“ok” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Dallas Hotel by the Galleria

You added Sheraton Dallas Hotel by the Galleria to your Saves list
Sheraton Dallas Hotel by the Galleria
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4801 Lyndon B. Johnson Freeway, Dallas, TX 75244 (Formerly Sheraton Dallas North Hotel by the Galleria)   |
Ranked #31 of 190 Hotels in Dallas
GreenLeadersSilver level
Oklahoma City, Ok
“ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2007

We were excited to stay here from all the reviews we read. It is very close to the Galleria- which was nice! We had wine and cheese/crackers awaiting our check-in. (Thanks to signing up for ByRequest)

Rooms lacked style.

Halls were noisey.

Staff was very nice.

All in all...not terrible- but probably wont stay again!

• Stayed December 2007
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
North Little Rock, AR
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2007

I stayed at the Wyndham by the Galleria on a business trip in October 2007. The hotel itself is pretty nice (it used to be a Hilton, apparently) and the location is an easy walk to the Galleria and is a quick cab ride from Love airport.

The pros:

-big, clean rooms with Bath & Body Works bath products.
-an easily accessible business center where it was no problem for me to print out my Southwest boarding pass (at no charge)
-Very friendly, very helpful staff
-A good hotel, though it does permit smoking so be warned if that bothers you
-Nice and close to the wonderful Galleria

Cons:
-No free wireless. I still don't get why ALL hotels don't offer this for free.
-I had a busted wake-up call button on my phone (it rang busy.)

Those are pretty minor complaints, though. The hotel was great for business travel, and a very comfortable place to stay overall.

Stayed October 2007
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2007

This stay was great from start to finish. The gracious staff and amenities made up for the parts of the hotel which had not yet been renovated.

Although I arrived early my room was ready and they allowed me to check in. They apologized that my snack and beverage were not yet in the room and that they had not yet put my hospitality basket [for the event I was attending] in the room. They offered to have a staff person carry the hospitality basket to the room for me.

When I returned from lunch and a little bit of sightseeing they had placed a bottle of wine, a box of crackers, cheese, a bottle of water, a pretty glass plate, a cloth napkin, silverware and a wine glass in my room. The wine, cheese and crackers were all high quality products. There was enough that I and my roommate used them for a light lunch the next day.

Saturday morning we ate in the restaurant. About the time that the waitress should have been serving our breakfast she appeared very apologeticlly. The cook had just told her that they were out of smoked salmon [an ingredient in my omlet] and would I like to substitute something else or order another dish. I ordered another dish and it was out very quickly. Not only was my breakfast comped but also my roommate's breakfast was comped.

Saturday night when we arrived back from the dinner and party there was a voicemail message. The manager had called to find out if I needed any help the next day when I was leaving. She also wanted to know how my stay had been and if there had been any problems.

Sunday at noon [check-out time] the hotel system shut off the key cards for all the rooms. They called the event host without prompting and apologized. They offered to make new key cards for anyone who needed them until they left.

• Liked — gracious staff
  • Disliked — nothing to walk to although staff would graciously drive you
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
Seattle, WA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2007

This hotel was fine - but not great. Nothing particularly special about the room - and the reception area was about as warm and comfortable as a mausoleum.

Stayed September 2007
Helotes, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2007

My family of 4 stayed in a "junior suite" for the second time in 2 months. The condition of our rooms was excellent both visits.

The hotel staff were very good in general. The service from the desk people and room service were excellent for a hotel of this price range during both our visits. Our requests for room service were delivered within 10 minutes every time.

The (2nd visit) desk person lowered the price of our room when when we checked in because my wife had mentioned (when she booked it online) we had stayed there a few weeks earlier for a much lower price.

The bad stuff: the main restaurant had slow (but friendly) service. Standard hotel fare. The restaurant and pool areas both need a rehab. We did not need to be located near a major consumer mall. The overall location was convienient for us, though.

Other than Internet access (standard free direct cable connect and WiFi) I did not use the business facilities of the hotel but they appeared to be first class.

• Liked — combination of price/ room accommodation/staff service
  • Disliked — restaurant ceiling and pool entry way
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Helsinki, Finland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2007

I stayed there as a delegate at a Dallas Telco Convention.

High quality ambiente, perfect convention atmosphere. Large room, with classic dark furniture. Huge breakfast in traditional manner, light lunches available. Liked the garden. Good location I you want to avoid downtown.

Would like to come back

• Liked — Service
  • Stayed March 2006, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Nashville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2007

My wife and I stayed here for a long weekend for the two of us. We primarily chose it b/c it was the best price for a hotel room near the galleria.

Most of the hotel is pretty nice but I was a little disappointed in the room just b/c the decor seemed very outdated. Other than that the
room was fine from everything working right, comfort of beds, noise, view, etc....

Given that you pretty much need a car to get around Dallas (unless you want to spend a lot of money on taxis), proximity to Galleria really wasn't all that important after all. We found ourselves driving so much to get anywhere that we could have stayed somewhere else and made the Galleria just another place to stop by.

There is a restaurant within a short drive of the hotel named "Three Forks". I had one of the best meals ever in my life there and would encourage you to stop there at least one night.

• Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Sheraton Dallas Hotel by the Galleria? Share your experiences!