“Conference Stay” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Conference Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I was here for a conference and it was a nice hotel. The rooms were decorated nicely and bathroom was large. I was in the back section, not the main part of the hotel (cannot remember the name, Sky something). The room was quiet, I heard some light traffic noise, but nothing more than a typical downtown hotel. The food at the conference that the hotel provided was good, had a southwest flair.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
HyattRegencyDallas, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Dallas, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Hello,

Thank you for the kind words about the hotel. Your room was located in the skyline tower. I am so thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Please come back and visit us again soon.

Hyatt Regency Dallas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (322)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Boston, MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I had a conference at this site and I stayed in the newly renovated tower and the rooms were very well appointed and comfortable. Even thought there were two conferences going on at the same time, the hotel was not noisy. It is well located and easy walks or short taxi rides to a lot of restaurants.

Hi,

Thank you for sharing your experience. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay in one of our newly renovated guestrooms. We know the proximity to the Convention Center is a great benefit and we are so glad you took advantage of it.

We hope to see you again soon!

Ann Arbor, MI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I went to a conference here, and stayed for three nights. The rooms are clean and well appointed. The conference rooms are nice as well (not too much echo and small enough to hear everyone without being on top of one another). The staff is extremely helpful and friendly. The gym is clean and reasonably large. My only complaint (and this is a big one) is that the walls are SUPER thin. On two of the three nights, I was awakened by the sound of my next door neighbor coughing. Coughing! Maybe I am too picky, but I think this is something that one should not be able to hear from other rooms, especially in an upmarket hotel. If they could just get the rooms a bit more soundproofed, I would recommend this hotel without reservation.

Hi,

First and foremost, I'd like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing to stay with us and sharing your experience. Your feedback regarding the noise is appreciated and will not go unnoticed.

We hope to welcome you as a guest again soon.

St. Petersburg, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Hotel is very attractive after the remodel. On the evening of October 7, 2013, there was a huge group of people in the atrium and they partied 'til 1am. My room was on the 10th floor and I heard most of the party.

Room Tip: If hotel is booked with a large group and they have a party in the atrium, rooms in that vicinity wi...
Hi Michael,

Thanks for sharing your review of Hyatt Regency Dallas with the TripAdvisor community. I am pleased to hear that you found the newly renovated guest rooms to be very attractive. Guest satisfaction is a high priority to us. We hope to get the chance to show you a quieter location in the hotel.

Thanks again,

Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised. The lobby was large and pretty, I got free breakfast, the parking was so-so. The reviews I read earlier were nice and I thought I will give it a try. It was nice. The rooms are updated and nice. It was well worth the money. I just wish they had parking for the guests nearby. We had to cross the street to get to our city parking. The valet were very nice and the front desk people were professional. The room décor was elegantly simple. The second best Hyatt I stayed in, next to the one in San Antonio. I liked it.

Room Tip: I stayed on the higher floor. Nice view and light show from one of the buildings across. Just a ni...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
HyattRegencyDallas, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Dallas, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Hi,

Thanks for sharing your great review and room tip on our page. We appreciate your comments and are happy that you enjoyed the newly renovated guestrooms. They are designed to capture the identity of "new Dallas". I am so honored that our hotel is near the top of the list of your favorite Hyatt hotels.

Thanks again for your review and we hope to welcome you as a guest of our hotel again soon!

Millbrae, California, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

They upgraded their rooms recently and everything looks super nice on the surface, but the room was dirty (crumbs and the prior occupant's sock still on the floor!) and the internet service ($10/day) is the slowest you will ever see in a major hotel (my 4G phone was 5x faster) Fortunately they refunded the internet fee after I complained, but they need to upgrade it stat!

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Hello,

I appreciate your comment regarding your recent stay at our hotel and would like to thank you for taking the time to share them with the Trip Advisor community. I do apologize that your stay was anything less than perfect. It is absolutely unacceptable for the room to be dirty. I will be sharing this review with our Housekeeping management staff. I also understand your frustrations with the internet and am happy to inform you that we currently working to upgrade our internet. I sincerely hope that you will consider staying with us again!

Thanks again,

London, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

I came here for work. I had to be up at 4:30am on morning and 4am the next. No sleep due to partying and the hotel security did nothing. I hate this hotel. I asked for a quiet room and I get partyers. This place is horrible!!!!

• Stayed October 2013
Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review of our hotel. I'd like to express my deepest apologies for the inconvenience you encountered during your stay. Our staff is committed to providing a great guest experience and would be more than happy to find a quiet room that satisfies your every need. I hope we get the chance to have you back again!

Hyatt Regency Dallas

Been to Hyatt Regency Dallas? Share your experiences!