“Stay at end of July” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Dallas Hotel by the Galleria

Save Saved
You added Sheraton Dallas Hotel by the Galleria to your Saves list
Sheraton Dallas Hotel by the Galleria
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4801 Lyndon B. Johnson Freeway, Dallas, TX 75244 (Formerly Sheraton Dallas North Hotel by the Galleria)   |
Ranked #27 of 188 hotels in Dallas
GreenLeadersSilver level
San Antonio, Texas
“Stay at end of July”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

This is a great hotel. I stay here frequently. The lounge typically has a great breakfast that I enjoy more than the full buffet. The guy at the front desk always remembers me by name and home town. The bartenders are great. They are attentive to food and drink needs, always providing snacks. This was the first time I used the shuttle service, it was very convenient and prompt when needed.

Room Tip: Typically my rooms are on the highway side of the hotel. Usually I am on the 14th or 15th floor and...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

402 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Dallas, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Our AC had gone out and we actually stayed in three different hotels within a week. Took rooms where they were available. Our BEST stay was at this Sheraton. Frustrated because of the AC problem at home, and not getting any satisfaction from the company I was dealing with, it was a great relief to fine a 'home' at the Sheraton for three days. My six year old granddaughter came to see me and said 'I really like your new livingroom' ~ I was about to tell her it was the lobby and then I looked around... it WAS my livingroom now! People milling about, computers on, laughter, comfortable couches, friendly staff... and I wound up spending more time in the lobby than in the room for the duration! The food, staff and amenities were amazing! We are planning on another 'Staycation' in the near future and coming 'home' to the Sheraton for it! Thank you so much for making us feel so welcome...

Room Tip: Corner rooms are larger
Green Features: Clean, bright, energeric atmosphere. I like the opportunity to save on having the room cleaned daily, when I can do it myself, and gain $5 a day for my dinner!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Stayed four nights in this facility, and had a pleasant experience. The pool was clean and well maintained, especially considering outside temps were 105+ every day of my stay. Food and drinks were to the standards I expect from Starwood Hotels. I will return.

Green Features: Recycling available, and points or money credited in exchange for declining daily room cleaning.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Arlington, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

This hotel was great. The front desk staff was helpful and courteous. I got the room for the weekend with a Living Social deal. It included breakfast. It also included a bottle of wine that was delivered to our room on a silver platter with 2 sparkling clean wine glasses. The lobby is absolutely beautiful and clean. Don't drink the bottle of water in the room, the print is small but it's $4.00, you can buy it in the sundry shop for much cheaper. The breakfast buffet was delicious. There was plenty to choose from, hot and cold. The construction on 635 was a mess but that had nothing to do with the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the highest floor up if you like a view. We asked and got a room on the 11th floo...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Steven S, Manager at Sheraton Dallas Hotel by the Galleria, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear Tamakia G,
Thank you so much for sharing your experience online. Im really glad that you were able to take advantage of the living social deal. I cant wait to see you next time you are in town.

Steven Shanks
Hebron, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

I have stayed here many times and will be staying here many more in my future. We are usually here for business . Every time I have been here the staff has bent over backwards to make our stay enjoyable. The restaurant in the hotel is top notch the food is wonderful. Rooms are clean and the beds and pillows in my opinion are the best. The only down side is the Construction outside on the highway. But that is not the fault of the hotel. Other than that I will be back!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Deam RMS 8611,
I am so glad to hear that you enjoy staying at our hotel and will be back. Thank you very much for spending a few minutes sharing your feedback. I look forward to seeing you in the future.

Steven Shanks
Director of Operations
Austin, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

To be honest, even LBJ construction surround the hotel didn't bother me much. Our room was pretty high up (club floor) and it was quiet. Service was not so great however. I called the guest service to be connected to the housekeeping TWICE and nobody ever picked up the bloody phone. And no, I didn't call in the middle of the night. It was broad daylight and I even left a message, no call back. Called Room service to get extra bowls and plates also nobody picked up the phone. I had to personally go down to the bar to get these.

We stayed 2 nights. The room never got cleaned even though we opted not to skip housekeeping but they never came. The room is pretty dusty and old compare to the flashy lobby. The bathroom is extremely small too. We got free breakfast during our stay, so I say that's the only point I'm giving them. We also got snacks and drinks at the club lounge in the afternoon. Parking is not free and but I already know that before making reservations.

Unfortunately I've been staying at many hotels paying the same rate or more and I don't think I will miss this one.

Oooh on our first day of stay we notified somebody that works nearby the pool that we noticed some kind of vomit or poo near the edge the pool and maybe he should get somebody to clean it and this guy said "Umm I don't know what to do about that". Really? how gross can it be? After that day, I don't let my kids swim there. God knows what's been in the water. Funnily enough the day we checked out (2 days later), the pool was being completely shut down for maintenance. I hope nobody got sick from it.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Steven S, Manager at Sheraton Dallas Hotel by the Galleria, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear Traveler,
Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post your comments. We are pleased to hear
that you enjoyed the lobby decor. I reviewed your comments regarding your stay with us at the Sheraton Dallas Hotel by the Galleria. As a management team, we take all comments seriously and share them with our staff. I do apologize for the lack of communication from the team in regards to housekeeping and room service.I have personally followe up with these areas to address the issues that you mentioned.

Again, thank you for the comments, which will help us in our ongoing efforts to improve our service. If you would like to discuss your experience with a member of our hotel staff, please send an email to steven.shanks@sheratondallasnorth.com so I may address it with you directly.

Steven Shanks, Director of Operations
Memphis, TN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Very nice hotel. We stayed the weekend and really enjoyed our stay. Rooms were very clean. Spacious enough for a family of 4. Weekend breakfast buffet was a plus. Also, parking and internet was free the weekend we stayed, but any other time there is a fee. Close to the mall and stores like Target and Walmart for knick knacks. The Six Flags parks where about 25 to 30 minutes away. Construction made entering the Expressway horrible, but the hotel and staff were wonderful. Beds were super comfortable and welcoming after a long day at the parks.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Sheraton Dallas Hotel by the Galleria? Share your experiences!