Bad weather cancelled my flight to Detroit on a Friday afternoon, so over a late lunch at Truluck's Seafood restaurant on McKinney Ave I realized I would need a hotel room in Dallas for one night. As I looked out the window I saw the handsome façade of the Rosewood Crescent Hotel across the street and booked a room there with ease through the internet and my iPhone. The Crescent® "is considered Dallas’ première multi-purpose business complex," and has elegant shops, restaurants, bars, art galleries and the Rosewood Crescent Hotel itself. When you enter the hotel, you are struck by the beauty of its lobby. There is no bar, but there is cocktail service in the comfortable seating area,. The Japanese restaurant chain Nobu is there, and for breakfast you have the Conservatory restaurant. For dining you may enjoy the private and luxurious Crescent Club across the courtyard which I shall review separately. The Rosewood is not a new hotel, but I found it calmly reassuring. My room was quiet and comfortable, with a handsome desk, free internet, and a reading chair. It has a 1990's feel to it, like the old fashioned tub-shower in the bath, and although the rooms could use a sprucing up, I have no complaint. There was a modern flat screen TV, 2 queen size beds, a nice view over the Crescent Court, luggage racks, good wardrobes, bathrobes, soft colours and excellent bedding. It was too cold to use their beautiful outdoor pool, but I loved the large fitness center. The Spa services look very professional. After breakfast on Saturday, I spent the morning at the desk catching up on emails, and ordered coffee from room service - excellent coffee! The staff had been very helpful, polite and cordial for my brief stay,particularly the concierge. All in all, this proved to be the nicest and most comfortable hotel I have known in Dallas. Call me old-fashioned, but I would happily return, as it was a welcome break from the cold modern types I have been staying at mostly during my most recent trip. I felt "at home" in the Rosewood Crescent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Large, modern-style hotel comprised of ten types of Italian and Spanish marble. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Rosewood Crescent Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rosewood Crescent Court Dallas
- Rosewood Crescent Court Hotel Dallas
- Crescent Hotel Dallas