“Sound stay with an awesome view of downtown” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Renaissance Dallas Hotel

You added Renaissance Dallas Hotel to your Saves list
Renaissance Dallas Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2222 Stemmons Freeway, Dallas, TX 75207 (Northwest Dallas-love Field)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
FREE Wi-Fi
Ranked #39 of 192 Hotels in Dallas
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Sound stay with an awesome view of downtown”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

We stayed at the Renaissance over night before hitting an early flight out of Dallas Love Field. Beds were very comfortable and clean with ample room (not large) for the three of us. Customer service at the front desk was quick and friendly and they were spectacular in providing us an AWESOME view of downtown. Our 8yr old loved the infamous flashing ball and skyline... A memorable end to the trip. The pool on the rooftop was nice but would have been spectacular to have had a view. Self parking was close although did cost $14 a night. Very close access to Love field as well.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Renaissance D, General Manager at Renaissance Dallas Hotel, responded to this review, August 25, 2013
Your comments about your stay made me smile. I am delighted you enjoyed our clean rooms and our hospitality. I am pleased also you enjoyed the view of downtown from your room. Many of our guests call it the "Million Dollar View" of downtown. We hope you and your family will visit again soon!

Mark Woelffer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
Obfelden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

The rooms were not very clean but spacious. Staff was nice but not too friendly. Everybody seemed to be a little stressed out as thousands of mary kay ladies entered the city when we were there. Pool on rooftop is nice and warm but unfortunately there is no possibility to have a look towards the city from there. At checkout they charged us two parking fees for our one car just as we had booked two rooms - but they corrected without any problem.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try to make sure that all our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. I will give your feedback to our team so that we can make the necessary improvements in the future.

I hope that next time you are in the area that you will consider staying with us once again.

Warm Regards,
Tulsa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

The Renaissance Dallas is a very comfortable hotel. Has all the amenities without the haste of a giant conference hotel. The Renaissance Club floor and concierge lounge is very nice. The Asador Restaurant has a great selection of farm-to-table foods and good selection of beer and cocktails. It's my hotel of choice each time I travel to Dallas. The construction of the new garage and convention portion is currently underway, but the hotel has done a nice job keeping the disruption to a minimum. Highly recommend this hotel if you are staying in the downtown Dallas area.

• Stayed July 2013
Renaissance D, General Manager at Renaissance Dallas Hotel, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Thank you for your kind comments about our hotel. We are very fortunate to have so many great reviews on Tripadvisor and I greatly appreciate you adding your experience. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel and hope that you will be able to enjoy our "Pancake Breakfast with the General Manager" which I host in our Club Lounge on a monthly basis.
Looking forward to your next stay,
Tulsa, OK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed on the 29th floor during the long July 4th weekend. Beds were very comfortable. Spotless rooms. Great view of downtown in our friends' room across the hall. Ours looked over a driving range, which wasn't bad either. The gym (30th floor) is small but functional with treadmills, ellipticals, free weights, etc. It could use a little more a/c if you're doing cardio but for the top floor of a tall building in Dallas in July, maybe that's the norm? Also had a water cooler with ice-cold water. That was nice as I'd forgotten to bring a water bottle of my own.

All parking is valet for $15 - 20ish per day. Our car was always brought out promptly and the valet staff were very friendly and helpful.

Free wifi was included with Platinum status but was about $12/day otherwise.

One weird thing at this hotel: To access the gym and rooftop pool area, you exit the elevator on the top floor and then CLIMB A TALL FLIGHT OF STAIRS in what seems like an un-air-conditioned stairwell. Apparently room at the top is so scarce they couldn't have elevator access. This wasn't an issue for us using the gym but for an older or disabled person taking kids to the pool, it could be an issue. Pool and gym are not ADA accessible.

The hotel is also about to undertake a massive construction project to add a huge garage & ballroom space. We didn't hear any noise but the grounds outside are fenced off and full of heavy equipment.

It was a great stay. Good jumping off point for Ikea, Medieval Times, local malls, etc. Comfy beds, hot showers.

Room Tip: Downtown views are nice; avoid conjoined rooms - those doors let every bit of noise through!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I am delighted you found everything at our hotel so enjoyable! Our guests love our rooftop pool and we have worked hard to make our rooftop and pool ADA accessible. If any ADA guest chooses to visit our pool, we have an elevator that will take you directly to the rooftop! I am also delighted that we were so close to all the places on your 'bucket list" of things to do in Dallas. Thanks again for choosing the Renaissance Dallas hotel. We look forward to your next stay with us!

Harker Heights, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

From the moment we approached the desk until we left we felt at home! The crew on duty on July 5th around 4-5 p.m. welcomed us like we were old friends. One of the ladies at the desk actually took my granddaughter to the snack area and loaded up a bag of treats for her. She continued to talk to her while we checked in. Once in the room we found everything spotless and beautiful as ever. Breakfast during our stay was wonderful. We had a slight problem with our television, but the engineer was in our room to fix it within minutes of our calling about it. He saw that we were on our way to the pool and came up to tell us the problem was fixed and even set us a couple of beer AND gave us a free movie for our trouble with the television. Customer service is awesome at this hotel. It's our favorite place in Dallas.

Room Tip: Stay here.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Renaissance D, General Manager at Renaissance Dallas Hotel, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Your comments made me smile. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay over the holiday and that our entire staff was so helpful! We look forward to welcoming you again to our hotel in the future!

Wichita Falls, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

There was a weekend deal including free valet parking and we were very glad we stayed at this hotel. We were on the 24th floor facing downtown and the view was so enjoyable it was an attraction in itself...the valet only parking is a spectacle too as parking staff meet each vehicle that arrives and strives to keep the driveway clear. It can be very hectic but we got our car quickly and never had a problem. The room was just fine, beds very comfortable and everything clean. Usually a little pricey for me, but if I can find a deal like the one we got again I will definitely stay, providing I can get one of those awesome views of downtown Dallas.

Room Tip: make sure your room faces downtown
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for the great review on Tripadvisor. I am delighted that you enjoyed our spectacular view of downtown. It also sounds like our valet area afforded a great "people watching" opportunity as well! I am so glad you loved our rooms and service. We know it's the little things that make your stay more comfortable. We hope to see you again soon,

Little Rock
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

I always stay in the Market Center area in Dallas to insure a great stay with great service. A family member is a Concierge for the local Marriott in my town so he was able to get me a great rate for my birthday weekend. At first I was upset about the mandatory $22/night valet parking fee witch they ensure by charging a $25 incidentals charge. I could not understand how they could not offer some sort of unpaid parking for guests. But after the full stay I can say I didn't mind paying the charge at all. Whenever I had to go anywhere all I had to do was call to the front desk and my car was waiting near the front door when I came out. I absolutely love valet parking (not my first time, I usually valet anytime I can.)

I was traveling with a friend and she happens to be a tiny bit of a germaphobe. We had forgotten her disinfectant and didn't realize it till we got to the room so I called to the front desk and requested a bottle sent to the room, shortly housekeeping showed up with the bottle and my friend was very impressed.

The best part of the stay was the stay was the overall customer service. I was greeted by name anytime I called to front desk and every employee greeted me with a polite hello or some idle chit chat.

The appearance of the hotel was impeccable. The lobby was well appointed and beautiful and the room was very clean and very comfortable. I slept like a baby the entire time. I will definatley visit this hotel many more time.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Renaissance D, General Manager at Renaissance Dallas Hotel, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Thank you for your kind words. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and will let our entire team know that they helped you have a great stay with us. We enjoyed taking care of you and we hope to see you again soon!

Warm Regards,

Mark Woelffer

Been to Renaissance Dallas Hotel? Share your experiences!