“Nice hotel!!!!!!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Dallas Hotel by the Galleria

You added Sheraton Dallas Hotel by the Galleria to your Saves list
Sheraton Dallas Hotel by the Galleria
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4801 Lyndon B. Johnson Freeway, Dallas, TX 75244 (Formerly Sheraton Dallas North Hotel by the Galleria)   |
Ranked #32 of 192 Hotels in Dallas
GreenLeadersSilver level
Memphis, TN
“Nice hotel!!!!!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Very nice hotel. We stayed the weekend and really enjoyed our stay. Rooms were very clean. Spacious enough for a family of 4. Weekend breakfast buffet was a plus. Also, parking and internet was free the weekend we stayed, but any other time there is a fee. Close to the mall and stores like Target and Walmart for knick knacks. The Six Flags parks where about 25 to 30 minutes away. Construction made entering the Expressway horrible, but the hotel and staff were wonderful. Beds were super comfortable and welcoming after a long day at the parks.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Odessa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

We stayed for four nights in June. When we arrived Mrs. Kimberly at the front desk took good care of us. I requested a quiet room and she was able to assigned us a room that was exactly what we wanted. The staff as well as Kim were very kind and courtenous. Breakfast met our expectations and the gentleman, the host made us feel at home.
The hotel is very close to Galleria Mall as well as restaurants. The parking was included.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Burleson, Texas, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Booked my room through Hotwire, spoke with the clerk the day before checkin to let them know we would be arriving late. When we arrived at the hotel at 10:00pm they informed us that the rooms were first come first serve and they had given our room away. They did give us a room at the Hilton across the street and free breakfast but it was still an inconvenience. The beds are hard, the breakfast is so so, the air conditioner in our room sounded like a freight train all the time, there was no hot water in the sink to wash my face, construction makes the hotel difficult to get in and out of. Even at the hotwire secret hotel price I wouldn't recommend this location. They have bad business practices! The Hilton was beautiful & the beds were amazing!! Wish my room was there the entire stay.

Room Tip: The 12th floor had microwaves and mini fridge in it.
Green Features: They have recycle bins in the rooms and offer "go green" options by opting out of room service during your stay. If you opt out you get a $5 voucher for each day.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Steven S, Manager at Sheraton Dallas Hotel by the Galleria, responded to this review, June 30, 2013
Dear Traveler,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback in regards to your stay. Im very sorry for the inconveniences that you experienced during your stay. We take feedback seriously and share it with our team to come up with ways to improve our services. If I can assist further in any way please reach out to me and I will be happy to help.

Steven Shanks
Director of Operations
Irving
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

The hotel is nice enough physically but I got a horrible case of food poisoning from a reception I attended there two days ago. I wound up missing an in important all day event yesterday because I was so sick from the the food poisoning this place gave me! The man at the desk took an incident report from me, gave me some free Pepto Bismol from their sundry shop, and carried my bags to my car but I am absolutely livid that I missed this critical all day meeting because of poor hygienic conditions at this hotel's kitchen. I have already recommended to the woman who scheduled the event here that she never use this hotel again for any reason.

Room Tip: Stay at a different hotel.
Green Features: The low flow toilets get clogged up if you look at them funny.
Dear Traveler,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We take allegations such as these very seriously and are conducting an investigation in regards to this. I am very sorry to hear that you became ill during your trip and hope that you are feeling much better. If I can assist further in any way please let me know.

Steven Shanks
Director of Operations
Los Angeles, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

I went for my birthday week end to the Sheraton Dallas Hotel by the Galleria for the first time . i have visited a lot of fine hotels so i know what to look for and what to expect .Entering the parking lot i did not see one piece of trash , beautifully maintained landscaping and free parking on the weekends . Upon entering i was immediately impressed , the lobby is so beautiful and alive with adult professionals lounging about . We sat down before checking in to soak it up , i immediately received a smile and the nod of approval from my better half . when i checked in i was greeted genuine warmth and caring . I felt instantly at home ! Went to the room unpacked and got ready for drinks by the pool . loved it ! had dinner and then we usually stay in the room , but not this time we had to go to the bar for a night cap , the ambiance was irresistible ! we enjoyed ourselves so much ! the brunch breakfast was delicious i really hated to leave .In short fine food and drinks , superior staff , immaculate grounds , lobby and rooms !

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Medora, North Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

This was our anniversary weekend. We purchased a Groupon for this hotel without knowing what to expect. When we arrived, I told the front desk person that it was a special weekend and asked if we could have a room with a nice view. She said she would see what could be done, left the front desk and disappeared for a long time. When she returned, we were given the keys to the PRESIDENTIAL SUITE. What a wonderful gesture, not expected and certainly not necessary! Everything was outstanding. Our accommodations were perfect. Time spent in the concierge room was great. We were able to visit with folks from many part of the country. The breakfast buffet, while not over-the-top, was quite good. This property has been recently renovated. Every staff person we encountered was professional, friendly and truly glad we were there. If we're ever planning to stay at a North Dallas hotel, we won't look anywhere else. Neither should you.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Although we had our car there, it was great getting hotel transportation to and from dinner. The extra glass of wine was really needed.

The full breakfast buffet is great and available for all rooms.

The only problem with staying at this hotel was the road construction.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Been to Sheraton Dallas Hotel by the Galleria? Share your experiences!