“Always loved the property...” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham Dallas Suites - Park Central

You added Wyndham Dallas Suites - Park Central to your Saves list
Wyndham Dallas Suites - Park Central
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   7800 Alpha Road, Dallas, TX 75240 (Formerly Crowne Plaza)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay 2+ Nights, Save 25%
Ranked #44 of 192 Hotels in Dallas
GreenLeadersBronze level
Dallas, Texas
“Always loved the property...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

The room was a big suite with plush towels and comfortable beds. The upscale and tasteful decor was the same as when I used to stay when it was a Crown Plaza 6 months to a year ago. Very inviting from the time you step into the lobby and that's why when it was Crown Plaza, I was a regular guest. However, now that is changed their policy is different. Where as before you paid $50 credit card deposit for incidentals or a $100 cash deposit(avg for most hotels) now it's a $50 DAILY deposit. So if you stay for a week you'll have to pay an additional $350 for a deposit. I've been checked out for 4 days and my funds still have not been released. Please note that I did purchase the room on expedia for $80 so that may have been the cause of inconvenience. The clerk stated that I could call expedia and get a refund if I did not want to pay the deposit but I was extremely exhausted from a long night of travel so of course I declined the refund of the hotel fee and just paid the deposit. Seems as though they really don't want discounted guest to stay at their property which is confusing since I already paid $80 and only because of the hotels presentation, otherwise I would not pay a dollar over considering the hotel is in the heart of one of the most "illegal activity" areas in Dallas and surrounded by the "motels" that house all of the characters. Besides the outrageous deposit, this hotel is an okay place for conferences, parties, and meetings at the bar(the bartender was very nice).

• Stayed March 2013
DHendrix, General Manager at Wyndham Dallas Suites - Park Central, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thank you for your review and I am sorry to hear about your experience. We work to keep our accounting standards to the industry standards, and we will certainly take a look at our current policy to make sure it makes sense.

Thank you again and I hope you wil give us another opportunity in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Keller
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Good visit. like the hotel - the area is a little rough but it served our purposes just fine.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

DHendrix, General Manager at Wyndham Dallas Suites - Park Central, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Thank you for your review and I am glad you enjoyed your stay.

I hope you will choose the Wyndham Dallas Suites on your next stay.
Mc Kinney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

I had a stay on march 2nd 2013,i often go on a 1 day retreat to a nice hotel away for relaxation from work,kids,etc. this particular weekend there was a cheerleading convention. I must say it was not enjoyable at all,there were kids running everywhere,i almost fell over one carrying my gag. I didnt get any rest at all. The next morning feeling very unrested i called and talked to the manager on duty Ken,with no hesitation he offered me another stay and was very apologetic he made my moring alot better just by easing my frustration.i did come back on 3/9/13 i must say i experienced the most relaxing day,was very impressed with the quality of the room and service. Thanx to Ken and Wyndham

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

DHendrix, General Manager at Wyndham Dallas Suites - Park Central, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Thank you for your review and your kind comments regarding Ken. I will make sure to pass on your comments and congratulate Ken on a job well done.

I also appreciate you giving us another opportunity and I hope you stay with us again soon.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

I reside in Lubbock, Texas. I stayed at the Wyndham Valentine's weekend from the 14th - 16th. The room was very appealing. It was a refreshing get away. On my check day, I bought me and my kids breakfast and sat my change on the counter (which was about $75).On my way to pick up my mother, I realized that I left my change in the room. I called and told them abt the money on the counter. They checked the room and said that no money was found. I called the manager that following Monday and told him what happened. He called me back and told me that they did a full investigation and still did not find any money. I told them that I know that I left it there. He told me that if I have anymore questions give him a call. They didn't even try to accomodate the fact that the money was gone. That was my money to get back home with. No offer to try to compensate all or atleast some of the money that I went back for. Not even a free night. What would you do in my situation?

• Stayed February 2013
Thank you for your review and I am sorry to hear about the situation with our room. We do have a strong policy and specific training for our associates for our lost and found.

Once again, I do apologize and I hope you will give us another opportunity in the future.