“Bad Neighborhood” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn Dallas

You added Quality Inn Dallas to your Saves list
Quality Inn Dallas
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   8303 East R.L. Thornton Freeway, Dallas, TX 75228-7105 (Formerly La Quinta Inn Dallas East (I-30))   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #110 of 189 Hotels in Dallas
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
“Bad Neighborhood”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

My 17 yr. old walked to the corner convience mart, and while she was there, they were held up. The area is working class, and not somewhere I wish to take my family again. The A/C was frozen up upon our arrivial, and we were moved to another room. The second room has some sort of sticky residue on the bathroom tile. I would not reccomend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Puerto Rico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

I don't have anything necessarily bad to say about this hotel. Nor do I really have anything good to say about it either. For the price I paid, I got what I expected. I had minimal contact with the staff but never had a problem with them. My room was acceptable even with a few stains in the carpet and a couple of holes in the sheets. The AC was freezing cold, which is a good thing during a Texas summer. The cleaning staff did a good job. My room had a refrigerator and microwave. They were both sufficient but seemed to have been added to the room as an afterthought. The microwave was smaller than I'm used to getting in a hotel room. I did notice security walking around and they seemed friendly. The hotel is about six miles from downtown Dallas and I believe the closest light rail station is about three to four miles away. I stayed for the low priced proximity to downtown.

The photos of their rooms that I see on TripAdvisor are obviously staged but still a good representation of what they look like. However, the pool, breakfast area, and reception areas are made to look bigger (and nicer) than they really are in my own opinion. You may also notice missing photos of the outside of building besides the main office. This could be because, unlike other LaQuintas at which I've stayed, this one is set up and looks like a motel. Also be aware of this hotel being right off of the highway. I could hear highway noises throughout the night in room 203.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Austin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

As the title indicates, this is the worst La Quinta I have ever stayed in.

First impressions are huge, and this place failed immediately. I walked into the lobby, and there were two people at the check-in desk. One person was helping another couple, the other was counting down her drawer. There were a couple people ahead of me in line. Upon seeing a lobby full of guests waiting to check in, does she pause her daily duty to help work through the line? No. She just keeps on counting her drawer.
At one point, the woman actually helping guests leaves to go check on a room. Other woman just keeps on counting her drawer, meaning that the lobby full of guests just stood there, with no one being helped. Finally, she finishes counting her drawer and I think "Okay, she's ready to start helping now." Wrong. She clocks out and goes home. This is a service industry job. It doesn't matter what time your shift ends. If it's busy, you stay.

On to the room. Awful. We walk in, and only one of the beds has pillows. We tell housekeeping, who informs us she will have us pillows in ten minutes. We hang around for a half hour, and nothing. We go out, come home 8 hours later ready to sleep, and still no pillows.

Our non-smoking room reeked of cigarette smoke. The paint was cracked and the moldings were starting to come away from the walls. The shower looked like something out of a horror movie. The bathroom door, upon closing all the way, required a Juggernaut worthy effort to open. My petite wife got stuck in there and I had to wrench the door open for her.

We went to get ice from the ice machine to fill a small personal cooler, and found that it was a mosquito breeding pool. Deciding I didn't need malaria with my beverages, we opted to just buy ice from the corner store adjacent to the property.

A few positive things to mention:

The woman who actually felt like doing her job that day was polite.
There's a Denny's on the property (though I give it no points for that since that's extremely common for a La Quinta) as well as a gas station with good selection of snacks and drinks.
It's conveniently located to the Starplex. If you're not attending an event there though, the location isn't desirable.
It's cheap.

None of that outweighs the bad, and I will not be staying here again. Next time, I will just sack up and pay for a hotel downtown.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
East Liverpool, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

Easy to find right off of exit. The lady who checked us in was very nice and pleasant, said if we need anything call the front desk. Even though the room was a little date it was very nice and clean. The air conditioning worked great. Was worried that the noise from the freeway would be loud but with the air conditioning on didn't notice it at all. Breakfast was good plenty of food out not picked over. Would stay there again!

Room Tip: ask for first floor you can park right outside your door.