“Excellent stay for anniversary weekend!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Renaissance Dallas Hotel

Save Saved
You added Renaissance Dallas Hotel to your Saves list
Renaissance Dallas Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2222 Stemmons Freeway, Dallas, TX 75207 (Northwest Dallas-love Field)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #28 of 188 Hotels in Dallas
Dallas, TX
“Excellent stay for anniversary weekend!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

This is a hotel that truly goes the extra mile to make their guests feel welcome and special. From the moment we walked in, you can tell that customer service was the top priority. Everything that I requested was politely taken care of. I highly recommend the hotel. Service was excellent! Also great breakfast buffet. Nice gym and pool on the to floor/roof.

Room Tip: If celebrating a special occasion make sure to let them know. They will take care of you. Also high...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Renaissance D, General Manager at Renaissance Dallas Hotel, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Your comments about your stay with us made me smile. We are delighted that you chose the Renaissance Dallas to celebrate your anniversary and that we were able to make it so special for you. We look forward to being a part of future unforgettable moments!

Mark Woelffer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
Leetonia, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

I recently traveled to meet family in Dallas. I arrived earlier than the others. Check in went smooth, wine and cheese were sent to the room (brother is Elite member). Room was clean and presented well. We stayed on Club level. Nightly buffet was nice. Breakfast was good too. I usually only have fruit and yougart which were both available. Fruit was very fresh. The only thing is and I know this is with most Renaissance, I don't understand why club lounge is closed on weekends. Staff was very helpful when finding evening dining. Also staff was very friendly this was from the valet to housekeeping and front desk staff. A small issue with the washing machince which maintance handled promptly and gave us 4 free drinks that evening. A++. Would
definetly recommend this hotel. We were here 5 nights.

Room Tip: ask for city view, otherwise you look at the medical district and right now construction
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your kind comments about your recent stay with us. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that our entire staff was so helpful!

I hope to see you return soon for another great Renaissance experience!

Take Care,

Makr Woelffer
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Arrived after a bit of a detour around central Dallas (google directions owes us!) to the valet parking. I'm not a big fan of valet-only hotels as it seems like an unnecessary extra cost. The hotel is in a quiet area of Dallas with plenty of space around it for car parking. I'm sure there are other reasons besides making an extra $22 off customers, but they weren't obvious to me. The valets were pleasant and efficient, of course.

The check in staff were excellent and we were impressed with the lobby. The lifts were quick and we really liked our room. The bathroom was a little on the small side, but we would have no other complaints. We had a nice view of downtown as well.

The hotel is fairly handy for central Dallas and seems to be pretty handy for the airports as well, although we didn't fly in or out. It is a bit isolated, so you may want to sort out your evening meal before you return to the hotel unless you are happy with ordering in or room service.

Tip: Campisis pizza was EXCELLENT.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Just wanted to thank you for your recent stay here at the Renaissance Dallas hotel. So glad you experienced our authentic Renaissance hospitality! Thank you for your feedback on our parking. Please know that we are looking at creating a package that will include parking and this package will be available by the end of this week!

Your satisfaction is very important to us and we look forward to welcoming you again to the Dallas Renaissance,

GlobalTraveler
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

Nice property but slightly below typical Renaissance standards. Much larger than most Renaissance properties (large enough for medium sized conferences) and does not have boutique feel but is overall very nice. I have three moderate gripes (1) valet-only parking. (2) concierge lounge has about the worst food I've had in a Marriott living (almost 700 lifetime nights). And (3) nothing nearby which makes the valet parking especially problematic.

Overall, a food property. To the upside, restaurant is pretty good and fairly reasonably priced (Mac and cheese ($7 small plate) is good, as is chicken fried steak $21).

• Stayed June 2013
Renaissance D, General Manager at Renaissance Dallas Hotel, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay. I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed our restaurant! Our mac and cheese and our chicken fried steak are two of my favorite items as well. I want to apologize for the issue you had with our food in our Club Lounge and assure you that I have taken action to ensure that this problem does not occur again.
I also wanted to apologize for not have a self parking option at the present time and assure you that we will have an option in the near future. Your review will help us make the necessary improvements in several areas and we hope next time that you are in the area you will consider staying with us once again.

Long Island, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

My girlfriend and I recently returned to New York from a one-night stay at the Renaissance Dallas Hotel. From the moment we arrived, it was evident that our stay was going to be a special one. The valet made us feel welcome as soon as we pulled up to the main entrance. We stayed in a beautiful one-bedroom suite with a gorgeous view of downtown Dallas. The hotel is renovated and the incredible staff made us feel at home. Our room was tastefully decorated and the bed was extremely comfortable. We enjoyed breakfast in Asador and were delighted to try some specialties of the house, including sweet potato pancakes (which I'm still craving), and chipotle eggs benedict.

The location was excellent (right off the freeway) and we will certainly stay here again on our next trip to the DFW area. I enthusiastically recommend this property! It certainly made us proud to be loyal to Marriott.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Renaissance D, General Manager at Renaissance Dallas Hotel, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Just wanted to thank you for your recent stay here at the Renaissance Dallas hotel! So glad you were able to experience our authentic Renaissance hospitality.

Your comments made me smile. We know that its the little things that can make your stay more comfortable.

Hope to see you soon,

San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I spent a week in Dallas recently on business and decided to stay here at the Renaissance. I was concerned that the hotel is under construction and there is a mandatory valet service that has been implemented. However, these concerns were immediately released because of the outstanding staff! Here are the details of my stay:

Check-In: Check-in was conducted by one of the manager's Matt. He was professional, courteous, and couldn't have been more accommodating. I later went down and asked for help with a restaurant selection, and Page was equally outstanding.

Valet: They have the greatest valet captain in Candace! The place was packed due to the 100% valet policy. However, each time I'd call down, Candace was there to have my car brought around and ready to depart. No matter what time of day or how busy they were, she was incredible. Great job here!

Room: The room I had was great... High floor, spacious work-desk area, and really nicely finished. I don't know about you, but lately I've had difficulties with the maid service not getting the room clean/re-stocking appropriately. Fortunately, the Renaissance staff was great!

Exercise Room: Typically the exercise rooms are cramped and sparsely populated with decade old equipment. NOT here! They had the latest equipment, and the pool/hot tub were great (If not a little dirty from the planter boxes located on the roof - Not certain what the gardener was thinking here!) My only complaint was that the locker rooms were old... Really old and in need of a make-over! The showers in the locker rooms didn't run hot water either on one of my attempts.

Restaurant: I had a couple breakfast meetings in the restaurant. The staff was great, and the Saturday morning buffet was fantastic! If that was the good part, here's the bad... When I arrived I was starving, so ordered a late lunch around 3:00pm. The place was nearly empty so you would think service would be better... Not so! The server seemed disinterested in being there, and the chicken sandwich I got had the smallest amount of chicken ever (I thought everything was BIGGER in Texas, apparently not the chickens!)

Concierge Lounge: The lounge was your typical breakfast fare, but what made the place special was the hostess. Each morning she would greet the guests with a big smile and upon departure wish each a happy day. This is the kind of service that each of us should have when we're heading out of the hotel each day on business. I had two issues though: (1) The lounge should have weekend hours for those business travelers staying over the weekend. It's not like the price drops significantly? (2) I had to ask for Sugar in the Raw! I know it's no big deal, but why they wouldn't put this out because "people steal them" is interesting, but come on!

In closing, overall a very good stay and I'd recommend staying here again (especially after the construction is complete!)

Room Tip: Ask for a downtown view and high floor... Really pretty view of the city!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Renaissance D, General Manager at Renaissance Dallas Hotel, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel! We pride ourselves on our service to our guests and I am pleased that you experienced this great service!

I apologize for the issues you experienced in our restaurant and assure you that I have addressed this issue with the department manager. It's feedback such as yours that help us continually improve our product and service.

We hope to see you again soon when travels bring you our way,

Roanoke, Virginia, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

I am not a Marriott fan and this property reminds me why. The property is old, made over and not a pleasant place. The location is in the middle of a construction zone which is visually unappealing. My room is tiny. The gym is worse than tiny. This is a 30 story building with who knows how many rooms and there are only 3 treadmills? Really? There are as many treadmills in the average Courtyard or Hampton Inn. Despite a stiff rate of $249 internet is 12.95 extra because I don't have Marriott status. Needless to say I wont be pursuing Marriott status any time soon and am glad my first business trip to Dallas only required a one night stay in this place. Good riddance.
I have Diamond status at another chain and Marriott missed an opportunity to win me over. Dear Renaissance DFW, read the book "The New Gold Standard" if you want to try to play in the big leagues.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay. I am so sorry that you do not have a good experience with us. We strive for 100% guest satisfaction and we failed you on that. I will use your feedback to make improvements to our hotel and its services.

If you would like to discuss this matter in greater detail, please phone me directly at 214-267-4888.

We would love to win you over and prove that we can make your stay an enjoyable one!

Makr Woelffer

Been to Renaissance Dallas Hotel? Share your experiences!