“Holiday Inn Park Cities” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Dallas Central - Park Cities

You added Holiday Inn Dallas Central - Park Cities to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Dallas Central - Park Cities
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6070 North Central Expressway, Dallas, TX 75206 (Formerly Radisson Hotel Central Dallas)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Weekend Savings!
Ranked #66 of 190 Hotels in Dallas
Sumner, Washington, United States
“Holiday Inn Park Cities”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Nice hotel. Very comfortable beds and located near shopping and restaurants, as well as the DART train at Mockingbird Station. Starbucks located within walking distance. Nice bar and restaurant on site. Indoor pool which is disappointing in such a warm climate, never even used it. Staff is friendly, but very slow in response. Requested extra towels one evening that never arrived, and other friends who were promised refrigerators never got them, while others who had just checked in had them. All in all a great stay though, would recommend this hotel and stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Kevin G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Dallas Central - Park Cities, responded to this review, August 25, 2013
thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent staff ... I have met with my team and we have sense implemented a call back program that allows us to call back 15 minutes to ensure the guest receive what they asked for. I truly appreciate your business.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Overland Park, KS
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

We went to Dallas to go to the George W. Bush Library and selected this hotel because it appeared to be closest to the library. The hotel is within walking distance - a very easy walk. The hotel seems to be in need of some updating. It was clean, but the plumbing needed help - the shower never did completely turn off and the sink didn't drain properly. The room was either too warm or too cold and the air conditioner fan blew directly on whoever slept closest to the window. We ate the weekend brunch in the restaurant on site and it was very good. The staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Dallas Central - Park Cities, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear Sue C,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am delighted to hear that you liked our hotel location and staff as well as the restaurant services. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. Please accept our sincere apologies about the condition of the room you received. Your feedback is very important to us as this assists us in continually improving the services and facilities we offer to our guests.

Lera P
Case Manager
IHGCare
texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Been awhile since I stayed at a Holiday Inn...Gone is the tired image and standard accomodations! This hotel is beautiful and has top of the line beds with TWO sets of pillows on each, firm and soft. Rooms remodeled to like new conditions and high end finishes...hallways too. Had great service at front desk. The only thing I would mark down was the restaurant. Appeared to be only one person waiting on tables in the bar AND the restaurant. Took forever to get seated and ordered and there was NO OTHER PATRON in the restaurant. We were literally yelling into the kitchen to see if anyone could help us. Food was so-so. Salads overdrenched with dressing. So work on the food thingy a bit and you will have five stars from me! Easy access off the 75, right across the street from SMU (in case that is your destination). Food options in the hood seemed limited but if you have a car you are good to go. We were working at Dallas Market Center, the drive during rush hour was a bit much during week, recommend taking Lovers Lane or surface roads. Weekend was a breeze to get around.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay ! We have definitely addressed the food inconsistencies as well as the staffing in the food and bar. We hope to have you back for a return visit where you should see nice new menus by mid September.
ROD70
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

My Family and I (We had three rooms for three nights) were attending my youngest son's former college room mates wedding. I struck up a conversation with the house keeping manager on the second day of our stay. My oldest son, his wife, and his two sons were going to a Rangers game while the balance of the family was going to the wedding. The Manager said that he has numerous contacts on the Rangers and that he could get an autographed ball for my grandson. He did and gave it to my grandson at our last breakfast. I understand he cannot do that for everybody but what a delightful and thoughtful personal touch. He truly blessed our stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
I'm so glad that Scott the housekeeping manager made this all happen ! He definitely is an asset to our hotel team.
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

First of all, they should have 2 people who should register guests when they arrive - in our case, there was only one and we had to wait for a bit. The other gentleman was just standing there, pointing to Reception that she will register us - can't you do it?

The room was nice, and clean - but NO FRIDGE or SAFE?!?
Isn't that supposed to be a requisite now for hotels? So where are you keeping your personal stuff and valuables when you are away? How the fridge, where you can put your water, leftovers, and other what-not in the room?

Housekeeping just knocked once, and tried to open the door, not even waiting for a bit and see if someone is still in the room... Even though we forgot to put the 'don't disturb' sign outside, they should at least wait for a full minute and see that no one is inside the room...

My teenager was happy that they got free wifi too; thanks for that. TV shows are showing most of the channels locally. And get a room away from the highway, it gets noisy even when the windows and blinds are closed.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the rear, not in front of the highway.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Dallas Central - Park Cities, responded to this review, July 6, 2013
Dear SimonOnvacation,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. We appreciate that you took the time to review our hotel. We are glad you enjoyed the free WiFi. I am sorry our hotel was not able to exceed your expectations. Though we would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, we would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts and we hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Carefree, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

We stopped here while on a motorcycle trip. I parked my bike away from the front door and checked in. I asked the desk clerk if I could park my bike under the portico, as I do at other chains across the country. (Hampton, la Quinta, and most others.). The manager on duty, Kevin Moffett, rudely told me I could not. When I told him I had asked the clerk who took my reservation the day before about the bike parking, he told me all HI reservations are made through their central reservation center. This was a blatant lie, since I had called the HI directly and made my reservation through the front desk. He then intimated that if I did park my bike under the portico, he would have the Dallas police tow the bike away.

It is too bad that a nice facility has an individual like Mr.Moffett in charge. Everything else about the hotel was great. The room was spotless, the bar service excellent, the breakfast above average, and the front desk personnel courteous.

I might add that several employees of the facility seemed embarrassed by Mr Moffett's behavior towards me and my wife.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Gerard s, General Manager at Holiday Inn Dallas Central - Park Cities, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Dear Mr. Gary B.,

I apologize for the rude behavior you received from Kevin and for the confusion from the staff about being able to park your motor cycle under the portico, we actually do not allow for vehicles to park in this area unless it is for loading and unload vehicles (which is posted) mostly due to this being a small area and a fire zone in cases of emergencies.

I have spoken to Kevin and the Front Desk staff to ensure we are communicating this information correctly to all of our guest.

Thank you for the nice comments about our newly renovated property and excellent and courteous service you received and for choosing our Holiday Inn for your stay. I will be sure to share this with the departments you mentioned.

Please do not hesitate to call me if I may be of further assistance or if your travels bring you back to the Dallas area. I hope you enjoyed the rest of your motorcycle trip.

Warm Regards,

Gerard Szczepanski
214 750 6060
Boise, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

I am not the type of person who will have multiple favorites for something and hotels are no exceptions. I stay in a hotel every night for business and this is the BEST hotel I have stayed in yet! The rooms are spacious and modern. The staff was SUPER friendly and helpful. Their workout room was fantastic, best of all was probably the location, RIGHT across the street the Bush's Presidential Center which was a five minute walk and a great experience and close to shops, great dining and movie theater. SO GREAT!

Take me word and stay here, you won't regret it! Cant wait to come back!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Kelley T, Manager at Holiday Inn Dallas Central - Park Cities, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear Tyler P.,

Thank you for the kind words about the hotel. We are proud of our central Dallas location, and are happy to be able to provide our guests access to the best entertainment, shopping and dining Dallas has to offer.

I am pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your stay, and I will pass your compliments on to the staff and managers. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Dallas - Park Cities on your next trip to Dallas.

Kelley T.
Sales Manager

Been to Holiday Inn Dallas Central - Park Cities? Share your experiences!