“Very nice!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Renaissance Dallas Hotel

You added Renaissance Dallas Hotel to your Saves list
Renaissance Dallas Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2222 Stemmons Freeway, Dallas, TX 75207 (Northwest Dallas-love Field)   |
Hotel deals
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Edmond
“Very nice!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

This was my first visit at the Renaissance in Dallas. The hotel is beautiful, the staff is very friendly, courteous and efficient. I loved the two separate sinks and the bed was so comfortable!!! I was there for a meeting and the banquet room was perfect for our needs. I had dinner at the restaurant there and it was to die for!!!!! Our server was amazing and it was one of the best steak's I've had. The only complaints I have are that (1) Wi-Fi is not included in the cost of the room; and (2) the main restroom on the first floor by the restaurant only has one bathroom stall. Other than that, it was a delightful stay.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

Firstly, the Renaissance is one of the most beautiful hotels I've ever been in. I have stayed here previously and reviewed it as such.

My stay this time was less than stellar. While the Staff, Décor, etc. were all superb as expected, I I did not like the rude, noisy people next to me. Also, it has been almost six months, and they are STILL working on the hotel... this time they are renovating the Health area, and they are getting rid of the sauna (big mistake in my opinion). It's VERY noisy until about 5 pm each day.

Luckily, the head of security was able to relocate the noisy party to another room. The Front Desk staff was very apologetic, and again... the customer service is amazing!

I'm actually from Dallas, and often take mini vacays in Dallas to get away. I prefer to either stay here or at the Hilton Anatole, but after this stay I may not be back.

Room Tip: High floors are bad as they are working on the 30th floor
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Renaissance D, General Manager at Renaissance Dallas Hotel, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Thank you for your review. We apologize that were disturbed by noise at our hotel. We make every attempt to minimize the disturbances to our guests but, as you have pointed out, we have not succeeded 100%. This has been brought to the attention of our Director of Security and hope to use this as a learning experience and make improvements going forward.. Our Fitness Center renovation will be completed in mid- March and will more than double the size of our work-out facility. We will also have state-of-the-art workout equipment that will complete our new look! We hope you will give us another chance in the future, experience our new look, and let us turn your negative expereince into a positive one.

All the Best,

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

My 6 year old chose this hotel for us to stay in because she loves Renaissance Hotels. We have lived in the one in Kuala Lumpur and stayed in the one in Phuket. The Dallas one does not disappoint!
It is typical Renaissance. Fun décor (cowhide chairs with horns for arm rests and legs in the lobby.. why didn't get a picture!!?)
There is a constant flow of good music. 90's rock 'n' roll in the outside breezeway and smooth contemporary beats in the dining room.
There is no mini bar but there is a gift shop open 24 hours in the lobby which provides reasonably priced drinks, snack and gifts.
Wifi is free in the lobby but you do have to pay in the hotel room.
Breakfast was good and included in my rate. The coffee flowed, the pastries were nice, the cheese selection good and when I got my scrambled eggs and put a heap of the homemade salsa on top, the chef quickly offered to heat up some tortillas for me. Which I happily accepted, of course!
I recommend this hotel for the location, the price and the good vibe.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Renaissance D, General Manager at Renaissance Dallas Hotel, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Thank you for your kind words. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and will let our staff know that they helped you have a great stay with us. I am delighted that enjoyed the "vibe' of our hotel! All of us at the Renaissance are passionate about hospitality and we hope to see you again soon.

Kind Regards,

California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

I stayed here twice in the past 3 months - fabulous...everyone was friendly and helpful including the front door, reception, housekeeping, restaurant and lounge staff. Rooms are very comfortable with great views. Great amenities. Well located. Try their wonderful farm to table restaurant. I'm not a big fan of their lunch selections, tho' they are fresh and good - but their dinner appetizers and entrees are definitely worth trying.

Room Tip: I like the higher rooms for the views.
Green Features: The hotel participates in environmentally friendly practices, such as towel and linen change choices for guests and their use of locally produced foods at their signature restaurant.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Renaissance D, General Manager at Renaissance Dallas Hotel, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Thank you for staying with us several times over the last three months. I'm happy to hear that you have enjoyed your stays with us and our entire team has been so helpful to you. I am delighted to hear that you enjoy our restaurant for dinner and drinks and encourage you to try us again for lunch. We are always adding new items to our menu to take advantage of seasonal ingredients.

Hope see you again soon,

Newark, Delaware
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

Staff was wonderful, I can't say enough good things about them. Very attentive, patiently answered all of our out of towner questions. Even called when we got up to the room to ensure that it was up to our expectations. I would have given it 5 stars but we arrived in the middle of construction, which made the parking lot a little dicey with all of the contractors, and the lovely view of Dallas marred by the crane approaching our window. Even with all that, still a lovely stay. I would absolutely return.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our hotel. We are glad you experienced our caring service and great amenities. We know it's the little things that make your stay more comfortable! Thank you for staying with us.

Hope to see you again soon,

Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

Arrival experience: We arrived on Christmas Day around 3:00. The hotel was practically empty, but the staff was attentive and ready to help. We had the most efficient check-in experience ever. Kristin (phonetic spelling) greeted us and immediately informed us that we were upgraded to a suite. I asked about the club being open, and she informed us that the club was closed for the holiday but provided breakfast vouchers.

Room (general): We stayed in suite 2501. Nice sized suite. Living room included a couch, coffee table, two chairs, TV, mini-frig, and a breakfast nook with a round table and four chairs. The room had an odd shape, but it worked nicely and felt spacious. The bedroom had a king sized bed, TV, two nightstands, chaise lounge, and desk; it was not cramped. The bathroom was a bit cramped, but a second sink in a vanity area made livable. Hotel was old, but paint, carpet, and fixtures seemed fairly fresh.

Bathroom: Clean tub, small bathroom by modern luxury standards.

Bed: Good Marriott bed.

Housekeeping: Housekeeping was above average. The carpets and bathroom were very clean.

Restaurants: Asador is the lobby restaurant in the Renaissance Hotel. It has a farm to table approach. The interior is modern and clean. We ate at Asador three times over three days- once for dinner and twice for breakfast. Summary: The dinner crew is great, but the breakfast crew was amateur and needs a new manager.
12/25 Dinner: We made reservations a few weeks in advance for dinner on Christmas day. Nearly all other restaurants in Dallas were closed Christmas, and we wanted to guarantee a table. Plus reviews on Trip Advisor and Yelp were pretty good; since we were staying at the Renaissance we decided to give it a try. Service was the proper balance between friendly and efficient. The restaurant had few patrons but was fully staffed. The shishito pepper appetizer was very creative and delicious. The Asador burger was great! Patty was cooked as requested and the fried egg on top was perfect. The draft beer selection is limited but had a few decent choices.
Breakfast experience:
12/26 Two guests at breakfast that were not wearing shoes were accepted at Asador. Although several guests and staff members were obviously disturbed by the lack of decorum and propriety in walking around the restaurant (including buffet) without shoes, the manager took no action. I reported the incident to the front desk and expressed dismay over allowing patrons without shoes in the restaurant. This is a sign of very poor management.
12/27 The hostess led us to our table, and she took our voucher for complimentary breakfast. Later, our server asked for our voucher, and we explained that the hostess took it. The server commented that the hostess should not have done so. Later, the server came back to our table and gave us our voucher. Then, incredibly, she told us “next time you should keep your voucher because we need them for the bill.” I asked her if she actually thought it was appropriate to chastise a customer for following the hostess’ instructions. The server became very defensive and rudely commented something to the effect that the hostess was wrong. I couldn’t believe it! The server then walked over to the manager, and the manager looked our way but never approached our table. Most managers would have sought clarification or apologize for the poor communication among staff.
As a manager myself, I diagnose the problems experienced at breakfast as a lack of management leadership and staff training. Based on the events of 12/25 and 12/26, Asador needs a new breakfast manager.

Grounds: This is a city hotel with no garden or grounds to speak of. It had ample parking, but construction was going on and was very dusty.

Gym and Pool: decent sized gym on the roof with variety of equipment, including treadmills, weights, and misc. Small sauna was ok. Rooftop pool was nice. We used the whirlpool, but it was over chlorinated. We strongly recommend that management instruct its pool staff to measure the chlorine and not guess.

Staff attitude/service: Overall, the staff was nice and efficient. Everyone behind the front desk was helpful. See our comments above about the restaurant staff.

Parking: on site self-park and valet. Tip- Park your own car. We were not charged for self-park.

Misc: Easy access to I-35E, close to downtown.

About us: We’re irreverent, younger American professionals who travel regularly for both business and pleasure

Room Tip: Consider a suite. They are spacious.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Renaissance D, General Manager at Renaissance Dallas Hotel, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Just wanted to thank you for your recent review of our hotel. I apologize for the experience you had at breakfast and I appreciate you letting me know so we can improve our service in this area. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your suite and that Kristin was so helpful! In addition, I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed dinner in our restaurant. The Asador Burger is one my favorite entrees in our restaurant as well! We hope that next time you are in the area you will consider staying with us again.

Take Care,

Manassas, Virginia, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

We stayed for 5 nights it was great the Valet & Bell staff was execelent they even let me be Richard Petty around the parking lot. Drinks at the bar were good also Can't wait to come back & do it again. (We didn't have time to experience breakfast or the spa)

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Renaissance D, General Manager at Renaissance Dallas Hotel, responded to this review, December 29, 2013
Thank you for your comments. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and will let our valet and bell staff know that they helped make it a memorable stay for you! We look forward to your staying with us again and invite you to experience more of our craft cocktails in Asador!

Looking forward to your next stay,

Mark Woelffer

Been to Renaissance Dallas Hotel? Share your experiences!