“11th floor nightmare! One of worst hotels I've ever stayed yet” 1 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Dallas - Campbell Centre

Save Saved
You added DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Dallas - Campbell Centre to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Dallas - Campbell Centre
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8250 North Central Expressway, Dallas, TX 75206   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 20%
Ranked #88 of 188 hotels in Dallas
Pawhuska, Oklahoma
“11th floor nightmare! One of worst hotels I've ever stayed yet”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2011

Looks can be deceiving. When you first walk in, they have the lobby looking outstanding of course but then when you get to the rooms they were disgusting. Carpets were stained, i had cigarette burns in my comforter, food crumbs fell out of it too when i took it off. Wallpaper was peeling and looked dingy, none of the counter tops or desks tops were clean, they all had stains on them. No refrigerator, had to pay for wifi in your room. The hallways also had just a musty, old smell to them. I was there for a conference and when i came back to my room later one afternoon, whoever had cleaned my room had left my door opened all day so anyone could have got in my room. The food was overpriced, not very good at all and made me literally sick (for real, wont go into details). One evening i was laying in bed and i kept smelling cigarette smoke in room and it finally got so strong that i called down to the front desk to find out if smoking was allowed in the hotel and they said only on the 10th floor, well of course i was on the 11th floor and it was literally coming up through the floor and it was so strong that it made me naseous. So finally they offered us another room at about 11:30 at night. The location absolutely sucked. There is not much around and you better be packing if you go out at night. There also was a rail system that runs right by the hotel and it can be heard in the rooms. We had no rental car so we had to rely on the hotel transportation to take us places and even then they only covered a 3 mile radius. They also said they drop off and pick up every hour on the hour at a mall that was across the highway(it was only about half a mile away but too dangerous to walk to because of the highways) so we decided to do that one day and when were done we were outside before 4pm to catch the next shuttle and what a surprise no one showed up so i called the hotel and they happily said they would send some right over...another 15 minutes goes by and no one shows up so i have to end up calling again and once again they said they would send someone right over and we ended up waiting another 10-15 minutes. So finally they showed up after 4:30 so explain to me what happened to every hour on the hour? The only place to get snacks was in the hotel gift shop and since we had no car i thought i would go down and get some snacks and water since were going to be there 3 days. So i got two small bags of chips and a bottle of water and it rang up over $8! I looked at the charges and that flippin bottle of water was almost $5! so i said screw that and we took the shuttle to a grocery store where i found the exact same bottle of water for $1, seriously! They did offer me a a free breakfast for some of my troubles but i didnt even use it because their food made me so sick. On a postive note, they did have free warm cookies lol

Room Tip: do not stay here
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
melissa_hampton, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Dallas - Campbell Centre, responded to this review, November 14, 2011
I want to express my sincerest apologies for your recent visit. This does not represent the kind of experience I wish for any guest to have. I would very much like to speak to you and learn more details about your stay. I intend to take appropriate steps in staff training and other areas to ensure this does not happen in the future. I hope you will contact me directly at your convenience so that I may address all of your concerns.

With kind regards,
Melissa G Hampton
Director of Sales
melissa.hampton@hilton.com
Direct (214) 706 0104

411 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2011 via mobile

Stayed here on trip involving SMU campus. It was close but u had to know where you were going. The hotel was ok. Adequately clean. Satisfactory room. Because there are aspects to the hotel that are aging one day when I came back in the evening I found my room door not shut all the way. I think it was the cleaning crew. Nothing was missing. Easy enough to have happen if you don't slam the door shut. More or less what I would expect out of this type and caliber if hotel. I was disappointed that I could hear what was going on in the hallway very clearly but my neighbors quieted down quickly and mostly were passing.g through. Also no working vending machines. One lady in our group finally found 1 working. I never did.

• Stayed November 2011
melissa_hampton, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Dallas - Campbell Centre, responded to this review, November 9, 2011
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review. I am always happy to utilize guest feedback to help improve our staff training and services. I will definitely take your experience to heart. Thank you again, and I hope you visit us again in the future. Do not hestitate to contact me at any time.

Kind regards,
Melissa Hampton
Director of Sales
melissa.hampton@hilton.com
Portland, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

I stayed here for two nights recently in a king room and found it quite comfortable. I was given a "corner" room -- I say "corner" because it really didn't have any -- the edges of the hotel are rounded and I had an expansive semicircle of windows. Great light, but unfortunately only a view of the parking lot.

The bed was very comfortable, and there was a nice selection of pillows. Everything was tidy and clean, but the room seemed somewhat dated (peeling wallpaper, etc.). The bathroom was positively cavelike, and with one greenish fluorescent lamp over the sink, not the thing for a female business traveler who needs to be able to see while putting on her makeup. I managed to emerge looking halfway human by turning on the hall light and using the full-length mirror on the back of the door.

Room service was prompt, courteous, and delicious. (Try the breakfast berry banana split - fruit, yogurt, and granola. Yum!) And I am a sucker for Doubletree's signature warm chocolate chip cookies that you're given at check-in.

Loved the funky western-themed furniture in the lobby, and the framed arrowheads. Very Texas, very cool!

The staff I encountered were kind and attentive. I'd stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
melissa_hampton, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Dallas - Campbell Centre, responded to this review, November 4, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your recent visit to Dallas and your stay at the DoubleTree and appreciate your feed back. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

All the best,
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2011

The view is amazing! It's close to Northpark Mall and LOTS of restaurants. It was quiet and very comfortable. Can't go wrong with fresh, warm chocolate chip cookies!!!!! Nothing for the kids to do at the hotel but you're close enough to other things you don't need to be in the room much!

Room Tip: we had adjoining rooms and one was 2 doubles the other a king
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
melissa_hampton, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Dallas - Campbell Centre, responded to this review, October 17, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your recent visit to Dallas and your stay at the DoubleTree. We look forward to seeing you again in the future. All the best,

Herndon, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2011

The room was nice, typical for a hotel of this type. Bath could use some sprucing up. Breakfast buffet - the food was lukewarm at best, one morning not even that. Fresh fruit and some frozen, eggs, rolls, potatoes, biscuits & gravy. They had an omelet stand, but not anyone there some mornings. Staff was friendly. Only big negative is that the property is close to the train tracks and Rt 75, you will hear both all night. I think the Westin Park Central is a slightly better hotel for the same money.

Room Tip: away from the highway and tracks
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Thanks so much for your comments. We appreciate your feedback about your recent visit, and look forward to using the information to improve all of our guest's experiences at the DoubleTree by Hilton Dallas Campbell Centre. I hope you will return of enjoy the results. Do not hesitate to let me know when you will be travelling to Dallas again.
Akron, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2011

We stayed at this hotel several times in the last two years while our son was attending graduate school at SMU. The location is excellent, the rooms very comfortable, and the Easter Brunch was very good at the restaraunt. The hotel is very close to a mall with great shopping and restaraunts. I will continue to stay at this hotel and highly recommend it.

Room Tip: corner rooms are bigger and have great views!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
melissa_hampton, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Dallas - Campbell Centre, responded to this review, October 10, 2011
Thanks so much for your comments. We are pleased you enjoyed your visit and hope you return again for future SMU activities. We are always happy to see our SMU guests back at the DoubleTree! Do not hesitate to let us know when you will be travelling to Dallas again.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2011

My best friend and I decided to go to Dallas for the weekend to get away and relax with some friends. I booked this hotel since it was close to North Park Mall (which is across the freeway) and minutes away from downtown Dallas (literally 5 minutes). The check in process was awesome, I forgot the gentleman that checked us in, but he made us feel welcomed. It was late evening around 8 pm if that helps. I asked him about the special cookie that the Doubletree is known for, and when I tell you, that was one of the greatest cookies I have ever had, you would never believe me (especially since it was FREE). The rooms are very spacious, humongous floor to ceiling windows, spacious bathrooms and very well appointed amenities. We had a great nights sleep every night and I also had a sweet workout! The gym is perfect, from free weights to machines and treadmills to bikes. We also stayed on the 18th floor, now the view would have blew me away, but the Campbell Centre building blocks the side where we were facing downtown. Other than that the view is still worth seeing! I did not get a chance to eat at the restaurant, but I did have a chance to eat at the Lemon Bar which is located in the Uptown Dallas area. Overall my stay was phenomenal and I can not wait to go back to Dallas at the end of September and I will be staying here again!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends

All the best,
Email:melissa.hampton@hilton.com

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Dallas - Campbell Centre? Share your experiences!