easy to spot. I have always thought it was a pretty building and wanted to stay there. The hotel is located next to the Dallas Trade Mart just north of downtown and has great views of the skyline. It is very easy to get downtown from the hotel.

Our rooms were large even though they were some of the smaller rooms in the hotel. They were well laid out and had nice features like a second sink located outside the bath in the dressing area (a great feature if you are traveling with someone), modern dark wood & frosted glass furniture plus a small fridge inside one nightstand. The room was very modern with nice travertine floor tile in the entry and bath. The outside wall is curved with a large window and heavy floor to ceiling drapes. The bed was a very comfortable pillow top with nice linens and pillows. They also use Aveda bath products. Everything was super clean. We were both very happy with our rooms.

The hotel has a lot of other nice features like a roof top pool, sauna, well equipped gym and free washers & dryers with detergent for you to use, all on the roof level. You must go to the 30th floor and climb several flights of stairs to get to the roof level. The other common areas like the lobby and restaurant are ultra modern and elegant, Marble, Granite and back lit Onyx everywhere. The $20 buffet breakfast had a nice variety and was very good. They also have made to order omelets included in the buffet breakfast. We ate both nights at the hotel restaurant, Amador. I had a mixed greens salad and a huge tenderloin filet cooked perfectly over a wood fire both nights. My friend had the Cobb Salad the first night and the filet the next. The restaurant bar was very well stocked and the cocktails were well crafted and delicious. The homemade chips and guacamole were outstanding. The prices weren’t cheap but the food was worth it and the service was excellent. We were very happy with all the food at the hotel, no complaints at all.

The hotel staff were all friendly and helpful from the moment we got there. Our bellman was especially nice and helpful. He got us ice on arrival and made sure we didn’t forget the phone charger on the way out. The front desk, the valet parking attendants, everyone was pleasant and eager to help.

My friend raved all the way home about how much she liked the hotel and restaurant. The location was perfect for us, I’m sure we will stay here again. Great hotel with a wonderful staff!
My new favorite Dallas hotel!

Room Tip: Higher floors have great skyline views
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Sugar Land, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Stayed here for 1 Saturday night and enjoyed the stay. Employee checking me in was very friendly and acknowledged my Marriott Rewards status. Lobby area has a boutique hotel feel to it with high ceilings and was updated recently. The elevators were pretty quick seldom had to wait on one. The hotel room was pretty good size and I did like the layout of the bathroom with a vanity area just outside the bathroom and then another one within the bathroom. Had a comfortable night's sleep. There's only 1 restaurant or bar here and it's Asador on lobby level and I had good service at the bar along with a few tasty cocktails. There's not a whole lot surrounding the hotel but is right next to the Dallas Market Center for those attending a convention there. Hotel is in a location with easy access to the freeway so it doesn't take long to get anywhere. I enjoyed my stay here and would return again in the future.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stayed at the Renaissance Dallas over the Thanksgiving holiday. Normally we use Starwood properties for my points, but decided on this hotel for my partner to get Marriott points. What we found at this hotel was a sleek, modern interior, well-disguising the property's age. The lobby is very warm, cozy and welcoming, with a hip ambiance. We were checked-in by Amber, very helpful, and she even escorted us from the desk towards the elevators. A great touch! Also, we really liked the small snack area to the side of the front desk, offering toiletries, snacks and drinks. Our room was an Executive King Suite, very well laid-out, with a bedroom and separate living room. We didn't even use all the space. The room was great, with comfortable linens and great sleeping in the big comfy bed. The room was kept clean and had every amenity would could want. We were on the 29th floor and had expansive views of the area. The hotel's gym is on the 30th floor and is very well-laid out also. It has a good choice of equipment. There is also a small outdoor pool area. We really enjoyed our stay and look forward to using this hotel again. They offer a great, contemporary, friendly experience here.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I got a room up high... Highway side! Absolutely stunning nighttime views!
Very clean, courteous and convenient location to trade mart. Excellent bar. Newly renovated, and walking distance to the mart areas. They also offered shuttle service - free- to areas nearby.

• Stayed August 2014

Been to Renaissance Dallas Hotel? Share your experiences!