“No Air and the Brown Out.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Dallas North / I-35 East At Walnut Hill

You added Hampton Inn Dallas North / I-35 East At Walnut Hill to your Saves list
Hampton Inn Dallas North / I-35 East At Walnut Hill
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   11069 Composite Drive, Dallas, TX 75229   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book early and Save!
Ranked #42 of 190 Hotels in Dallas
Abilene, United States
“No Air and the Brown Out.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

The Brown Out was very inconvenient for all . Don't want to experience that again. It is a long way down to the first floor from the fourth floor.. In the dark with just a flash light. There was no air. Because the AC wasn't working and the elevators weren't working either. So we went down the stairs for Breakfast. and Back up the stairs for our luggage. Back down the stairs for check out. But other than that it was really nice.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Ruth G, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Dallas North / I-35 East At Walnut Hill, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Thank you for taking time to review the Hampton Inn Dallas North Hotel. I do apologize for the power outage during your stay. These unforseen circumstances did affect the entire neighborhood due to a city transformer and will cause the elevators and AC to stop working. I do hope that the next time your travels bring you into Dallas you will consider the Hampton Inn Dallas North.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Lee's Summit, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

Every I stay at Hampton it seems to be the same. Competent employees, nice/clean hotel, and a good breakfast. Additionally, the price is fair. I'm just hoping that one day I'll get the Hampton excellent price.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your recent reveiw of the Hampton Inn Dallas North! I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and we were able to provide you with the Hampton Standards you have become accustomed to while traveling. Please let me know how often you come into the area so that we can discuss a special rate for your company as it is based on the volume of room nights per year. We would love to provide you with a special rate for your next visit!
Draper, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

Recommend for business travel. Friendly, Clean and Comfortable. Easy access to freeway. I found the staff to be very friendly and extremely helpful, they had great recommendations for dinner which is always a plus! The Hotel appears to be newly remodeled and is very clean. Amazingly enough the Hotel is very quiet, as it sits next to the freeway. Recommended.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Ruth G, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Dallas North / I-35 East At Walnut Hill, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Thank you for your wonderful comments about the Hampton Inn Dallas North! We appreciate your recommendation and that you enjoyed your stay. You are correct, we have recently remodeled the hotel and updated the lobby/breakfast area,guest rooms,work-out area and business center. I am glad our staff took good care of you and will pass along your comments to them. We look forward to your next visit to the Hampton Inn Dallas North Hotel!
United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

When I tried to check in there was no one at the front desk and I actually had to use the front desk phone to dial the front desk for someone to come out. i am not sure what he was doing in the back but he finally came out after about 5-8 minutes. the location is not very good as construction has lighting down. the parking lot is dark and doesn't appear very safe.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking time to review the Hampton Inn Dallas North. I do apologize that when you checked in, the Front Desk Agent was assisting another in-house guest at the time. I did notice that you checked in around 10pm and there should have been a sign placed at the desk to let you know that he would be right back. I will be sure to pass along your comments to our team members so that we may provide more efficient service in the future.
Santa Fe, NM
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Easy on, easy off I35 even with the current construction. Nice facility with really pleasant staff, but not the greatest neighborhood - lots of chain restaurants and proximity to the college is not a plus, unless you have business or family there. But the "happy hour" is great and you can often make a meal of it. Recommended.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review of the Hampton Inn Dallas North Hotel. You are correct, we do have easy on and off highway access, and are convenient to numerous restaurants on "restaurant row". The highway construction is expected to be complete in our immediate area within a month's time as they will be opening up a section of the new expressway by summer's end. Thank you for the recommendation and we look forward to your next visit!
Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

I always prefer Hampton because the beds are comfortable and the duvets are washed between guests. This Hampton did not have fresh baked cookies in the evening nor was the breakfast good. There were scrambled eggs but meat was mixed in and the oatmeal was cold. There is no hot tub and the pool is outdoor. I felt unsafe in the parking lot when I was approached by someone intoxicated for money. And, this is the first time there was no shower cap in the bathroom. I was told I would have to go to the front desk because they were not kept on the maid's cart. Thought that was strange. But the room was clean. There was a refrigerator and microwave. The bed was super comfortable and the hall was quiet.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to review the Hampton Inn Dallas North Hotel and providing your comments on the Hampton Cloud 9 Bedding, I am glad you found the rooms to be comfortable and quiet, we do hear that quite often. I do apologize about the breakfast items, we will get with our morning staff. I am also sorry that you did not receive any cookies, as we do provide cookies Monday - Thursday as per Hampton Standards, however not on weekends. Please let me know the next time you are headed to Dallas and I will make sure we hold some aside for you.
Sherman, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

I'm usually a Super 8 kind of person. They really spoiled me. I love their soap and shampoo and how nice everything was. I only stayed because my flight was cancelled because of bad weather. I just might switch because their price was not bad at all.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your wonderful comments about the Hampton Inn Dallas North! We are happy that we could "sway you" to the Hampton Brand. :) Yes, Hampton Inns have recently changed the brand of shampoo, soap, etc over to Neutrogena Products and our guests have really enjoyed the upgraded amenities. I hope the next time your travels bring you back through the Dallas area, it will be under different circumstances, other than a cancelled flight, and that we will have the opportunity to spoil you once again!

Been to Hampton Inn Dallas North / I-35 East At Walnut Hill? Share your experiences!