“Great sleep !” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Dallas Hotel by the Galleria

You added Sheraton Dallas Hotel by the Galleria to your Saves list
Sheraton Dallas Hotel by the Galleria
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4801 Lyndon B. Johnson Freeway, Dallas, TX 75244 (Formerly Sheraton Dallas North Hotel by the Galleria)   |
Ranked #31 of 190 Hotels in Dallas
GreenLeadersSilver level
Adelaide
“Great sleep !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2014

Stayed here after flying from Sydney to Dallas, found it excellent for the price. Very quiet & comfortable, excellent bed - all I want from a hotel. Found the in house bar near the check in desk was a great place to have a quiet drink.

Room Tip: The rooms viewing the atrium are very quiet
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Austin, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

I usually love Sheratons, but this one fell flat. Elevators were broken floor level was scorching hot, and they just didn't seem to have it all together. Renovations had taken place in the lobby though, and I can only assume that the underlying infrastructure was coming next, but we will see if that actually takes place. Book only if the price is right.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Manny V, Manager at Sheraton Dallas Hotel by the Galleria, responded to this review, August 21, 2014
Dear wwput,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. We are happy you enjoyed , but we’re very sorry you didn’t enjoy your overall stay with us. Our elevators are currently in full working order and we working closely with our elevator company to keep the elevators operating at all times. We have high expectations for ourselves and are all sorry we missed the mark on your experience.
Again I apologize and I hope despite this occurrence you will visit us again next time you are in Dallas.

Dublin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

This is a standard Sheraton, nothing revolutionary and nothing terrible exactly what I expect for the price range. The lobby and common areas are nice, they seem recently renovated.

The poor elements of this hotel start at check in, I found the front desk team throughout my week long stay poor. Not only did I not feel welcome, anytime I had a query or question, I felt like I was imposing on them. The daily parking rate was $12 which I think is excessive for a non city centre area. The poor area is small but functional.

The one standout gem in this hotel is an employee called Manuel who greeted me like an old friend every morning for breakfast. The man personified welcome and by the end of my weeklong stay I felt sad to say goodbye. He is hands-down amazing. I ate 4-5 nights in the restaurant bar and found all the servers polite, helpful and friendly. These guys are making a very average hotel exceptional. I cannot speak highly enough of them. The food is great too.

This place is let down by the inconsistent service but it's cancelled out by Manuel and the restaurant/bar team. Top notch!

Room Tip: Try get higher floor.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Manny V, Manager at Sheraton Dallas Hotel by the Galleria, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
Dear PC Dublin,

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post a review. I am happy to hear you found our staff to be friendly and helpful in the restaurant, in particular Manuel. We will certainly share this success with him. I do apologize if the front desk did not make your feel welcome, I can assure you this is not the standard. We are here to answer all of guest’s questions and needs. I will be immediately be addressing this with our front desk team.

Again, thank you for the comments, which will help us in our ongoing efforts to improve our service. If you make your way back to Dallas I hope that you will again choose our hotel, and if you want to reach out to me prior to your stay I will personally ensure the success of your visit.

Bonita Springs, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

I Love Sheratons this one was just meh... my room although clean so so large and cavernous with odd scraps of furniture it felt awkward like I was staying in someones old storage room. Was kinds depressing and even for a top floor was dark....its was just weird. The hotel itself was fine but a bit too busy and impersonal. Only the car valet guy ever said hello or greeted me for the 2 days I was there.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Manila, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

We stayed on the 4th floor and our room is just in front of the elevator. The room is okay and can fit 4 adults coz we got the 2 double beds. Bed and linens were nice and comfty. We had a good nice sleep on our 7 nights at the hotel. It is near the Galeria mall. Hotel offers shuttle within a 3 mile radius only. Good restaurants are within downtown so not much choices within 3 miles. They served the same breakfast on our 8 days stay - bacon, eggs, fruits, yougart, oats, sausages, potatoes, bagels and bread.

Our stay in this hotel over all was good. We requested alot of things from hotel services w/c they likely obliged. Service was good.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Manny V, Manager at Sheraton Dallas Hotel by the Galleria, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Dear Shei F,

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post a review. I am happy to hear our staff is friendly and helpful and that you found our location convenient!

A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Loved the design quality of the rooms: most hotels spend the majority if time and money on lobbies, but the room was beautiful! Staff was friendly, quiet hotel. I would give a 5-star if the view has been better than a gravel rooftop, especially because everything else had so much detail. Even a nicer roof material would have been nice. Gosh, a rooftop garden would be spectacular!

Stayed July 2014
Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post a review. I apologize for the roof top view, we do have alternative views and we would love the opportunity to provide one on your next trip!
On a more positive note I am pleased you loved the design of your room and you found our staff friendly!

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

The hotel still is way above average. But, when you check in at midnight, you want to go to sleep. First, my room key didn't work. Next the air conditioner was struggling to cool the room.

But the main irritant, last visit and this, was the lack of any electrical outlets near the bed. Actually, the outlet is located squarely behind the bed. As before, in order to plug in my CPAP, I had to pull the base of the bed away from the wall, crawl over to the middle of the bed, unplug the alarm clock, plug in my cord, reposition the bed, remove the down comforter that is hardly needed in a room that is not cool in Dallas in July, and then remind myself that my plan was to get some sleep.

Then, like some sort of wake-up call, the A/C shuts off automatically around 8:00 am.

Breakfast was great and the staff was helpful. Getting to the hotel still is a bit like driving through a war zone, but they can't help the road construction.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Dear Tim D,

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post a review. I am happy to hear our staff is friendly and helpful and that you chose our hotel for your visit. I apologize for the electrical outlets, we do offer alternatives at the front desk. We provide the comforters in the room to ensure we are catering for all sorts of sleepers as some of our guests enjoy a more snug sleep!

Rooms Division Manager

Been to Sheraton Dallas Hotel by the Galleria? Share your experiences!