“Greta hotel experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #78 of 192 Hotels in Dallas
Palestine, Texas
“Greta hotel experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

My first stay was in December 2012. The stay was just wonderful. Very pretty decor, very nice quite rooms, clean. beautiful lobby,great food -lovely dining area and Very friendly staff.

Since December I have stayed twice and have had lovely experiences each time. The staff are so friendly when you come in. I have to compliment especially Mr. Hernandez, the lady at the front desk very early in the morning, the pepper gray gentleman in the evening and Mr.Joe Ocha.After my stay I contacted the hotle for information and Mr.Ocha immediately reponded to me, was very kind and so helpul.

The firendlinest of the staff makes me want to return there.

The products they leave as samples in the room are very high end-very nice products that compliment your spa like experience in the privacy of your room.

It is my hotel for the Dallas area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Jeff-Wood-GM, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Dallas Market Center, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Dear RHigh,
Thank you for always staying with us here at the Crowne Plaza Dallas Market Center. We are very pleased to hear that you love our décor, our rooms, our restaurant, and most importantly our lovely staff. It’s always so nice to hear our guests enjoying their stay with us because of great customer service. We will definitely let Mr. Hernandez, Mr. Ochoa, Betty, and Juan know about the wonderful things you’ve said about them. It is our pleasure having you as our guest. Come back and see us again on your next trip to Dallas!

Jeff Wood

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Fort Collins
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

This is the perfect place for any gentlemen who's looking for that something extra. This hotel is located in a neighborhood where , there is street walkers on one side and a strip club on the other, and an alley full of crack heads. The rooms were outdated, and again the carpet looked and smelled 20 yrs old. Plastic material is what covered the couch and chair in our room. Very strange. The basin in the bathroom was new, however the the tub was years old. The flat screen tv was new as well. This was suppose too be a romantic evening for me and my boyfriend considering it was Valentines day. Our rooms view consisted off heads bobbing in the parking lot. This wasn't a good experience. We will never book again...We did book thru pricleline and they bookmark this hotel as a 3 star. We would give this a 1 star hotel. Horriable

Room Tip: If your looking for cheap company and a should be pay by the hour hotel the the crown plaza market...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Monica M,
Thank you for taking time to write a review about your recent stay. We’re very disappointed to hear that your stay wasn’t what you expected it to be. We have talked about it in the staff meeting and we will investigate what those plastic materials were covering your couch and chair because we don’t have anything covering our furniture. Regarding the location and the people around, this is an industrial area and we mostly get business travelers. Again, thank you for your feedback and we apologize that you weren’t pleased with your stay. Have a wonderful day.

San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

My stay at this hotel was because a seminar I was attending was held there. The room rate was good, and the staff were very friendly and accommodating. I was always greeted by employees with a smile and a nice "Hi, how are you today." The one person I will always be grateful for was Harold, the shuttle driver. I did not know that the hotel offered a shuttle and when I came down to inquire, he was there and greeted me. Told him I was interested in a shuttle to the airport and he informed me that he was the man to speak to. This hotel also offers shuttle service not just to the airport, but also to places within a five mile radius of the hotel. Harold was polite and courteous and really knew the area. He took me to a place so that I could have dinner away from the hotel and then when I called, he came to pick me up. The day I was to leave, I checked to make sure I was still on the list to go to the airport at 5:00 and although there was a mix up and my name was not there, Harold said that no matter what, they would get me there, even if he had to take me in his personal vehicle. Although that did not happen, I did learn that the hotel's smaller shuttle had broken down on the freeway that morning and the larger shuttle was left with no gasoline!!! All that aside, Harold was very eager to help out and even though his day was not going too well, he was upbeat and in great humor. I would definitely stay at this hotel again, just so that I could see Harold. This man is a treasure in the Crowne! Yes the room was clean, the service was great, but Harold was the highlight of my stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Jeff-Wood-GM, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Dallas Market Center, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Dear Stephanie J,
Thank you for taking time to write a review about your recent stay with us. We have shared your wonderful comments about our staff especially about Harold to the rest of the team and they are very pleased to hear how you enjoyed your stay because of them. Harold sure is a treasure and we would like to keep him for as long as we can. We are glad that you liked your overall stay including the rate. We are looking forward to seeing you again in the near future. Have a wonderful day.

Elk Grove, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Visiting from California. We stayed two nights,February 03-05,2013.The room was very large and comfortable. The front desk was very helpfull each time we needed them.
A very friendly and informative shuttle driver picked us up from MEPS on Monday and took us to the airport on Tuesday. He does a excellent job and deserves a big pat on the back for the job he performs.
The restaurant and bar are good.The menu is small and exspensive.
As noted before nothing is in walking distance and the shuttle on Sunday would not pick us up from Amtrak.$23.00 with tip to get from Amtrak to hotel.

Room Tip: We were on the 21st floor and it was very quiet. The elevators are very noisey while riding in them...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Jeff-Wood-GM, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Dallas Market Center, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Dear McCaffrey,
Good Day here from the Crowne Plaza Dallas Market Center! Thank you for visiting us from California and taking time to give us a wonderful review on your recent stay with us. We appreciate all the nice things you said about our spacious and comfortable rooms. Our Front Desk and Shuttle Drivers will be thrilled to hear yet another great feedback for them being accommodating. We hope to see you again soon. Have a wonderful day!

East Aurora, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

I stayed at the Crowne Plaza from Jan. 22-24, 2013, for business. While traveling to the hotel, a couple of the buttons on my winter coat fell off. I saved the buttons hoping to sew them on later. After I checked into the hotel, I called the front desk hoping they might pick up my coat and send it to a local drycleaner to mend the buttons. Frankly, I thought I would be directed to a local cleaner or tailor, nothing more. But Chuck at the hotel's front desk surprised me. He not only accepted the coat and asked the drycleaner to sew the loose buttons, but also had the drycleaner check the remaining buttons and clean the coat. The coat looked terrific when I received it. And Chuck and his manager waived any fee.

Likewise, "Mo" (sp?) at the hotel bar was terrific. He was attentive, and even gave my colleague a couple of Sam Adams beer glasses that my business partner enjoyed drinking from.

The people at this hotel are helpful and conscientious!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Jeff-Wood-GM, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Dallas Market Center, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Dear Bill P,
We truly appreciate you sharing this experience with the other travelers. Chuck and Mo were pleased to hear their names mentioned on Trip Advisor. I cannot stress enough how important it is to get reviews like this to keep us all motivated to provide only the best customer service. Thank you for your feedback. Come visit us again on your next trip to Dallas.

Pittsburgh, PA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

A bit of a disclaimer. The night before staying at this Crowne Plaza, I stayed in a newly renovated Courtyard Marriott in another state. So my hopes were high.After all, in my mind, a Crowne Plaza should be head and shoulders above a Courtyard.

Sad to say, that wasn't the case. The lobby and restaurant/bar area were fine and the front desk staff were courteous, cheerful and prompt. I was OK until I landed on my floor. The elevator doors opened to the 8th floor, which smelled terrible. As someone who has had cats as pets, the smell was very close to a cat urine smell. Not sure if it was a water problem, a cleaner problem or what, but it was awful smelling and noticeable throughout my two night stay.

Thankfully, the smell didn't enter my room. This is where the age of the property showed itself. Old style HVAC system that did a poor job of moving air but an OK job keeping temperature. The fixtures and furniture were old, although at least there were enough outlets for the various electronic devices we all carry today.

The bed was a let-down, not the usual plush mattress I'm used to with the Crowne Plaza name. The noise factor due to adjoining room design wasn't that bad, but it was a factor one night. The workout facilities and pool were very tired looking, but everything was working during my stay.

This hotel's plus is that it is close to Love Field and getting to where you need is pretty quick due to the highway system around Dallas, as long as it isn't rush hour. There are some other restaurants around, as long as you have a car. There is nothing within safe walking distance besides a gas station or a Jack in the Box and even those pushed my limits of safe and I'll usually walk anywhere to avoid the hotel restaurant. Although I did have breakfast one morning and the staff was courteous and helpful and the food was good, although still rather expensive.

Sorry, but I can't recommend this property and I hope my company doesn't put me here again until it's been renovated. It's not worthy of the Crowne Plaza standards in my mind.

Dear Frompitpa,
Thank you for sharing your experience on your last stay. We are very sorry we did not meet your expectations. All the issues have been brought up to all department heads to follow up. We are however doing a lot of changes to better accommodate our guests. Thank you for sharing how courteous, cheerful, and prompt our staff was. We really value your feedback so we can improve the areas that need special attention. We hope you give us another chance to make it up to you. Again, we apologize for any inconvenience we may have caused you. Have a great day.

Fortpierce,Fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

The rooms were nice and clean and very spacious,all of the attendants were nice and helpful and very convient to every thing i was well pleased with everything i will come back i reccomend this hotel to anyone thats looking for a nice hotel to stay in, in dallas tx you will get great service try it!

Room Tip: The view from the higher floors is awesome!
Dear Michelle P,
Thank you for staying with us on your last trip to Dallas. We are so glad you loved our spacious rooms and appreciate the wonderful things you shared about our staff. We are so happy hearing great things about our all around service; it’s what keeps us motivated. Thank you again and we’re looking forward to your next visit. Have a wonderful day!

Jeff Wood

Been to Crowne Plaza Dallas Market Center? Share your experiences!