“Average stay” 3 of 5 stars
Review of La Quinta Inn Dallas Uptown

You added La Quinta Inn Dallas Uptown to your Saves list
La Quinta Inn Dallas Uptown
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4440 N. Central Expressway, Dallas, TX 75206-6525 (East Dallas)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #90 of 192 Hotels in Dallas
North Texas
“Average stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2007

My wife and I chose this motel for its location, which is great. Lots of great restuarants and shops around the area. This is an older property where the door to the room is adjacent to the parking lot. We were a little disappointed when we entered the non-smoking room. It smelled as if it had been a "smoking" room at some point in the not-so-distance past. The carpet also looked a little worn. Other than that, the room was clean and the bed was pretty comfortable. The free Wi-Fi was nice too. A free continental breakfast was offered and it was pretty standard. They did offer fresh fruit which was a nice touch. The staff was great and very attentive.

• Liked — Location, free Wi-Fi
  • Disliked — Odor of the room
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Dallas, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2007

I stay at this property at least 30 days each year (2 to 3 nights each month) and have found it to be an excellent property in the price range. The staff is fantastic and the rooms are clean and well prepared. The neighborhood is safe and I love the proximity to places like Chuy's and The Old Monk. Great restaurants and bars are within walking distance (No DUI's!) and a cab will be at your door within five minutes of a call. Distance to downtown and the AA Center is 10 minutes and to Northpark Mall about eight minutes the other direction. Stay in a room facing the rear if traffic noise bothers you (it doesn't me so I always stay in a pool room on the second floor). This property is super close to SMU and the Gerald Ford Stadium. Try a Last Minute Deal on the La Quinta website and this property can be booked at a weekend rate of $59!!!

• Liked — Location!!!!
  • Disliked — Hard to book. It has gotten so popular!
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled solo
ABQ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2007

The location was awesome for our purposes. Pretty close to Love Field and with in walking distance to everything we needed. We walked to Chuy's for dinner (best restaurant in Texas) and then down a beautiful bike path before going to a concert at the Granada Theater, which was also a nice walk.

The staff was extremely helpful and booked the friendliest cab driver for our extremely early morning trip to the airport.

Our room was very clean and comfortable.

The only problem we had was the Wi-Fi didn't want to acknowledge my computer's existence.

• Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
San Francisco, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2007

Stayed at the La Quinta Dallas CityPlace for 1 night in January. The lobby was inviting, spacious, and clean. Check in was quick and easy, no hassles. I got to stay free with my Returns points, which is always an added bonus. The woman on duty gave me a nice room on the main floor facing the front of the hotel per my request. My room was very large and super clean. The bathroom was also very big and very clean. There's tons of free parking. Breakfast was good and served in a large area with plenty of seating. It wasn't busy and I could sit, relax, and watch the TV. There are several restaurants within walking distance, including Dennys next door. It was only a few blocks to McKinney street and a short drive to downtown, including Reunion Tower. All staff were so friendly and helpful, going out of their way to give me directions or help. The woman who checked me in gave me plenty of maps and brochures and even stepped outside to show me different landmarks and specific directions. The woman who checked me out also went out of her way being friendly and helpful with directions. I only had a few complaints. The hotel is a bit difficult to find off of the freeway (I found all of Texas a bit difficult at first because it is all freeways and one way streets). But once you know your exit, it's not too bad. Second, the window opened but had no screen and didn't lock when open. So you really couldn't ever leave your window open because anyone walking by could open the window all the way and climb in the room. Strange!! There's no Internet station which is difficult for me because I don't bring a laptop. I'm not entirely sure how safe this neighborhood is because there were tons of signs suggesting you lock your vehicle, and I saw police all over sitting in their car, driving around, walking around, basically on watch. I'm not sure what this meant. But I always felt safe. Lastly, if your room faces the front of the hotel you are basically ON the highway and it's noisy. I don't mind this, but if you want it quiet just ask for a room facing the back. Please email me if you have any questions, JenPerna@aol.com. Thanks for reading!!

• Liked — Convenient to downtown, very clean.
  • Disliked — No Internet station, no screen on window.
  • Tips/Secrets — Ask for a room facing the back if you want it quieter.
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Colorado Springs, CO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2006

For the price and location, you can't beat it. I took the advice of staying upstairs and a room in back section (away from traffic). Could hardly hear the traffic (though the room heater was a bit loud when it would cycle on-turned it off for the 2nd night).

Security guard was patrolling the parking lot. Fast check-in and check-out. Kind staff, good with driving directions.
Room was very clean.
Breakfast was fine - continental, good variety, remember this isn't a bed and breakfast. (you can always go to Denny's next door)

Great location to downtown. I would stay there again if I'm on a budget.

• Stayed March 2006
Derby, Kansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2005

We were in town for the Rolling Stones concert and just needed a hotel for the night of the concert that was convient to the American Airlines Center. It was definitely convenient to the arena; 10 minute drive during rush hour. But the traffic noise from the North Central Expressway in our room was horrendous!

Also, the continetal breakfast was sub-par in our opinion with packaged danish, bagels, and muffins like you would get out of a vending machine.

On the positive side; this LaQuinta is an older property but it appears to have been taken pretty good care of. The staff was friendly and courteous and the parking lot was patrolled by a security guard or police officer on foot late at night.

• Stayed November 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2005

My husband & I stayed here 3 nights-our son was married at Elm Place. This hotel is the best! Not only was everything squeaky clean, working perfectly,(couldn't ask for a better staff) , but everything you need is so close-10 min. from Downtown. I visit Dallas often, and I will definately book this hotel...Thanks LaQuinta Sincerely, Frank&Allison Robinson

• Stayed October 2005

Been to La Quinta Inn Dallas Uptown? Share your experiences!