“they just do it right” 5 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Renaissance Dallas Hotel to your Saves list
Renaissance Hotels Orbitz.com
Renaissance Dallas Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2222 Stemmons Freeway, Dallas, TX 75207 (Northwest Dallas-love Field)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #20 of 187 hotels in Dallas
houston
“they just do it right”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

from the guy who opens the car door , to the front desk personnel, this hotels staff does it right. stayed 3 nights and every encounter i had with staff was very pleasant. Ate in cafe breakfast every morning and food good and quick. would stay again without a doubt. they are under construction and the parking is not good but they are helpful and i had no problems with this either. I will only say one area that is in need of improvement is you can hear so much in your room from outside noise(doors slamming, water running, etc) hard to fix that now but is my only complaint

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Renaissance D, General Manager at Renaissance Dallas Hotel, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Thank you for your kind words about your recent stay with us. We know it's the little things that make your stay more comfortable. We look forward to serving your travel needs when you return to the Dallas area. Safe Travels!

Take Care,

471 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
San Antonio, Texas, Usa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Stayed here for the past weekend…22 July 2013. The staff inside where amazing, however the bell hops and valets pushed you towards non-taxi vehicles that charge a “flat fee” for travel and while going in an escalade maybe what you want it almost seems underhanded. Also, they really seemed to have the push the customer off to another guy for so everyone gets a tip…I talked to 4 different bell hops (after tipping the first to get my bags) and felt like I was expected to tip them all….kind of a shake down before you get to the introduction to the guy who will drive you in his escalade to where ever, that you have to say “No, I want to have a cab with a meter in it” too. Like I said inside the managers, bar tenders and wait staff were amazing but you have to run the gauntlet of thugs wanting tips at the door to get to them. The rooms were clean and comfortable and were easy access to the Trade Center. My fiancée is a business woman who is “élite platinum” or some such (stays at this particular place at least twice a year for the past decade) and she couldn’t even get her car valet parked when she showed up…(female shows up at night and you make her park in the back 40 and walk…very sad and unsafe). So parking is the worst, coupled with the thugs at the door, would almost make me pass on this place if it wasn’t so close to the trade center and the friendliness of the inside staff. The comp., breakfast is awesome!

Room Tip: All rooms seem to have great views!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your concerns. I am delighted that you enjoyed our inside staff, our spectacular city views, and our wonderful food! However, we deeply regret the experience you had in our valet area and offer our sincere apology. Rest assured that we have addressed these issues with the appropriate manager to insure experiences like yours won't happen again. Please contact me at 214-267-4888 so I can work with you to determine an appropriate resolution to this issue.Thank you again for your feedback.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the renaissance this year while we attending market instead of the Hilton Anatole for the first and last time. The most significant complaint that I have is the parking issue. We pulled up to check in and unload our luggage around 5 pm and were told valet was full and we would have to self-park. Doesn't seem that bad until you find out the self-park is miles away and you have to be shuttled back to the hotel. The last thing we want to do is ride a shuttle from an offsite parking facility. We were on a all girls trip and do NOT feel comfortable with this at anytime. Not what you would expect from a hotel that charges 229.00 per night. Very disappointed and will NEVER stay at this property again. We will also be making a complaint with the Dallas Market Center who refers this hotel to buyer. Next time we will stay at the Anatole!

• Stayed June 2013
I am so sorry to hear about the problem with parking that you encountered at our hotel. Unfortunately, we had to move our complimentary parking area to a parking lot which is offsite for the one week of Super Market. During all other times of the year, we do have parking on our own property. We are working diligently to resolve this problem by building a parking garage to accomodate all parking on site during our Super Markets every year. I would love to speak with you further about this experience to make sure all issues are resolved. Please call me directly at 214-267-4888 so that I may better address this matter.

Austin, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

The hotel was beautiful and located conveniently close to the American Airlines center. I received a room on the top floor which was nice and had a beautiful view of downtown Dallas. Unfortunately, there was a bad mildew odor around our room refrigerator which I reported to the front desk as we were checking out and they were apologetic and seemed to be attentive to the issue. My only real complaint is the forced valet parking. Basically you pay $22/day (plus tips of course) for someone to drive your car about 100 ft from what seemed to me to be a big empty parking lot...it felt a little "scammy" to me. Now don't get me wrong....on some trips I like valet parking and will utilize it if available, however I prefer a choice. Overall the hotel was clean and new looking and the personnel were friendly and accommodating. The little restaurant in the lobby had good food...although it was a little pricey.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Renaissance D, General Manager at Renaissance Dallas Hotel, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Thank you for posting your review on Tripadvisor. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and am delighted that our Front Desk took care of the issue with your refrigerator so promptly! We take pride in our beautiful hotel and wonderful staff and am glad you experienced our true Renaissance hospitaltiy! Presently, we are working on a hotel package that will include parking and will be available by the end of this week.

We look forward to having you stay with us again,

Makr Woelffer
Genjeral Manager
Dallas, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

This is a hotel that truly goes the extra mile to make their guests feel welcome and special. From the moment we walked in, you can tell that customer service was the top priority. Everything that I requested was politely taken care of. I highly recommend the hotel. Service was excellent! Also great breakfast buffet. Nice gym and pool on the to floor/roof.

Room Tip: If celebrating a special occasion make sure to let them know. They will take care of you. Also high...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Your comments about your stay with us made me smile. We are delighted that you chose the Renaissance Dallas to celebrate your anniversary and that we were able to make it so special for you. We look forward to being a part of future unforgettable moments!

Leetonia, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

I recently traveled to meet family in Dallas. I arrived earlier than the others. Check in went smooth, wine and cheese were sent to the room (brother is Elite member). Room was clean and presented well. We stayed on Club level. Nightly buffet was nice. Breakfast was good too. I usually only have fruit and yougart which were both available. Fruit was very fresh. The only thing is and I know this is with most Renaissance, I don't understand why club lounge is closed on weekends. Staff was very helpful when finding evening dining. Also staff was very friendly this was from the valet to housekeeping and front desk staff. A small issue with the washing machince which maintance handled promptly and gave us 4 free drinks that evening. A++. Would
definetly recommend this hotel. We were here 5 nights.

Room Tip: ask for city view, otherwise you look at the medical district and right now construction
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your kind comments about your recent stay with us. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that our entire staff was so helpful!

I hope to see you return soon for another great Renaissance experience!

Take Care,

Makr Woelffer
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Arrived after a bit of a detour around central Dallas (google directions owes us!) to the valet parking. I'm not a big fan of valet-only hotels as it seems like an unnecessary extra cost. The hotel is in a quiet area of Dallas with plenty of space around it for car parking. I'm sure there are other reasons besides making an extra $22 off customers, but they weren't obvious to me. The valets were pleasant and efficient, of course.

The check in staff were excellent and we were impressed with the lobby. The lifts were quick and we really liked our room. The bathroom was a little on the small side, but we would have no other complaints. We had a nice view of downtown as well.

The hotel is fairly handy for central Dallas and seems to be pretty handy for the airports as well, although we didn't fly in or out. It is a bit isolated, so you may want to sort out your evening meal before you return to the hotel unless you are happy with ordering in or room service.

Tip: Campisis pizza was EXCELLENT.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Just wanted to thank you for your recent stay here at the Renaissance Dallas hotel. So glad you experienced our authentic Renaissance hospitality! Thank you for your feedback on our parking. Please know that we are looking at creating a package that will include parking and this package will be available by the end of this week!

Your satisfaction is very important to us and we look forward to welcoming you again to the Dallas Renaissance,

Mark Woelffer

Been to Renaissance Dallas Hotel? Share your experiences!