“Never Again” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Dallas Hotel by the Galleria

You added Sheraton Dallas Hotel by the Galleria to your Saves list
Sheraton Dallas Hotel by the Galleria
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4801 Lyndon B. Johnson Freeway, Dallas, TX 75244 (Formerly Sheraton Dallas North Hotel by the Galleria)   |
Ranked #37 of 192 Hotels in Dallas
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersSilver level
Orlando, Florida
“Never Again”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

The Westin was booked so I stayed with my family for a week and had nothing but problems. They lost all of our laundry, the key cards to the parking lot never worked so we had to find $10.00 each for both cars every time we left the parking lot, the front desk people and the people that answered the room phones were snobby and very short with us, the bathroom was so small you can't even close the door without moving behind it, they may have spent millions renovating the lobby but they didn't do much to the rooms. I just expected so much more being owned by the same name of the other hotels we always stay in. I will say that one of the bellhops at the front named Derrick was absolutely amazing... We've never had anyone so friendly and happy about their job or willing to go so far to please a guest before... not even when we stay at the Ritz. Derrick was so amazing... he heard my son saying he wanted a hamburger he had heard about and he offered more than once to go out on his own time and bring one back for him. As far as I'm concerned he should be running the whole hotel and teach everyone there to treat guests like he does. So sad that such a wonderful man is at a hotel that I will never stay at with that name again. He needs to go work at the Ritz because he would be more than compensated for his amazing attitude and service he offers to people to make them feel welcome.

Room Tip: It is almost impossible to get to this hotel! The roads are totally destroyed with construction (co...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
SheratonDallasNorth, Manager at Sheraton Dallas Hotel by the Galleria, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear Traveler,
Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post your comments. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our guest services representative Derrick and his attentive service.
I reviewed your comments regarding your stay with us at the Sheraton Dallas Hotel by the Galleria. As a management team, we take all comments seriously and share them with our staff. I do apologize for the issue with parking and your laundry being lost. If your laundry was not returned to you or is still missing please reach out to me and I’ll be happy to assist you. My email address is steven.shanks@sheratondallasnorth.com.

Again, thank you for the comments, which will help us in our ongoing efforts to improve our service.

Steven Shanks, Director of Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Nice Sheraton. They have redone their lobby area with nice seating and computer terminals. Check in very quick. All of the staff was pleasant. Rooms were clean, well appointed. Sheets not the softest, but beds comfortable. Not the easiest hotel to get to. The entire freeway and service roads in that area are under construction. Actually easier to access the parking area from the rear of the hotel. New this time was gated parking with an additional parking fee. I guess they are trying to keep out the riff raff, but sometimes the gates were open for no reason. They charge for in-room wi-fi, which I don't think any hotel should do anymore. Free wi-fi in lobby. Breakfast was included in my room rate and it was more than adequate, many choices. Very convenient to Galleria, just on other side of Tollway. Lots of places to eat nearby.

Room Tip: Rooms on back side of hotel quieter away from freeway noise and construction.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for 4 nights 14-17 Feb and loved the place!
We upgraded to the club level which was a nice touch but the main reason for writing this review was the fantastic customer service we enjoyed from checkin to check out.
The buffet breakfast was good if not a bit manic on the Sat and Sunday due to the amount of guests all converging at the same time!
Shame there was no indoor pool bit we knew this before we booked so no complaints there.
It's clean bright and very well proportioned hotel and in a great location for both Dallas and Fort Worth which is why we picked it...
We would have no hesitation in staying here again on our next trip to the USA.
Thanks to all the staff for being so wonderful during our short stay.

• Stayed February 2013
Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at this property for two nights over the weekend. My husband was in a CrossFit training right down the road, so we chose it based on proximity to the gym. It's extremely clean, the lobby is beautiful, and the rooms are comfortable. Breakfast was included and it was a generic buffet.

Hotel Parking is very easy and lots of options all very close to hotel entrances. It's extremely close to the Galleria which was wonderful since I had so much time to kill. The road systems require you to circle around a few blocks to get on the main roads, but wasn't an inconvenience.

My back, unfortunately, went out and we had already checked out. The staff was very helpful and got me into the same room so I could take care of my back. They charged a nominal fee to extend it, but were most helpful.

I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed February 2013
Tuttle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

The hotel was clean and spacious. It smells wonderful, I don't know what kind of fresheners they use, but from the Lobby to the room, it is always pleasant. We stayed on the 15th floor with access to the Club Lounge and Jeff Cope in the lounge took very good care of us. He was extremely pleasant and very professional. We utilized the shuttle service to go to the Galleria and dining and we also shopped at the outlet mall in Allen, just a short 30 minutes away. Would definitely stay at this location again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

This is a very nice hotel. Rooms were large. Hot breakfast was good and restaurant luxurious. Comfy beds -etc. Location was perfect, but VERY tricky to get to, especially in the dark. I was disappointed at all the xtra costs: $12/day internet, $10/day self parking, 50cents to print a boarding pass. The breakfast might or might not be free based on your package. So be ready to pay more than you expect.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised at how big and nice this hotel was in person. The pics on their website do not give it justice. Superb service, room was big and everything looked brand new. I loved the modern Contemporary furniture and comfy bed.
Hotel is just steps away from upscale Galleria Mall. Will definitely stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Sheraton Dallas Hotel by the Galleria? Share your experiences!