“Room service is too expensive, but front desk staff very nice.” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Weekend Savings!
Ranked #83 of 190 Hotels in Dallas
Houston, Texas
“Room service is too expensive, but front desk staff very nice.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

They charge WAY too much for their room service food menu items!!! I had a fleeting thought of ordering something on my last night there, but Noooooooooo way! And, to charge $10.95 for a buffet breakfast of the usual breakfast items? Really? I would understand if it had breakfast steaks and other not-so-common items, but it had just bacon, eggs, juices, milk, cereal, danish, biscuits...

I like that they are very Eco-conscious about not wasting water on linens if the same people were going to occupy the one room for more than 1 consecutive day.

I stayed from Friday afternoon to Sunday morning, with my oldest son...we attended an anime convention that was located at a convention center nearby. Joseph B. was very helpful whenever he was on duty behind the front desk. :-)

But, for the price of the room on a weekend in downtown Dallas, I would think it would be cheaper......but that's just me.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
Kansas City, Missouri, USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

For the price, I expected a much nicer facility. The rooms were clean but old and smelled old. Musky. We had the "privacy" sign on the door but housekeeping came in anyway and then left the door out of the latch. Thankfully we were at end of hall and no one walked by. Only place to park is in the garage attached to the hotel, that the hotel will charge you $12 a night to park and then let the patrons to their night club park in free. But when those same patrons crash into your car they claim they have nothing to do with the parking garage, that it is run by a separate company. No cameras in the garage. Also if you stay here watch your CC bill as they will bill you for additional rooms. I have gotten much better service at a cheaper hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Dallas Downtown, responded to this review, July 6, 2012
Dear Nerak-kc,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving such a detailed review. I am deeply sorry you found our hotel less than satisfactory. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Jaime W
Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

I have just stayed 3 nights here on my first trip to Dallas. The room I had was fine, on 19th floor so had a good view. The pool area was also a bonus. Good walking distance to everywhere in the city although I found the area a little seedy & didn't feel comfortable walking around at night by myself. The staff were all very helpful & polite & if I were to return to Dallas, would probably stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Albany, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

Check-in/out was friendly. The rooms are dated but in acceptable condition, the hallways even more dated and needs work. I was on the higher floors so the view was great. The price was comparable to the other hotels in the area, but at least you'll get better service at the Crowne Plaza. The only aspect that stood out was that the the toilet struggled at times to flush. A one or two night stay is ok, anything more and I would go with another hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Dallas Downtown, responded to this review, June 22, 2012
Dear bryli,

Thank you for your stay and leaving us feedback. We are pleased you liked your room accommodations as well as our friendly staff. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We're sorry for any problems you experienced with the bathroom facilities in your room. We hope that you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Jaime W
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012 via mobile

Over priced for the poorness of the rooms, no discount on parking for guests.
We ordered room service and while I was signing the check she belched in my face... With no apologies.
We had a do not disturb sign on our door and housekeeping came in anyway!
We booked for 4 nights, had to leave a day early for an emergency back home so the first person I talked to said that was fine since we were out by 9:00am, but the front desk manager charged us for the additional night anyway!
I would NEVER stay here again, one of the worst hotels I have ever been in, I was expecting decent since I am paying $120 a night but this hotel had no class.

• Stayed May 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Dallas Downtown, responded to this review, June 20, 2012
Dear Johnson54k,

Thank you for leaving a review. I am deeply sorry you received service that was less than satisfactory. This is not the type of service you should expect from our hotel. Your feedback is very important to us. We take all comments seriously and welcome any opportunity to improve. If there is any thing we can do to make your next stay more comfortable. Please do not hesitate to ask.

Katie J
Breaux Bridge, Louisiana, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

Awesome hotel and awesome Service. Joseph B. was very helpful in suggesting a place to eat and we were very pleased!!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

You couldn't get a better level of service from a much more expensive destination than this central Dallas hotel. I really could not fault any detail of the service at all. Also the quality of the food, beverage and regular services was very high indeed. On that basis alone, this is a 5 rating.

However, the location and the impression one gets checking in to a tired lobby, with dubious styling and outdated decor, is frankly underwhelming. The decor throughout is dated and well overdue a refit, and while it is not dirty, there are threadbare carpets, outmoded styling and a curious layout that just isn't near enough what other brands are offering. This seems unique to this Crowne Plaza, however.

So while there's nothing wrong with the hotel it just doesn't look much good, and impressions do count in business.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Dallas Downtown, responded to this review, June 28, 2012
Dear desmeister,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am pleased that you enjoyed your meals at our restaurant and the hotel staff services during your stay with us. We are sorry you were not 100% satisfied with the the hotel decor. I truly value your comments as this gives us the opportunity of improving what we can offer. We will address these points and I hope when you return you will see the improvements made.

Thank you again. Hope to see you soon.

Zelyn N.
IHG Care

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Dallas Downtown? Share your experiences!