“A poor experience” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham Garden Dallas North

You added Wyndham Garden Dallas North to your Saves list
Wyndham Garden Dallas North
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2645 L.B.J. Freeway, Dallas, TX 75234 (Formerly Night Hotel North Dallas)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead, Save 25%
Ranked #113 of 190 Hotels in Dallas
Buenos Aires
“A poor experience”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

American Airlines cancelled our flight and gave us a voucher for this hotel with the indication that their shuttle will pick us up shortly at the corresponding gate. After waiting in the sultry heat of this city for half an hour, we called the hotel and they informed us that their van will arrive in 15-20 minutes. After further 20 minutes we called again and got the same answer. Finally after waiting for more than an hour the shuttle arrived, had place for only 5 persons (much more were waiting), luckily we got in. At the hotel we just could not believe our eyes: the decoration seemed that of a second rate brothel, it was Saturday Cabaret night and the music was just unbearably loud. Upon presenting our voucher (11 p.m.), we got our room. The general aspect was acceptable, the bed excellent, the bathroom well furnished, but the individual air conditioning terribly noisy, it restarted every 10 minutes and made sleeping difficult. We had a small late very mediocre dinner, with the music coming from the nearly located ballroom so loud that conversation was impossible. Next morning the breakfast was good and ample, although the voucher of American Airlines did not cover it fully (this is not the fault of the hotel). We reserved the 3 p.m. shuttle to the airport, were asked to be in the lobby 15 minutes earlier, which we did. After waiting in vain for 1/2 hour we were told that the driver did not appear to work and they have no replacement. Upon our insistence at last the desk manager came to the hotel and drove us to the airport at 3.30 p.m. For breakfast, bed quality and bathroom I would give 4 stars, for shuttle service -1 (if there was such a qualification), for the aspect and decoration maximum 1 star, so it averages to 2 stars with good will.

American Airlines cancelled our flight and gave us a voucher for this hotel with the indication that their shuttle will pick us up shortly at the corresponding gate. After waiting in the heat of thi city for half an hour, we called the hotel and they informed us that their van will arrive in 15-20 minutes. After further 20 minutes we called again and got the same answer. Finally after waiting for more than an hour the shuttle arrived, had place for only 5 persons (much more were waiting), luckily we got in. At the hotel we just could not believe our eyes: the decoration seemed that of a second rate brothel, it was Saturday Cabaret night and the music was just unbearably loud. Upon presenting our voucher (11 p.m.), we got our room. The general aspect was acceptable, the bed excellent, the bathroom well furnished, but the individual air conditioning terribly noisy, it restarted every 10 minutes and made sleeping difficult. We had a small late very mediocre dinner, with the music coming from the nearly located ballroom so loud that conversation was impossible. Next morning the berakfast was good and ample, although the voucher of American Airlines did not cover it fully (this is not the fault of the hotel). We reserved the 3 p.m. shuttle to the airport, were asked to be in the lobby 15 minutes earlier, which we did. After waiting in vain for 1/2 hour we were told that the driver did not appear to work and they have no replacement. Upon our insistence at last the desk manager came to the hotel and drove us to the airport at 3.30 p.m. For breakfast, bed quality and bathroom I would give 4 stars, for shuttle service -1 (if there was such a qualification), for the aspect and decoration maximum 1 star, so it averages to 2 stars with good will.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Pembroke Pines, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

Not recommended. The hotel decoration makes you feel you are at a fancy strip joint . Also you will not sleep well. If you want to relax and sleep well, do not stay at this hotel! Fridays and Saturdays they have sort of nightclub at the lobby and the music bass can be felt almost trough all the floors. We couldn't sleep at all.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Shreveport
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

Great staff quick check-in,pool was fun( already had toys for kids) ,Karen (waitress poolside) kept our glasses full which was Awesome!! We'll be back to celebrate my birthday,in their bangin' club 8. C-ya soon.:-) :-)

• Stayed June 2014
California Hot Springs, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

American Airlines put us up at this hotel, June 9th, 2014. Our plane was delayed (long story on that one), so around midnight we got a 15 passenger van to pick up 60 or70 of us. Hmmm guess the airlines did not explain to them it was a full flight (others were lucky enough to go to the other hotel) Well after waiting for over an hour for another van we arrived 20 minutes later to the hotel. Thought we had stepped into the Rat Pack hotel. Dark walls in the hallways, black trim. Old hotel, the ceilings were low in the hallways. The elevators were decorated in some 3-D circles black and silver no less. The room, well lets just say it was clean... sheets felt clean as well as the floor. I did the bear feet test and my feet did not get dirty so that was a positive. But the room décor, was dark, the bed had lights around the bed frame, I was surprised no mirrors on the ceiling. The head board and matching love seat was a sight to behold, a shiny faded gold tone with diamond studs in the indentations. The nice thing was the sealed comb, toothbrush, toothpaste since we were not able to have our luggage and for once I did not pack smart and have extra just incase. (learned my lesson! the one time I don't and I needed to!!) It was just weird, not a hotel I would ever stay at. Was not sure if they charged by the hour or not. it was so dark when we got there and when we left I could not tell you if it was a good neighborhood or not. lets just say there was a police officer down the street with light flashing when we arrived. Next time I am not sure if staying in the airport would not have been better. They were very nice at the front desk, offered a wakeup call and assured us that the busses would begin running at 6 to make sure we made our plane. They did leave at 6, this time with a 30 passenger bus. We all made it to the airport on time.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Fresno, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

Let me tell you a brief story about my for day stay at Night Hotel Dallas.

On June 9, I checked in very late.

On June 10, I ate at their restaurant, and charged it to my room.

On June 11, I received an alert from my bank about possible fraud. When I returned to the room, I found my room key was not working. The front desk people informed me that it was shut off because my credit card was declined. I informed them it was because of possible fraud on my account and I would fix it.

I also sent an email to the manager stating that shutting a customers room key off mid trip was a pretty bad policy for any reason and that if they have problems with fraud, they should take a deposit at the time of check in. His response was that my card was decline and continues to be decline. I expected at least some humility and requested the contact info for his supervisor. He never responded. Similarly the front desk also refused to give me that info.

On June 12, I contacted my bank to find that Night Hotel ran my card THIRTEEN TIMES between June 11 and 12 for amounts ranging from $14-$161. My card was not shut off, it was only decline to this hotel.

On the night of the 12, I requested that they print out a statement for my room. They refused to provide one, and instead checked me out of my room. I had to go back to the front desk to get my key card activated and received no apology for ignoring a request I made and instead locking me out of a room I had paid for. In addition, both staff members were antagonistic towards me.

On June 13, as I checked out, they told me my card was declined, I informed them they were doing something wrong. The same manager came out and walked the front desk person through some steps, & my card worked. He still refuse to apologized, told me that I had no pending transactions on my bank card, (I had 4, that totaled more them my stay and dinner,) nor did they run my card 13 times. I was in tears. The person at the front desk tried to defend the hotel and the manager told her to stop talking to me and just let me leave.

If someone from Wyndam would like to contact me. I have screen shots from my online banking, the emails from the manager and a letter from my bank stating that my card was decline for multiple erratic amounts in less then a 48 hour period and only to the HOTEL!

People need to be fired for the way I was treated. Three specific ones.

Room Tip: Never Stay Here
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Nashville, Arkansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

We stayed one night at this hotel on a quick trip to Dallas, never again! We had two kids with us, and this hotel is NOT appropriate for them. Plus, the staff was very rude! Stay away from this place is anyway possible!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Colorado Springs, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

I just spent the last 6 nights at the Night hotel and am finally on my way back home and decided to write a review. First off, I'm staying in a Holiday Inn Express tonight and for that I am thankful.

My review is probably a bit windy, but for those who want the 'bottom line' let me just say - if you don't have to be in this exact part of town for your stay - move on and find someplace else to stay. I unfortunately didn't have that luxury as I was there for work and this is where they put me up.

This is an interesting place and after 6 days I almost feel as though I could write a book. One quick saying immediately came to mind when I settled in at this hotel - something about 'putting lipstick on a pig'.

The lobby is semi-modern and the various front desk staff I encountered at the front desk during my stay seemed to have a bit of a 'Vegas' type snobbery to them. Not rude, but definitely not the hospitality I expected in Texas. I felt as though I was inconveniencing them upon check-in. I did have to contact them again during my stay regarding a co-worker who called me on my Cel and said their flight would be delayed and wanted me to call the front desk to let them know that and to make sure they got a room with a 'pool view'. When I told them the guest name and that they wouldn't be arriving until around midnight and wanted to make sure they wouldn't lose their room I was talked down to about how they don't give away peoples rooms until 2 a.m. When I asked if the same guest could have a pool view they told me that they don't give out information regarding guests that are staying there. OMFG I just told you the name of the person who was arriving late - I didn't ask what room they were staying in I asked to make sure they had a pool view (the guests last name wasn't Obama by the way).

Anywho - the night club is really loud, food in the restaurant is of mediocre quality, I found several bugs throughout the room (it is Texas and I was on the ground floor so I really wasn't surprised by this). BUT - Run a hotel OR run a club with blasting music. Please quit selling people on the notion of a good nights sleep and taking their money and then saying 'oh wait' we can make more money and charge people to come in and dance in our club with blaring music and then let them run around the hallways and scream, fight and vomit until 4 a.m.

The entire stay I was there the entrance near my room at the rear of the hotel was unlocked. I did notice several cars pull alongside of each other and I'm not sure if this was just saying howdy or maybe a drug transaction. I was never comfortable with my vehicle parked there - thank God for alarms.

Bathrooms were a bit moldy and definitely needed an exhaust (I've heard about the mold from several other guests that stayed there). It looks like they tried to update the rooms - but I would have preferred a quiet outdated room instead of this mess of a hotel I stayed in.

Finally (sorry for the ramble) - This hotel is just a mish-mash of things. You go here for quiet, yet they blast music. They apparently spent multi millions on a remodel, however the hallways, bathrooms and outside are a mess. They have money for a $200,000+ Rolls Royce that is parked out front (something to do with the Nightclub), however can't park a damn 'Bell' at the front desk to help their guests with bags.

If I was drunk and wanted to party all weekend and didn't care where I passed out - this would be the place to go. If you want a place to 'rest' that is clean and quiet - avoid 'The Night' at all costs. Maybe the hotel could sell a few disco lights, speakers, cabanas and a Rolls Royce and hire a bellhop and fix the bathrooms. I don't get it. :(

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel - that is the best room possible.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Been to Wyndham Garden Dallas North? Share your experiences!