“A Pleasant Stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Dallas Hotel by the Galleria

You added Sheraton Dallas Hotel by the Galleria to your Saves list
Sheraton Dallas Hotel by the Galleria
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4801 Lyndon B. Johnson Freeway, Dallas, TX 75244 (Formerly Sheraton Dallas North Hotel by the Galleria)   |
Ranked #34 of 191 Hotels in Dallas
GreenLeadersSilver level
Houston, Texas
“A Pleasant Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Stayed four nights in this facility, and had a pleasant experience. The pool was clean and well maintained, especially considering outside temps were 105+ every day of my stay. Food and drinks were to the standards I expect from Starwood Hotels. I will return.

Green Features: Recycling available, and points or money credited in exchange for declining daily room cleaning.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Arlington, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

This hotel was great. The front desk staff was helpful and courteous. I got the room for the weekend with a Living Social deal. It included breakfast. It also included a bottle of wine that was delivered to our room on a silver platter with 2 sparkling clean wine glasses. The lobby is absolutely beautiful and clean. Don't drink the bottle of water in the room, the print is small but it's $4.00, you can buy it in the sundry shop for much cheaper. The breakfast buffet was delicious. There was plenty to choose from, hot and cold. The construction on 635 was a mess but that had nothing to do with the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the highest floor up if you like a view. We asked and got a room on the 11th floo...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Steven S, Manager at Sheraton Dallas Hotel by the Galleria, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear Tamakia G,
Thank you so much for sharing your experience online. Im really glad that you were able to take advantage of the living social deal. I cant wait to see you next time you are in town.

Hebron, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

I have stayed here many times and will be staying here many more in my future. We are usually here for business . Every time I have been here the staff has bent over backwards to make our stay enjoyable. The restaurant in the hotel is top notch the food is wonderful. Rooms are clean and the beds and pillows in my opinion are the best. The only down side is the Construction outside on the highway. But that is not the fault of the hotel. Other than that I will be back!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Deam RMS 8611,
I am so glad to hear that you enjoy staying at our hotel and will be back. Thank you very much for spending a few minutes sharing your feedback. I look forward to seeing you in the future.

Director of Operations
Austin, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

To be honest, even LBJ construction surround the hotel didn't bother me much. Our room was pretty high up (club floor) and it was quiet. Service was not so great however. I called the guest service to be connected to the housekeeping TWICE and nobody ever picked up the bloody phone. And no, I didn't call in the middle of the night. It was broad daylight and I even left a message, no call back. Called Room service to get extra bowls and plates also nobody picked up the phone. I had to personally go down to the bar to get these.

We stayed 2 nights. The room never got cleaned even though we opted not to skip housekeeping but they never came. The room is pretty dusty and old compare to the flashy lobby. The bathroom is extremely small too. We got free breakfast during our stay, so I say that's the only point I'm giving them. We also got snacks and drinks at the club lounge in the afternoon. Parking is not free and but I already know that before making reservations.

Unfortunately I've been staying at many hotels paying the same rate or more and I don't think I will miss this one.

Oooh on our first day of stay we notified somebody that works nearby the pool that we noticed some kind of vomit or poo near the edge the pool and maybe he should get somebody to clean it and this guy said "Umm I don't know what to do about that". Really? how gross can it be? After that day, I don't let my kids swim there. God knows what's been in the water. Funnily enough the day we checked out (2 days later), the pool was being completely shut down for maintenance. I hope nobody got sick from it.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Steven S, Manager at Sheraton Dallas Hotel by the Galleria, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear Traveler,
Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post your comments. We are pleased to hear
that you enjoyed the lobby decor. I reviewed your comments regarding your stay with us at the Sheraton Dallas Hotel by the Galleria. As a management team, we take all comments seriously and share them with our staff. I do apologize for the lack of communication from the team in regards to housekeeping and room service.I have personally followe up with these areas to address the issues that you mentioned.

Again, thank you for the comments, which will help us in our ongoing efforts to improve our service. If you would like to discuss your experience with a member of our hotel staff, please send an email to steven.shanks@sheratondallasnorth.com so I may address it with you directly.

Steven Shanks, Director of Operations
Memphis, TN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Very nice hotel. We stayed the weekend and really enjoyed our stay. Rooms were very clean. Spacious enough for a family of 4. Weekend breakfast buffet was a plus. Also, parking and internet was free the weekend we stayed, but any other time there is a fee. Close to the mall and stores like Target and Walmart for knick knacks. The Six Flags parks where about 25 to 30 minutes away. Construction made entering the Expressway horrible, but the hotel and staff were wonderful. Beds were super comfortable and welcoming after a long day at the parks.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Odessa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

We stayed for four nights in June. When we arrived Mrs. Kimberly at the front desk took good care of us. I requested a quiet room and she was able to assigned us a room that was exactly what we wanted. The staff as well as Kim were very kind and courtenous. Breakfast met our expectations and the gentleman, the host made us feel at home.
The hotel is very close to Galleria Mall as well as restaurants. The parking was included.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Burleson, Texas, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Booked my room through Hotwire, spoke with the clerk the day before checkin to let them know we would be arriving late. When we arrived at the hotel at 10:00pm they informed us that the rooms were first come first serve and they had given our room away. They did give us a room at the Hilton across the street and free breakfast but it was still an inconvenience. The beds are hard, the breakfast is so so, the air conditioner in our room sounded like a freight train all the time, there was no hot water in the sink to wash my face, construction makes the hotel difficult to get in and out of. Even at the hotwire secret hotel price I wouldn't recommend this location. They have bad business practices! The Hilton was beautiful & the beds were amazing!! Wish my room was there the entire stay.

Room Tip: The 12th floor had microwaves and mini fridge in it.
Green Features: They have recycle bins in the rooms and offer "go green" options by opting out of room service during your stay. If you opt out you get a $5 voucher for each day.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Steven S, Manager at Sheraton Dallas Hotel by the Galleria, responded to this review, June 30, 2013
Dear Traveler,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback in regards to your stay. Im very sorry for the inconveniences that you experienced during your stay. We take feedback seriously and share it with our team to come up with ways to improve our services. If I can assist further in any way please reach out to me and I will be happy to help.

Director of Operations

Been to Sheraton Dallas Hotel by the Galleria? Share your experiences!