“comfortable stay, good food, bad wifi” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Renaissance Dallas Hotel

Save Saved
You added Renaissance Dallas Hotel to your Saves list
Renaissance Dallas Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2222 Stemmons Freeway, Dallas, TX 75207 (Northwest Dallas-love Field)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #23 of 188 hotels in Dallas
USA
“comfortable stay, good food, bad wifi”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

Stayed recently for 4 nights. Big room with very comfortable beds and pillows. Asador restaurant is very good and not just a run of the mill hotel restaurant. The only grouse I have is the poor wifi signal in the rooms. What makes it worse is that they do not support ethernet connections either. I tried using my own ethernet cable but the ports in the rooms are no longer working. All in all, a great stay.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Renaissance D, General Manager at Renaissance Dallas Hotel, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Thank you for your recent review. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed our comfortable beds and great food! In response to your comment on Wifi, we have gone to wireless only in our guest rooms. However, we have just signed a contract greatly expanding our bandwidth which will enhance ease of connectivity and speed. We hope that next time you are in the area, you will stay with us again and enjoy the expanded services our hotel can provide to you.

Warm Regards,

492 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
Tampa, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

This hotel was recommended to us by a friend who lived in Dallas until recently. As other reviews have stated, this is primarily a hotel used for business purposes, however we were in town on vacation. It is conveniently located, the staff is friendly, fairly priced, and the rooms are spacious and clean. There is/was some construction going on on the property, but it was not apparent inside the hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing the Renaissance Dallas hotel during your stay in Dallas. We are fortunate to have so many great reviews on Tripadvisor and I greatly appreciate you adding your experience. We hope to see again when travels bring you back to the Dallas area.

All the Best,

Freehold, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

Renaissance was a good business travel hotel. The staff was friendly and knowledgable and answered my many questions. The room was big enough and clean. The bed was so comfortable. As my room was located on the higher floor, I enjoyed the great view. I will consider to stay here again in my next business trip.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our hotel. We pride ourselves on our great service and clean rooms. I am also delighted that you were able to enjoy our spectacular view of downtown Dallas. We look forward to having you stay with us again soon. We enjoyed taking care of you!

Metuchen, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a conference. The hotel was a good 20-25 minute cab ride from DFW Ariport ($41 plus tip). The hotel was clean. My room did not have a view of the city, but a driving range. The room was clean and the elevators were pretty fast. The conference facilities were solid. The hotel restaurant was excellent.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor with a view of the city.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your kind words. We appreciate the opportunity to welcome your group and appreciate your business. If there is anything we can do to enhance our services please let us know. We are always listening to our guests.

Take Care,

General manager
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

This hotel looks great from the street and it looks even better once inside. Parking is conveniently located next door and there are plenty of spaces even during busy weekdays. The staff, from front desk folks to concierge & bell boys and restaurant employees, is very nice and courteous. The room is clean and neat. Definitely a higher end hotel to stay at! Strongly recommended!

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Your comments about your stay with us made me smile. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and that our entire staff was so helpful! Our top priority is our guests' comfort and I am delighted to hear that we achieved that goal.

Hope to see you again soon,

Washington DC, District of Columbia, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

This hotel is a little out of the way, unless you are looking for something near the Medical Center Complex, or the Dallas Market Place. It turns out that you can't really walk in this city, and everything is a cab ride. The roads are also really strange, so that a one mile straight shot ends up being 2-3 miles and the cab ride runs you $15-$20 just to go one mile. The area does not look safe, and the hotel staff strongly discourages you from walking in the neighborhood at night.

As for the hotel, it has a nice lobby, and the concierge lounge has a great view. the service is pretty good. It seems like the downtown view, versus the medical center view is more popular, so they are very quick to tell you that they don't have city view rooms left. I tried to get my suite moved to the city view side, with all my elite membership and all, but they were absolutely firm about saying "no". I thought that was strange. The suite right across the hall from me (city view) became open 2 days into my stay, but I guess they gave it to someone else over me.

Other than the view snobbery, the rest of my interaction with the staff was pretty good. The room was nice and clean, and the service was nice. The concierge lounge service was okay in the afternoon. Nothing really that great when it comes to snacks. The concierge breakfast was good, but the lobby restaurant breakfast was so great, that I am glad Saturday morning, we got the breakfast voucher because the concierge lounge is closed on weekends. Apparently people come to this hotel to eat the food, so that is a good sign.

Overall, a good hotel, but beware of transportation. It is a pain, and it is expensive. Maybe get a rental car, if you are planning to get around Dallas a lot. It saves you a bunch. Parking rates at the hotel are pretty okay ($16-$25 depending on self versus valet)

Room Tip: Ask for downtown view and higher floors, as it might be less freeway noise.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Renaissance D, General Manager at Renaissance Dallas Hotel, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Thank you for your kind comments about your recent stay with us. I am delighted that you enjoyed our breakfast so much! We do have many locals that frequent our restaurant which, as you said, is a good sign. We look forward to welcoming you again when you return to Dallas. I greatly appreciate you adding your experience at our hotel.

Warm Regards,

General Manger
Drexel Hill, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

The staff is very nice and knowledgable about the area. We were on the 30th floor with a great view. The room is typical slightly outdated and doesn't match the modern updated lobby. Room was very clean though. Food at the hotel restaurant was very good.

Location of the hotel is great. It's only about 15 min to downtown and even less to some of the more popular trendy areas.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Just wanted to thank you for your recent stay here at the Renaissance Dallas hotel. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and restaurant! I am also delighted that you were able to experience some of our more trendy areas which are very close to the hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back when travels bring you back to Dallas.

All the Best,

Mark Woelffer

Been to Renaissance Dallas Hotel? Share your experiences!