“Good Value Cheap Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Knights Inn Market Center

Save Saved
You added Knights Inn Market Center to your Saves list
Knights Inn Market Center
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1550 Empire Central, Dallas, TX 75235 (Formerly Red Roof)   |
Ranked #97 of 188 Hotels in Dallas
Adelaide, Australia
“Good Value Cheap Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I was satisfied with this hotel for the budget price. My room was small and a bit dingy, with no bar fridge, and it had quite a bad smell. However it was clean and made up well every day. To get to the Convention Centre (down town) on public transport I had to catch a bus to the train station and then a train connection, which made for a 40 minute trip, which wasn't very convenient. But the bus stop was right outside the hotel. "Breakfast" consisted of a choice of coffee or "juice". The staff were friendly and helpful, and for about $45 a night I could put up with the shortcomings.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

For the money, really, it's hard to beat. I stay in this area frequently and while this isn't my first choice, I will stay there again. New carpet and clean. Let's face it, when you are asleep, all hotels look alike, and if all you need is a place to lay your head for an evening it fits the bill.

Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
KnightsinnMarket, Manager at Knights Inn Market Center, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Hello Mike, thank you for sharing with us your experience. Our hotel is there to serve individuals who want to save money but not sacrifice on cleanliness. Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to having you at our hotel again.
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This motel served my purposes exactly as I expected them to. It was both cheap and had a bed and a bathroom. There is no refrigerator in the room, so you can't keep food. There is free Wi-fi with a password. They offer coffee in the morning. It is strategically placed close to UT Southwestern. It is moderately cleanly.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for providing your feedback Josh. I am pleased to know that we were able to satisfy your needs. Your feedback gives our staff even more inspiration to continue to excel at providing the best service possible whether it be through the relentless effort to improve our guest rooms, or customer service in general. Though we do not have refrigerator and microwave in all our rooms, we do have them in some which you can request on your next stay. Again, thank you for giving us your feedback.
Kennesaw, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Very good value. The rooms have all been completely re-done and are very comfortable. I was disappointed that the room I had reserved on the hotel's parent company (Wyndom) web site was not available when I checked in. I reserved a King No smoking and had to stay in a room with two full beds.

Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

This is an older motel, but it is well maintained. The desk had ample space for spreading out papers and the bed was comfortable and appeared to be new. It is a no-frills operation (no extra pillows, fridge, pool, or breakfast) and the management is not as friendly as they could be, but they provide an excellent handout that explains the free wifi, heating and AC, TV, etc, with a map showing the nearby restaurants on the reverse side. I wish more hotels communicated such information this efficiently. The price was excellent, particularly for this area of Dallas.

Room Tip: No elevator, which may influence some travelers to choose a lower level room.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
KnightsinnMarket, Manager at Knights Inn Market Center, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Thank you WiseTraveler, for sharing your experience with us. It really makes us happy when our guests tell us about what they liked and what improvements they would like for us to make. Though we do not have microwave and fridge in all our rooms, we do have in some which you can request on your next stay. We strive to give great service and value to all our guests, I apologize that you were disappointed about the management friendliness, I assure you we will keep making improvements. Thank you again for staying with us and for giving us your valuable input.
Monahans, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

My family and I have stayed here several times before, this Hotel is very convenient for us as it is close to the Doctor we need. We have always been very pleased with our stay. After traveling for several hours, it is nice to come to a clean hotel with comfortable beds. Definitely staying on our next trip to the Doctor. There isn't a swimming pool (not that we needed one) nor a restaurant in this hotel, but there are several restaurants near by that are easy to get to.

Room Tip: The rooms have changed since our last stay, they look much nicer. I loved them!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
KnightsinnMarket, Front Office Manager at Knights Inn Market Center, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Thank you for providing your feedback Bri. I am pleased to know that your every visit is very fulling with us. Your feedback gives our staff even more inspiration to continue to excel at providing the best service possible whether it be through the relentless effort to improve our guest rooms, or customer service in general. Swimming pool and restaurant were your two concerns that caused a little bit of dissatisfaction with us, however, i must tell you that as we continue to expand as a hotel, we will take these two things into consideration in the future. We look forward to having you again at our hotel!
Langley
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

This hotel was surprisingly very good. I was clean, quiet and very decently priced. The bed seemed fairly new and was very comfy. The had been room appeared to have been renovated recently:) I would definitely go back to this place if I was ever back in the Dallas area.

Room Tip: Go for the king size bed!!!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Hello Curtis, Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay as it helps us understand what we strive at and what we must improve on going forward. I am delighted that you noticed our remodeled rooms with new comfy mattresses. I will pass on your generous compliments to the rest of my staff as they work hard everyday to satisfy our guest with all their needs. Again, i am very thankful you reviewed us and be assured that we strive to provide the most affordable option in our area with quality also in our mind.

Been to Knights Inn Market Center? Share your experiences!