“Really friendly, helpful staff, but some issues with the room” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Weekend Savings!
Ranked #83 of 189 Hotels in Dallas
Woodbury, Minnesota, United States
“Really friendly, helpful staff, but some issues with the room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

The tub drained so slowly I showered in standing water. The bathroom in general could use a good scrubbing. The room was fine--I appreciated the large refrigerator and microwave. I had a complicated bill and the front desk staff--Kandy in particular--was helpful in figuring it all out. The bell captain was slow and hard to reach. The restaurant was more charming than expected, prices were reasonable, and waitstaff excellent, especially Angel. Location is great. I arrived 4 hours early and was let immediately into my room. The front desk staff was especially accomodating and friendly.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less traffic noise.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Deanna P, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Dallas Downtown, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear JWat227
Thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza and thank you for your time and great review. We always appreciate constructive feedback and will use it to better our hotel and guest's experiences. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again soon!
Thank you!
Deanna

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
Moscow, Russia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

This is the first time that I actually doubt the truthfulness of other Trip Advisor reviews. I honestly don't understand how anyone could recommend this hotel. It is rundown. smelly and not very clean. The staff is very nice, that's true, but everything else is pretty much awful. My room wasn't moldy but did have an odd smell reminiscent of cat urine. I couldn't open my window so was forced to use the air conditioning, which was so loud that every time it kicked on during the night I woke up. The furniture was old and worn, and my bathtub drained so slowly that by the time I finished a shower there were six inches of water standing in the tub. I was here for a conference and any colleagues who could find accommodation elsewhere checked out immediately. I really wonder if the the fabulous reviews by others are actually true, or if for some reason I (and my colleagues, at least twelve other people) had the only nasty rooms in this hotel.

I have stayed at other Crowne Plaza hotels before, so was expecting a decent place. I was disappointed. This place is gross. Don't stay here. Plus the neighborhood is seriously dodgy.

Room Tip: Find another hotel. That is my only advice to you regarding rooms at this Crowne Plaza.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Dallas Downtown, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Dear FrancesAmbler,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding our staff.

However, We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding cleanliness and the air conditioning. We will address these points. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

I was in Dallas for a wedding. When I arrived at the hotel my room was not ready since I was early. I told Donna I needed to get ready for a wedding and that was why I was trying to check in early. She was very sympethetic and showed me where the meeting rooms were in the Plaza area. She said if I needed to change use the restroom downstairs since the meeting rooms were not being used and I could have some privacy. It was very nice not to have to change in a stall since I am a good sized man. After I changed I took Donna my bag and she checked it in for me. Then she asked about the wedding. I told her it was a few miles away and she asked if I needed a cab. I told her I was just going to walk. She said "It is hot outside and I would hate for you to show up to the wedding hot and sweaty, please allow me to get our shuttle driver to take you". I agreed and she did. She was so nice and really went out of her way to make me feel like a valued customer. I will definitely be back to this hotel and I hope she is still working here when I return.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear M H
Thank you so much for your kind words and for taking the time to leave a review. I know Donna will be pleased to hear she made a great difference in your stay. I'm glad to hear your trip to Dallas was a success and we hope you'll come back to visit soon!
Gothenburg, Sweden
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Wow. Usually a big fan of the chain. Not this particular branch.

Gross, with mold smell wafting up from all floors.

I was there with 2 colleagues in 3 separate rooms. Corporate TA booked.

I personally rebooked elsewhere after first night. My 2 colleagues stayed for 3 days and had to throw away much of their clothing upon their return home.

Just awful. Usually such a reliable brand.

• Stayed January 2013
Dear Josh R
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I'm sorry to hear you left us early and that you were uncomfortable. I would like to speak with you directly if possible in order to hear more details of your stay. You may call me direct at the hotel main line. Thank you again for the feeback and we hope to use your review to improve our hotel.
Kind Regards,
phoenix
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Things are truly bigger and better in Texas!! My husband and I visited the Crown Plaza in Dallas and it was wonderful!! The front desk check in was friendly and very helpful. They knew all the best restaurants and we took them up on their recommendations. We will surely return in the near future and recomment this hotel to our friends and family

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Deanna P, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Dallas Downtown, responded to this review, March 17, 2013
Dear Candy D
Thank you for the kind words. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

I had an absolutely amazing time during my stay here fine the moment Jaclyn checked me in and was more then helpful going above and beyond her call of duty to make sure my stay was completely comfortable until I checked out couldn't have asked for a better view nicer accommodations or friendlier staff ill definitely be coming back!

• Stayed March 2013
Dear ecko13
Thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza Downtown and thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I know Jaclyn will be thrilled to hear she made your stay an enjoyable one!
Have a great day!
Rapid City, South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

I can't begin to tell you what a great hotel the Crowne Plaza in downtown Dallas was! The customer service was fantastic, helpful, and very knowledgeable! I have to give a special thanks to the ladies at the desk, Ingrid Dionisio and Katerina, they were so friendly and made me decide that any future trips I will stay at the Crowne Plaza! Thank you so much for the excellent hospitality!

Room Tip: Stayed on the 12th floor and had absolutely no complaints, only a great stay!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Deanna P, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Dallas Downtown, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Dear dcwtravels
Thanks so much for staying with us and taking the time to give us your feedback! I appreciate your kind words about the staff and their hard work. They will be pleased to hear you enjoyed your time with us. Please come back and visit soon!
Deanna

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Dallas Downtown? Share your experiences!