“Wyndham consistently dependable” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Dallas Hotel by the Galleria

You added Sheraton Dallas Hotel by the Galleria to your Saves list
Sheraton Dallas Hotel by the Galleria
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4801 Lyndon B. Johnson Freeway, Dallas, TX 75244 (Formerly Sheraton Dallas North Hotel by the Galleria)   |
Ranked #36 of 192 Hotels in Dallas
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersSilver level
Houston, Texas
“Wyndham consistently dependable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2006

I have yet to be disappointed with a stay at a Wyndham, and my recent stay at the Wyndham Dallas North by the Galleria is no exception.

I experienced a smooth and pleasant check-in, clean and spacious room, convenient and reasonably priced restaurant (I highly recommend the breakfast buffet!), and easy express check-out. The only thing I noticed that was missing (although not really a problem for me) was that there was no bellman at the door when I arrived.

The Galleria shopping center is a 5 minute drive (the hotel offers a shuttle). The location next to LBJ Freeway (I-635) was a concern at first, but I found it to be easy to get around, and I didn't hear ANY traffic in my room that faced the freeway.

One big tip: If you choose to make a reservation here, be sure to sign up for the Wyndham ByRequest program beforehand. You can do it online, it's free, and I haven't found any catches so far. The membership gives you. among other things, free highspeed internet access and free local AND long-distance phone calls (yes, free long-distance). And they give you a welcome snack, which you get to choose! It takes effect immediately (you don't have to earn any number of points before the benefits start)...It's unlike any other frequent-stay hotel I know of.

I highly recommend the Wyndham Dallas North by the Galleria.

• Stayed June 2006

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Isle of Wight
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2006

I was passing through Dallas on the way to Houston and pre-booked the Wyndham Hotel. It is a business class hotel with budget deals.
The rooms were very comfortable and the traffic noise was barely noticeable. The fittings were in good order and clean. The staff were attentive and cheerful. Overall a great place to stay at the price.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2006

I stayed here for one night on January 25th, 2006 and it was quite simply the worst hotel experience that I have ever had. I travel for business domestically nearly 100 days a year and need to come to Dallas the night before for meetings the next morning.

I searched the hotels.com for a hotel of at least 3-stars which could guarantee me a non-smoking room and was able to reserve this Wyndham by the Galleria.

When I arrived at 9 pm, they simply booked me into a room on the third floor and when I got the floor it reeked of stale cigarettes. When I opened the room door I was just about bowled over. It smelled like lung cancer. You would shake the bed cover and pillow and small ashes could be seen flying off into the air.

I went back downstairs and asked at the front desk that they switch me to a non-smoking room and they said that they had none. I said "how is that possible as I reserved and PREPAID for a non-smoking room?" and they smirked (seriously) and said "read the fine print - we give you the best room that is available considering your request - and there are no non-smoking rooms available".

I went back to the room quite upset and thought well then maybe I can just open the window for fresh air. THE WINDOWS DO NOT OPEN! How crazy is that - hundreds of smokers in this room and no ventilation - not even a fan to the outside? I tried to turn on the AC/Heater for fresh air and all it did was stir up the ashes in the room.

Bottom line, if you smoke and like hanging out in a stale-smoke room, and like surly management, this is the place for you. Otherwise I strongly recommend that you avoid this place at all costs.

• Stayed January 2006, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2005

Stayed one night on a business trip. Room was clean, bed comfortable. Lunch in their restaurant was good and service was fast when I said I was in a hurry. Area around the hotel is not too exciting - not many restaurants and you are right by I-635. But no problems with traffic noise - my room overlooked highway but I didn't hear it. Air conditioner was an annoyance - in-room unit which cycled on and off during the night. Front desk staff not very helpful with local knowledge. I asked for somewhere to go running and they sent me to a non-existent jogging trail. Also the pool is a lot smaller than it looks on their website (but isn't that always the case) Overall, I have no major complaints, though - this hotel gets the basics right, but that's about it.

• Stayed November 2005, traveled on business
Eugene, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2005

Stayed at the Wyndham Dallas North by the Galleria for a business meeting. The facility is very nice -- the overnight rooms were good sized, very clean and well maintained. Extra pillows and blankets in the room, and super air conditioning.

The bathroom soaps and shampoos were lovely to use, scented with lemongrass.

Room service was fast. The food was fresh but not fantastic. Had an interesting salad with about 1/3 pound of blue cheese and a good balsamic vinagrette. Their breakfast buffet was fairly standard: a nice muesli with raisins, fresh fruit, dry cereal, eggs, biscuits and gravy. Better than average, but not amazing food. There is a coffee maker in the room.

There was a $10.95 added charge for a high speed internet connection in the room. Their service staff was very helpful getting equipment set up in our meeting rooms.

The location is very near the Galleria - an upscale shopping mall.

• Stayed October 2005, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2005

great hotel! great value! friendly staff, very accomodating. room service food was good and prompt. my filet came in 30 minutes and cooked perfectly. bed was comfortable, feather pillows. rooms spacious.

• Stayed August 2005, traveled on business
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2005

Stayed here for 5 nights... as part of the Wyndham ByRequest program, I got a nice plate of 3 fresh baked cookies, bottled water and a can of coke upon entering my room. Complimentary wireless internet via the program which was great....reliable and fast! Bed was comfortable as was the spacious rooms. Only drawback was how often the a/c unit kept on turning on / off. Location near Dallas Galleria is a definite plus... tried the breakfast buffet and it was average. Coworker had room service and was pleased with service and food. Overall, I'd recommend staying at this hotel in North Dallas. Would have loved to see a self-service laundry machine. Also, nice swimming pool area that opens outside/inside, with sauna and health club, which was average.

• Stayed August 2005, traveled on business

Been to Sheraton Dallas Hotel by the Galleria? Share your experiences!