“Brilliant Getaway” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #83 of 189 Hotels in Dallas
Sheffield,UK
“Brilliant Getaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

We stayed at this hotel twice in September and found it excellent both times. The recpetion staff were very friendly and most helpful with directions. The cleaning staff were really nice and the rooms exceptionally clean. The bar area is good and the staff efficient. The restaurant staff were also good. The only thing I would have liked is a change of the menu. There wasn't much choice and as we ate in every night, and me not eating meat, I occasionally had to duplicate my choice. The food was very good but the portions were huge. We could only ever eat about half of the amount, even though we'd asked for smaller portions. Breakfast was very good, lots of choice. Brilliant rooftop pool, if a little cold! Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: The first time we had room 1409 which was great. Everything worked OK. Air con was good. Pillows not...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
Lexington, Kentucky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2011

I stayed at this hotel a few months ago. The staff was friendly and the service was acceptable. I can tell they have put at least some effort into updating the lobby and main floor facilities of what is obviously an older building. However, I did not feel that the rooms were clean. They were dank and dark to say the least. The housekeeping staff left a rag, which had obviously been used to clean every dirt toilet on the whole floor, on top of my makeup bag. I typically stay at very modestly priced hotels, many of which cost less than this one, and I can honestly say this is the second or third most disgusting hotel I have ever stayed in. I also found a bug of some sort crawling on me when I returned home. I realized only recently after seeing a special on tv, that it may have been a bed bug, which is why I am just now writing a review. Luckily, I stored my luggage in the basement and haven't touched it since, and I washed my clothes immediately, so it hasn't turned into problem, but I shutter at the thought of what could have happened, especially considering my ignorance of what bed bugs look like. Now I know and I'll not take a risk like this again!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2011

I booked this hotel after reading the many favorable reviews. We were not disappointed at all. Check in was quick and friendly. Our requested non smoking room was granted. It was on the 14th floor which is designated as a non smoking floor. Initially had problems with the room wifi but eventually got thru. Very convenient.
The downtown location was nice but it is obvious that this property had seen better days. Inspire of this handicap, the rooms are cleaned so well and the amenities, towels, and the beddings were all excellent.
The breakfast buffet was good.
Will recommend to my friends.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2011

Crown Plaza Downtown Dallas is convenient for the business traveler who won't put a lot of emphasis on the decor or charmed. I stayed 6 nights at the hotel and was somewhat disappointed with the decor and the maintenance. The hotel needs to be upgraded and needs more action in the hotel...toooooo quiet and deserted for my taste. The room had a wet cRpet when I walked in...to tire to change to another room. The room was ok but had a noisy fridge. It was nice to have a microwave and coffee maker but no coffee available. You must have your hotel key in order to get on the elevator which I thought it was a good security feature but then it made me wonder of the surroundings.there are plenty of fast food restaurants except on sunday where everything is close. The hotel offers a wonderful buffet I truly re omens it. Gym equipment needs updating like the rest of the hotel. Staff is super nice but location is questionable. It's approximate 50 follRs taxi ride from dew airport but shuttle is less. It's 17 to retune from hotel to airport using super shuttle service...overall...hotel needs. Little tlc.

Room Tip: Even number rooms don't get direct sunlight in the afternoon.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Dallas Downtown, responded to this review, October 6, 2011
lulys67,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry that you received service that was less-than-satisfactory and regret any inconvenience that your experience has caused you.
We hope that you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Ben J
IHG Care
Saltillo, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2011

I was received by a welcomy staff, the room had great view and it was all i asked for. What amazed me was that i went out for a walk and when i got back, two cold beers and a dessert were waiting for me at my room, now that's what i call a pleasant surprise. I chose Crowne Plaza because they really add that extra when it comes to the sleeping experience, the Crowne Plaza Sleep Advantage.

Room Tip: Be a Priority Club member, they really add an extra effort for it.
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2011

I spent 12 long day here while representing clients in a trial at the courthouse across the street. the location was extremely convenient and the amenities were all a stressed lawyer could hope for while living out of a hotel room while in trial.

Joplin, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2011

Enjoyed my 1 night stay. They allowed me to early checkin and then provided a Priority Member gift and breakfast coupon. Ingrid, the receptionist, was very cordial and nice. We definitely come back for another stay. Bary

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Dallas Downtown? Share your experiences!