“TBRU 19” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #78 of 192 Hotels in Dallas
Irving, Texas
“TBRU 19”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

Another wonderful stay, but I concur with what several of my friends have written--the room HVAC systems need overhauling. I had mine's thermostat set @ 68 degrees & it was still hot in my room. The hotel's engineer did come up & fix it though.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Jeff-Wood-GM, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Dallas Market Center, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Dear Pcrabtree,

Thank you for staying at the Crowne Plaza Dallas Market Center during the TBRU 19 event. We appreciate the wonderful review and we are glad you enjoyed your stay. We are sorry to hear about the issues with the HVAC system, this weather isn't helping either having to change extremely just within a 24-hour period. We are glad to hear that our Engineering team fixed it right away. Sorry again.

We hope to see you again next year for TBRU 20! Thank you again for staying with us!

Jeff Wood

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Philippines via Chicago
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

I stayed there as a part of a conference. The front desk staff were worthless. I'm sorry to say that , but every time I asked them a question they gave me the wrong answer. The room had a broken chair, someone else's round black hair was all over the shower, which I found out eventually poured all over the floor.

They had a shuttle to the mall. I took it. They dropped me off and then I realized the mall was CLOSED! I found an open restaurant. They were able to call me a cab for me.\

The carpets are worn. This hotel needs a make over.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the elevator. It's quite loud in that area.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear Trainerstone,

Thank you for taking time to leave feedback about your recent stay. We are extremely disappointed that we fell below your expectations. These concerns have been addressed and reviewed so we can prevent them from happening again. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. Your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit. Thank you again for your sharing this. We hope that you would give us another chance to make it up to you.

Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

I have stayed at the Crowne many many times. The staff calls me by name when approaching the front desk, makes your feel at home. My recent stay was for an event that i was apart of and things I feel went every well, especially compared to last year. There are a few area that need some attention, mainly the AC in the hotel rooms. The last several times that I have stayed there i had to have the AC worked on in my room. And I am really sad to see the hot tub gone from the pool area. This whole area needs too be worked.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Jeff-Wood-GM, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Dallas Market Center, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Dear Kevin S,

Thank you so much for always staying at the Crowne Plaza Dallas Market Center and for being so loyal. We are very glad to hear that you can feel the genuine hospitality of our staff as we are really like family here. Regarding the pool and the A/C, we are so sorry for the inconvenience. We are doing our best to better accommodate our guests.

Thank you again for staying with us. Looking forward to your next visit!

Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

Overall, a terrific experience. The guests greatly missed the hot tub and the a/c in the pool has still not been fixed/replaced. I concur with lowering the ceiling and adding meeting space above the pool.
The room HVAC units need an update/overhaul. I did trip several times over the "hills" in the carpet in the ballrooms. Hopefully the carpet will be replaced soon or restretched.
On the positives, a huge kudos to Sharlonda, Carol, and Betthany for making our event a huge success. We could not do what we do each year without them and all the teams. A special shout out to Betty for her bright smile each morning and overall cheerful personality. I look forward to seeing her each year.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Jeff-Wood-GM, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Dallas Market Center, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Dear Rob M,

Thank you so much for for taking time to write a review about your recent stay. We appreciate your wonderful compliments about Sharlonda, Carol, Bethany, and Betty at the Front Desk. We do take pride in providing only the best customer service.

Your concerns about the pool, the carpet, and the A/C, thank you for bringing these issues up. We are still making changes and are doing our best to better accommodate our guests. Thank you again for staying with us. Looking forward to your next visit!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

The staff was outstanding! The rooms really need up to date AC systems, I had to call engineering and even then my room was never really cool. I liked the idea of an indoor pool but it really needs some improvements.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with good AC
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Jeff-Wood-GM, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Dallas Market Center, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Dear GeorgeTX1969,

Thank you for taking time to write a review about your recent stay with us. We appreciate you for sharing to the other travelers that our staff is outstanding. Thank you for also letting us know about your concerns about the property. We are continuously making changes to accommodate our guests better and these comments help us do so. Thank you again for staying with us. Have a wonderful day!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

I truly enjoyed my stay at the hotel. All staff bent over backward to satify our needs.

was in room 2004 and there was this constant humming noise. That might need to be looked into. As most of the reviews state the pool area could use a few updates.

overall the stay was wonderful a I expect to stay at the holel every time I have to stay over in dallas.

wonderful job to the entire staff and management

• Stayed March 2014
Dear Bchaser46,

Thank you for staying at the Crowne Plaza Dallas Market Center and for taking time to write a review about your experience. We truly appreciate the great compliments you shared about our staff and the Management team. We are thrilled that your overall stay was wonderful. Thank you again. We are looking forward to welcoming you back on your next Dallas trip!

Arlington, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

Recently completed a 5-day stay. Rooms were clean with comfortable. My window faced the south and room AC could not keep up with the winter sun coming into room. Im guessing the rooms would be quite warm in the Summer. Hotel ballroom carpet is warn and needs replacement. The hot tub in the pool area was removed since my last visit. I would be nice to update the pool area.

Food service and hotel staff are excellent. Custom make breakfast was amazing.

Room Tip: Chose a room on the north side of the hotel to avoid sun heating
Dear Steve G,

Thank you so much for staying with us during your 5 nights in town. We appreciate your comments about our excellent staff and amazing breakfast. We are glad to inform you that we will be replacing the ballroom carpet soon. Thank you again for staying with us. Have a wonderful day!

Jeff Wood

Been to Crowne Plaza Dallas Market Center? Share your experiences!