“Ok, but a tad put off” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham Garden Dallas North

You added Wyndham Garden Dallas North to your Saves list
Wyndham Garden Dallas North
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2645 L.B.J. Freeway, Dallas, TX 75234 (Formerly Night Hotel North Dallas)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead, Save 25%
Ranked #113 of 190 Hotels in Dallas
San Antonio, Texas
“Ok, but a tad put off”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Last minute decision to go to Dallas and found a cheap room with them on Hotwire. Saw that it was 3 stars so I figured what the heck sounds good. After the long drive up there and running around all day, decided to go check in about 9pm and I just couldn't find the place. I think I drove by it like 10 times and I just couldn't find it on top of having to deal with the construction (which is not there fault) I was very annoyed. Would have been nice to have a better sign letting people know they were a hotel and not an office building. Got checked in and they notified me about the deposit (which didn't bother me) then went to my room and found that one of my two keys didn't work, no biggie. Got into the room and found that it had not been cleaned. Had to trek all the way back downstairs to get another room and luckily this one was clean. All in all it took me like 2hrs from the time I began looking for this hotel to actually settling into my room and I was supposed to be only 10-15 minutes away. Agree with other reviews, the lobby was nice but there were a lot of carpet stains and the surroundings kinda of left you with an icky feeling, the customer service was pretty good though. I hate to give this 2 stars but at the same time can't feel like I should give it 3 due to it being so hard to find and then getting a dirty room. Would I stay here again, maybe I'll give it another shot after the renovations are complete.

Room Tip: This tip isn't to help find a good room but to find the hotel itself. At the time I was there t...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

We stayed in the Night hotel over a weekend and really enjoyed ourselves. I've read the reviews about poor customer service but we did not experience any of that. Sydnee and Jennifer on the desk were dolls! They answered all of our questions and very patient with us (we had alot of questions :)) The restaurant staff was also very friendly and the kids LOVED the pool area. It is a little hard to get to the hotel due to the road constrution but that's not their fault. The rooms are older but very clean. We would stay at the Night hotel everytime I come to the area...

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Mesquite, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

This place was lovely. The staff was nice. We had a church conference. i enjoyed it so much, being in this hotel for this conferece. I coudn't have asked for a better place than this hotel enviroment. It was well roomed, very spacious. The living area downstairs was very relaxing. I enjoyed every moment of it. And also the sumit were we had the church conference.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

I enjoyed my stay the staff was great. I appreciated the hospitality of the hotel employees they were so friendly. I didnt have any issues with the staff. The cleaning crews were nice they all made sure that I was well taken care of

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Waco, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

Ok first the room are nice, but customer service is horrible. They will run you credit card for the $250.00 Desposit depending how you book your room. the lady at the front desk yell at the customers and told them she will put you out and keep your money. I have never been in a hotel like this before. no I did not stay there and do not advise no one else to. they will check you in and give you the key to your room. and if your credit card does not have what they want on it and I quote "what we feel you are liable for " they will put you out. ever one in the line was very upset with them and left.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Elizabeth e, Guest Relations Manager at Wyndham Garden Dallas North, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
My sincere apologies for any miscommunication by our Front Desk staff regarding our Hotel Deposit Policy. All reservations are required to have a valid I.D and credit card/Debit card in order to be checked into the hotel.

Again, thank you for taking the time to post your review.
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012 via mobile

I was in town for an audition recently. The hotel was booked and paid for in advance. Since I had a 5 hour drive I was exhausted by the time I got there to check in. Getting there was a hassle because of the construction (not their fault though) anyway, the inside of the hotel lobby was pretty nice but that's as far as I got because I was not allowed to check in because my card wouldn't run a $50 fee. Even though the fee is only suppose to be $25. I understand its policy blah blah. But does the policy state to run a card for more than what your actual fee is? I had cash and they wouldn't take it, Even though the room was paid for. They had some paper work they tried to FAX to my boyfriend so he could copy his card to them since they refused to do it over the phone or by email. But they couldn't get their FAX machine to work. So I was s.o.l.
I probably wouldn't have been SO mad since it was partially my fault, BUT never have I been so mistreated. The front desk staff were some of the rudest people I had ever met. And so unprofessional.

Then I fight broke out in the lobby with some lady and a kid who was throwing things at her. And the police came. And the staff disappeared!

Long story short.. I drove another 5 long hours back home.
Thanks a lot night hotel.

• Stayed July 2012
Wilmington, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

First of all, when you arrive, with pre paid reservations they suprise you with a $250 deposit charge on one of your credit cards. The manager lady said it was in case we smoked in the room. This is a ridiculous charge and while traveling this is a suprise charge, what if I didn't have the money on my card? The lady said we had 2 options, pay it or get out. She would have easily thrown us out on the street unless we paid. We travel a lot and have never experienced this charge nor the rudness. Here in town for the Mary Kay convention was supposed to be a fun experience but staying at this hotel was the horrible hello to Dallas we didn't want! Other people were in the lobby shocked at the extra charge also. One guy said he was charged $250, another person was charged $200 and we were ultimately charged $150. Sounds sketchy to me. The rooms stink, musty, old. Who knows what germs are stuck to this place. I will never stay here or another hotel with the word Night in it again.

Room Tip: Book at another hotel. make sure Hotwire blocks this hotel from your search or you will end up at th...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Elizabeth e, Guest Relations Manager at Wyndham Garden Dallas North, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your recent experience at Night Hotel North Dallas. We take all guest comments seriously and continuously make efforts to use any less than perfect reviews as training and coaching opportunities for our staff and management.

I would like to take this opportunity to address issues that were of great concern to you.

Been to Wyndham Garden Dallas North? Share your experiences!