“Okay .....” 3 of 5 stars

$50 AMEX Gift Card Offer
Ranked #51 of 188 hotels in Dallas
“Okay .....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

GPS brought me into this hotel through some "interesting areas" but hotel itself is in an okay position next to major roads. Glad I read here about car park underground as signage was not too good. The underground car park is not to my taste but worked okay.

Check-in was okay, no recognition for HHonors membership though.

Room location was as requested, no issues there. Room itself was a little bit of a dissapointment however, looked "tired" & felt quite muggy. The door from living area to bedroom had had some work carried out to it & still needed to be painted.
Bathroom door was suffering from some flood damage at bottom, result being that door was slightly warped and did not stay shut. Neither a major issue or concern for me but also not something I'd expect in an Embassy Suites.
Cleanliness of bedding on 2nd night was not to my liking, fortunately had two beds in room so stayed the 2nd night in the other bed.

Had room service one night, was quick & pretty good food/value for money (beer, pasta, key lime pie).

Breakfast was reasonable the morning I had it, cooked to order eggs & a good range of other breakfast items.

Internet was terrible, in room I got connected for all of 5 minutes in 2 nights stayed. Also tried the business centre and it was worse, I was not the only guest frustrated with business centre lack of connection ! I did advise reception of this however response was pleasant but did not address issue.

Check-out by the night porter was seemless & he provided very good advice on directions to the airport.

Overall, a disappointing average I'd say (closer to 2 than 4) especially considering rate paid & I will probably select another hotel to stay when in this area again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Tina K, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Dallas - Park Central Area, responded to this review, February 9, 2013
I would like to apologize for the conditions of your suite during your recent stay. We have addressed the issues that you reported with our housekeeping and maintenance departments. I appreciate you taking the time to review our property and provide us with an honest accessment so that we can improve our accommodations.

I regret that you were left with bad impression of our hotel and we would love another chance. Please contact me directly if there is ever a way we can assist you in the future.

Tina Koon
Front Office Manager

323 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Mesquite, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

We celebrated our 45th wedding anniversary here and were thrilled beyond our expectations. I researched many options within an hour of Dallas, but I chose ES in Richardson because we attended a big birthday celebration there several years ago, and we had stayed at another ES years before that. Just a few feet from the front entrance, we were greeted with a big glowing smile and that set the tone for our whole visit. We got a great AARP rate online. I considered the anniversary package, but we don't drink alcohol, so that upgrade didn't appeal for the money. We expected to be given a low-level room for the rate, but we were given a room on the top floor. Two hours after check-in, room service brought up a cheese, fruit and cracker tray, AND a tray of chocolate covered strawberries, with a lovely card signed by many staff members. When I needed help with Internet access, Shumaia at the front desk was terrific. Every housekeeper, staff member in the buffet and eating area, worker I met in the elevators or other areas, and, of course, front desk was friendly, sharing a smile and a bit of conversation, even those who put up with my muy mal Spanish. Does it sound too sentimental to say the staff made us feel both welcome and loved? What else do you call it when I got a welcome big hug from Shumaia as we were leaving? I can't believe I can't remember the name of the young lady who checked us in and who greeted us at the Saturday Manager's Reception, but she is outstanding as well. We will probably return here, or to other ES properties, and will continue to recommend them to our friends, family and church members.
Nitpicking: Yes, the property is aging. The HVAC kept us freezing until we turned the temp to 85. The top lock on the door was loose because of a broken screw, but the deadbolt was fine. Bad, if modern, design of the glass wall in the shower and no way to adjust the shower head meant water poured onto the floor when either of us used the shower. None of these warranted even a call to the front desk, just some things to be aware of. The only noise problem we had was a quartet of boys who were on the floor below who were also racing each other on the four elevators, and shouting to each other from the top floor to the lobby. They were about 8-10 years old and were in town for a ball game and having a blast. Oh, to be that free (and unsupervised) at that age. This only lasted an hour or so, then they went back to their room and all was quiet.
This is a long review, but it is for a wonderful staff and place to spend a fun weekend. Thank toy, Embassy Suites Richardson, Texas!

Room Tip: Ask for an upper floor if you want quiet.
Sherman, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

We stayed in Winter, early January, but it was warm out, and our AC didn't work. We turned it on when we first arrived, and eventually, by 5am, I woke to find my husband in the living room on the sofa unable to sleep because it was so hot and stuffy. I called the front desk and luckily they had a floor fan they brought me. I went to checkout the next day, and I couldn't do so from the room, so I went down front and they wanted $45 deposit for the fan?!?!?! I'm like it's upstairs, I didn't take it, do you want me to get it, the lady said no and took the charge off my account. So alls well that ends well I suppose.
The men at this hotel were all nice, the women all acted like they had sticks up there butts and were too good to tend to anyone.
Breakfast was really great, least the omelet guy rocked it out. The biscuits were like rocks tho, seriously steak knife needed to cut. The bartender Joel was AWESOME, as was happy hour.

Room Tip: They're all the same facing the interior of the hotel
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Tina K, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Dallas - Park Central Area, responded to this review, January 19, 2013
I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am sorry to hear that you experienced an issue with your hvac during your stay. I apologize for the room not being in proper working order. I am happy to hear that the staff was able to provide you with a swift resolution. I will share your feedback with our team so that we can discuss and work to improve our product and service.

We hope that we have the opportunity to assist you again in the future.
College Station, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

I love ES, so this great room rate (<$50/night) was perfect. Room 722 smelled just a little musty and the carpet was rippled in one spot just at the foot of the bed. Breakfast was excellent as usual. Love all the roominess!

Spruce Grove, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

We managed to get a great room for less than $50 a night! Considering that included a hot, made to order breakfast, a manager's reception that included snacks and drinks, and a shuttle service, we were impressed with the place before we ever arrived! The room was clean and well appointed, including a large separate bedroom with a king bed, 2 TVs, a full table and 4 chairs and a bar area. The fridge was quite small, but worked for our purposes. The kids and I enjoyed the pool, as well, which was quite busy during our stay.
We didn't make it to the breakfast, but the Manager's Reception was quite good. I also really enjoyed the set up of the building and considering it snowed in Dallas, while we were there, we liked having the underground parking.

Room Tip: our room faced the back of the hotel and was quiet
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Shreveport, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

I guess I might stay here again. My first room had hair all over the bathroom, for me that is a deal breaker. Was moved to another room and upon entrance and going into the bedroom, there was a duffle bag sitting there. Called for removal but still made me uncomfortable. Staff assured me room had been re-keyed and if person was still there, could not enter room. Anyway, room was a little bit better but this location seems a little outdated to me as compared to other Embassy Suites in the Dallas area. Parking here was very interesting too. Very unlikely I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Good luck, you pretty much are going to be facing a highway.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Levittown, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012 via mobile

Very clean. Big rooms. Smoking rooms available. Good bar. Breakfast included. Near a lot of great restaurants. Very nice staff and underground parking if lot is full. Good TVs in room and decent channels. Good for business travelers.

• Stayed December 2012

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel Dallas - Park Central Area? Share your experiences!