“Not bad, but nothing special” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Weekend Savings!
Ranked #67 of 190 Hotels in Dallas
Sherwood
“Not bad, but nothing special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

I stayed at this hotel with some friends and we booked multiple rooms for a weekend trip to Dallas. We chose this hotel primarily because we found a great deal online. The hotel is a great value at $64 a night which we paid, however I would not pay much more than that for several reasons. The location of the hotel is not that great, it is in a sketchy part of Dallas and getting on and off the freeway depending on where you are going can be a little confusing. We went to Six Flags and if you plan on going there it is really far from the park. However if you plan on going out to clubs like “Escapade” it is very close, even though cab rides coming back from the night club are a complete rip off! I would suggest setting up a time and fare before just hoping into a cab to or from any local night club around the area of this hotel. The rooms are not that bad and a fairly clean but the hotel itself and some of the rooms have an odd smell to them, like a weird wet damp smell. My room was clean on the 12th floor but even my room smelled weird. I requested a king bed and I got double beds instead, and I was too tired the night I checked in to even go back downstairs to complain so I just improvised since it was just a 2 night stay. The TV in the room did not work the first night with most of the channels being offline from the cable service and most of the TVs in the rooms are located in an odd place towards one side of the room and not in the center of the room, which makes it hard to see the TV unless you are in the bed directly in front of it. On a positive note, the staff is friendly, the hotel is big and does have a plenty of amenities like an indoor pool and a bar down in the lobby which had good drinks, the A/C works great in the rooms, we used the business center (although only 2 computers) to print our Six Flags tickets, and the rooms have great views of the city. I would only recommend this hotel if you are looking for a good value place to stay in Dallas and that is close to Dallas Love Field Airport, but this property lacks extra flare that other higher end brand of the hotels, and some of the other people that were staying at the hotel may not be the family friendly kind of guests you may be used to at other hotels. I give it an overall 3.0 stars, if you can afford to splurge a little more on a nicer hotel I would recommend you give other hotels in Dallas a second look, if you need a good value place to just crash and don’t plan on spending too much time at the hotel, then this may be a decent place for you.

Room Tip: make sure you confirm the type of room you booked when you check in at the front desk
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Jeff-Wood-GM, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Dallas Market Center, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear Hector M,

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. We strive to create a comfortable environment and a great hotel our guests will love. We do have changes coming very soon that will replace our public area carpet and all of the furniture and we are in the planning stages of making upgrades to our guest rooms as well. I invite you back to see those changes for yourself. If I can be of any assistance to you during your future travels to Dallas, please do not hesitate to reach out to me at drobinette@pacificahost.com

Best regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

OMGI LOVE JOSEPH-b!!!!!!(AKA JOSEPH bIEBER!!!)-----This guest services agent is so awesome! We stayed here on May 31-June 2/2013. Joseph is so personable, he goes the extra mile to accomodate guests needs, communicates very well, is so polite, takes an interest in the guests new puppy and gives great advice regarding animals. I really hope this guy goes far in the Crowne Plaza company and gets promoted to cooperate level. Omg this guy is so sweet, he even held our new puppy! Tia T. and Mike

Room Tip: CHECK IN only with Jospeh B....who wouldnt want the ease of checking in with a guy that looks like J...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Jeff-Wood-GM, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Dallas Market Center, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Dear TLCY702,

Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your recent stay. I was thrilled to hear that you are such a big fan of Joseph B! I will absolutely pass on your comments and his new nickname! If you are ever in the Dallas area again, please do not hesitate to reach out to me at drobinette@pacificahost.com and I will be sure that you are all taken care of.

Arvada, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

I hate this hotel. This is my third stay here and it will be my last. I have gotten stuck with it using Priceline each time. Filthy. Needs renovations badly. There is no way it is a 3 star hotel. More like two. Toilet seat broken. Filth on the walls. Stains on sheets. All the wood on furniture chipped. Bad location. Stay somewhere else.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Jeff-Wood-GM, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Dallas Market Center, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Dear Kmethvin,

Thank you for your feedback regarding our hotel. Your experiences are definitely not to our normal standards. Very fortunately, we rarely see feedback like yours but appreciate you taking the time to call these things to our attention, so that we may make changes to continually serve our guests better. We strive to create a comfortable environment and a great hotel our guests will love. We do have changes coming very soon that will replace our public area carpet and all of the furniture and we are in the planning stages of making upgrades to our guest rooms as well. I invite you back to see those changes for yourself. If I can be of any assistance to you during your future travels to Dallas, please do not hesitate to reach out to me at drobinette@pacificahost.com

Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

The staff were excellent, great room rates for UT Southwestern visitors. Had a few glitches along the way but the hotel staff went above and beyond to remedy them. Fly into love field, they will pick you up!

• Stayed May 2013
Jeff-Wood-GM, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Dallas Market Center, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Dear Samantha V,

Thank you so much for your recent review of the property. I was thrilled to read that the staff was accommodating through the glitches along the way. We always try and be proactive and anticipate our guest's wants and needs but sometimes we have to be reactive. I was very happy to read that we reacted in a way that was to your satisfaction. If I can ever be of any assistance to you during your future travels to Dallas, please do not hesitate to reach out to me at drobinette@pacificahost.com I hope your interview went well, good luck!

Prosper, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

The employees were all very helpful and friendly. The rooms were very nice. I had four ten-year-old girls and two twelve-year-old girls. They had a really good time at the pool and swam the night away. The pool area was very nice with an outside patio. This stay was exceptional!!!!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Jeff-Wood-GM, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Dallas Market Center, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Dear Courtney R,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent experience in our hotel. I am very happy to hear the kids had so much fun and you all enjoyed the pool and outdoor patio. If we can ever do anything for you in the future, please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly at drobinette@pacificahost.com

austin, tx
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

This property is much better than the one I stayed in Colorado Springs. Complimentary breakfast is included and is better than most continental breakfast in other hotel brands.
Be aware of some of their hidden charge i.e. incidental charge which was never mentioned when I checked in. I found out after I checked on my credit card statement. I was told that it would go back to my credit card in few days. Overall it was a nice hotel to stay when you visit Dallas area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Jeff-Wood-GM, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Dallas Market Center, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Dear yellowlabaustin,

Thank you so much for your recent review of our property! we are thrilled that you enjoyed your accommodations and breakfast. We genuinely care about each of our guest's stays and want them to be meaningful and memorable. The authorization on your credit card for the potential incidental charges is something we authorize so that you may freely enjoy the pay-for amenities of the property. I will follow up and ensure we are expeditious with releasing the authorization if you can email me your stay details at drobinette@pacificahost.com

Again, thank you for your review and we look forward to having you as our guest the next time you are in Dallas!

Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

The hotel lobby is a lot nicer than expected, especially considering the bland exterior. This hotel was recently updated, but the age of the hotel is very apparent when one looks closer.

The room itself was clean and smelled fresh. I always do a dust test on a shelf up high, and in this case the TV armoire was perfect place: as I wiped my finger across the top, dust flew everywhere: Fail. However, the rest of the room was very clean and pleasant. I assume the maid is short and they have not provided her a tool to dust high places.

The bed was old and not comfortable, but the sheets and bedding were clean and pleasant. The bathroom was updated nicely, but had a residential style toilet that required you to hold the handle down for several seconds to get it to work. Shower was clean, but the curtain hooks were covered in rust.

The thermostat was quite interesting to say the least- I attached a picture and it appears to be from the 1970's. Options are warmer or colder- that's it. A digital thermometer should be standard by now- this is supposed to be a Crowne Plaza.

Anyway, the breakfast was nice, people were friendly and I would return. Please tell the owners to upgrade the elevators before it breaks, cover the water pipes in the bathroom and come into this century with basic infrastructure.

• Stayed May 2013
Jeff-Wood-GM, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Dallas Market Center, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Dear Ribs_whiskey,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent experience at the Crowne Plaza Dallas Market Center. We rely on guest feedback to ensure we provide a welcoming and warm environment for everyone, and as such, monitor forums like TripAdvisor for current guest comments. I have brought your situation to the attention of the property management team and I am happy to report that we will be doing some retraining with our housekeeping staff, we are adding digital thermostats to all of our rooms and several other enhancements to the property are forthcoming including updated lobby carpet and furniture. We remain committed to providing the best experience to every guest, and should your travels bring you to the Dallas area again, we welcome you to return to our hotel. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at drobinette@pacificahost.com

Been to Crowne Plaza Dallas Market Center? Share your experiences!