“Good Value” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Renaissance Dallas Hotel

Save Saved
You added Renaissance Dallas Hotel to your Saves list
Renaissance Dallas Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2222 Stemmons Freeway, Dallas, TX 75207 (Northwest Dallas-love Field)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #21 of 187 hotels in Dallas
“Good Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

We went over Columbus weekend to visit the State Fair. The hotel isn't in a great part of the town however the hotel itself is very nice. The room was clean and comfortable. We bought the option for breakfast when we reserved the room and I highly recommend you do the same, you will save about 50% by purchasing it when you reserve the room. When we arrived the parking lot was full so i dropped my girlfriend off at the door, the Valet asked if I wanted him to park the car but I told him I'd park in the back parking lot. He told me that I should try to park up front because I had a nice car and if I couldn't find a spot he'd let me park in the valet lot for free (Kudos to him for his honesty and customer service) I was able to find a great parking spot but tipped him anyways.

Room Tip: Higher up is better and as always stay away from the elevators. The gym and pool are on one of the...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

468 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
Boston, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Very neat hotel. Lobby is impeccably designed - this is what a renaissance hotel is all about.

I had dinner at the restaurant twice and was quite impressed. While I was there they had some sort of dance competition so the hallways and rooms were somewhat loud. I wish they would separated those groups from "normal" travelers.

Location is convenient and on-site parking worked out well. Great place for business travelers because everyone knows the hotel from a description.

Would definitely stay again, wishing I had different view other than the lot, but great hotel overall!

Room Tip: Get a high room for a neat view of the city.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Renaissance D, General Manager at Renaissance Dallas Hotel, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Thank you for your review. We are a famous Dallas landmark and have always been described as the "pink lipstick building" when people want to know the location of our hotel. We are delighted you enjoyed our lobby- it was renovated recently and we have received many compliments on it.

If we have a group in the hotel (like the dance group you referred to), we always try to keep them separated on one particular floor. Sometimes that isn't possible but our security team works very hard to keep our hallways quiet so that our guests can enjoy a restful night's sleep!

Again thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you in the future!

New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

Someone else in my party had already booked this property so I went along with it. Given the relatively low rate, my expectations were similarly relatively low. But I was blown away. Beautiful property, well maintained, nice rooms, free gym, free self parking, impressive restaurant, convenient location, friendly staff. Crazy good value. Only downside is you better have a car as there is nothing really in walking distance. But that is most of Dallas. However, I had to return my rental car to DFW and managed to make it back to the property for only $2.50 by taking the TRE rail from the airport. The stop is walking distance from the hotel, up near the children's hospital.

Room Tip: Property is next to the freeway, so the higher the better with respect to road noise.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel! In addition, thank your for the tip on riding the DART light rail which does stop very close to our hotel. We hope that when travels brung you back to Dallas, you will stay with us once again. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

Stayed on business for an event at Market Hall! Perfect for anyone with an event, just walk across the street! The hotel itself was wonderful, lots of style, extremely friendly staff & very helpful! The rest was great from fantastic breakfast, good dinner and fun bar atmosphere in the eve with live music in the lobby! A great meeting place for an afterwork drink to recap everything throughout the day and also meet more people! A few nice private rooms available as well. Wonderful young lady worked as hostess for our entire trip and she was fantastic & very professional...I believe her name was Molly? In any case she was great at handling our group as well as many others! My hotel room, Fantastic! 1 queen bed,corner room great view, nice large french door closet! I felt like i was in a studio apt. Large windows, Nice furniture, contemporary glass desk area, the bed was phenomenal! They even have brochures to sell their beds (they must be very popular), and I am very tempted to order one!! The bathroom had a large glass shower area and fantastic very large picture window! Great natural daylight and view! Taxi's available to take you anywhere as well.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

We stayed here 2 nights for the Dallas-Steelers game, Great Stay. The staff was very friendly and accomodating. With comfortable rooms to on site dining, the overall property was great. They have an amazing breakfast with plenty of hearty and healthy options. Would recommend this hotel...we will certainly go back.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Renaissance D, General Manager at Renaissance Dallas Hotel, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor. We have many sports fans that stay with us when they come into town. They love going to the game and being so close to downtown Dallas when they return to the hotel. This gives you so many options to have a great night on the town!

We are delighted you enjoyed our breakfast buffet and hope to see you at a future sports event in Dallas!

Take care,

Ada oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

Absolutely wonderful hotel, clean, nice rooms, super friendly and accommodating staff. One of the best views in dallas, I can't say enough good things. I would recommend this hotel any time. I will be back!!!

• Stayed December 2012
Renaissance D, General Manager at Renaissance Dallas Hotel, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Thank you for the nice compliments on our clean and spacious rooms!. Our Housekeeping staff was delighted to see your comments! We also agree that we have one of the best views in Dallas!

We hope to see you soon!

Take Care,

Makr Woelffer
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012 via mobile

I have been at the Renaissance for the past three nights for a conference, and everything about my stay has been perfect, from the room to the overall property to the staff. The on-site restaurant, Asador, serves delicious farm-to-table fare at reasonable prices (Try the pear salad with vanilla vinaigrette, and the rolls with chimichurri. So good!), and the service is always friendly and welcoming. The front desk staff has been extremely helpful as well, particularly Amanda, who set me up with a great room with a great city view (even from the bathroom!) and very patiently helped me navigate my way to some really cool sites downtown.

I will say the location might not be ideal if you're looking to spend a lot of time in the city, but there are always taxis on standby. YMMV, I suppose, but to me it would be worth it to be surrounded by the extremely friendly and accommodating staff. I'd come back here in a heartbeat.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you posting your wonderful review of our hotel and restaurant! Both the pear salad and the chimichurri rolls are two of my favorite itmes on the menu as well. Next time you are here, try the Asador burger. It is my go-to burger and one of my other favorite things on our menu, too.

Also, many thanks for recognizing Amanda and the great service she gave you! We have a great staff and they truly want our guests to have a memorable time when they are visiting our hotel.

We look forward to seeing you again,

Mark Woelffer

Been to Renaissance Dallas Hotel? Share your experiences!