“Very pleasant stay at the Rosewood Crescent Court Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Complimentary 3rd Night
Ranked #16 of 193 Hotels in Dallas
Meyreuil, France
“Very pleasant stay at the Rosewood Crescent Court Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Bad weather cancelled my flight to Detroit on a Friday afternoon, so over a late lunch at Truluck's Seafood restaurant on McKinney Ave I realized I would need a hotel room in Dallas for one night. As I looked out the window I saw the handsome façade of the Rosewood Crescent Hotel across the street and booked a room there with ease through the internet and my iPhone. The Crescent® "is considered Dallas’ première multi-purpose business complex," and has elegant shops, restaurants, bars, art galleries and the Rosewood Crescent Hotel itself. When you enter the hotel, you are struck by the beauty of its lobby. There is no bar, but there is cocktail service in the comfortable seating area,. The Japanese restaurant chain Nobu is there, and for breakfast you have the Conservatory restaurant. For dining you may enjoy the private and luxurious Crescent Club across the courtyard which I shall review separately. The Rosewood is not a new hotel, but I found it calmly reassuring. My room was quiet and comfortable, with a handsome desk, free internet, and a reading chair. It has a 1990's feel to it, like the old fashioned tub-shower in the bath, and although the rooms could use a sprucing up, I have no complaint. There was a modern flat screen TV, 2 queen size beds, a nice view over the Crescent Court, luggage racks, good wardrobes, bathrobes, soft colours and excellent bedding. It was too cold to use their beautiful outdoor pool, but I loved the large fitness center. The Spa services look very professional. After breakfast on Saturday, I spent the morning at the desk catching up on emails, and ordered coffee from room service - excellent coffee! The staff had been very helpful, polite and cordial for my brief stay,particularly the concierge. All in all, this proved to be the nicest and most comfortable hotel I have known in Dallas. Call me old-fashioned, but I would happily return, as it was a welcome break from the cold modern types I have been staying at mostly during my most recent trip. I felt "at home" in the Rosewood Crescent.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the courtyard, which is enjoyable to view and quiet.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
washington, DC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

I checked into this hotel for a business trip and found the room to be old and a tad out dated. The thermostat was filthy and looked like it had never been wiped down. Bathroom was ok, room was ok. Staff was very friendly but not an upscale hotel at all. The one positive was the bed was very comfortable. I would prefer not to stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
East Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

This is a gorgeous hotel. But unlike other hotels where you feel pampered by the amenities, this place does not have a comfortable feel. The worse thing was no coffee or tea in the room; and ordering a cup of coffee through room service is about $20 after all the fees and gratuities added. My co-worker received a bottle of water on the nightstand, but I didn't have one. I could hear the people through the walls in my room. Despite a thermostat in the room which I adjusted several times, the temperature never exceeded 63 degrees. The hallway was extremely warm and I was afraid to ask for it to be turned up for fear it would be too hot at not to sleep; but it would have been nice to warm it up a bit to get ready in the mornings. If you are looking for flash or to impress someone, this might be the place for you.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Crescent for NYE 2012

We had a lovely overnight at the Hotel Crescent on NYE. We had a last minute plan change on NYE, and found ourselves scrambling for a new plan the day before.

The Hotel Crescent had a NYE package that included a party at their social club. It was a great time, live music, bar was included in the package, we had a blast.

The room was very comfortable, linens were out of this world, the room was quiet, the bathroom large, with very nice toiletries, etc. Everything you'd expect for the price. The service was fantastic, from the front desk, to the bellman, to the concierge, everyone was perfect, and anticipated our needs and made suggestions proactively. They were great.

No lowlights, it was a excellent stay, and we'll be looking for a reason to go back. Plus Nobu, one of our most favorite restaurants, is on site, so that's a bonus!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Sao Paulo, SP
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

We choose Rosewood for our first visit to Dallas and it proved to be a good choice! I was travelling with my husband and our 2 kids (ages 3 and 5). The staff was really nice. My husband enjoyed one day at the spa, which is very chaming and gym well equiped. Due to the cold weather it was great that we could have dinner at a very nice restaurant (Nobu) without having to leave the hotel, and our server there was really kind as to accomodatte our requests and prepare something out of the menu for the kids. We also enjoyed dinner at the Palomino, one of the restaurants on the court just outside the hotel - food was delicious and staff really nice with the kids.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Carrollton, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

My wife and I try to schedule a trip to The Crescent at least once a year. It is a great 'staycation' destination! We always take advantage of The Spa - the massages are are the best. The hotel is close to many of the best downtown locations for dining & entertainment - many within walking distance. We visited the new Klyde Warren Park and Perot Museum of Nature & Science, which are mere blocks away. It is a bit pricey, but worth it.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Shreveport, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Great location in Dallas near exellent restaurants and shoppping. Best staff, always accommodating. Beautiful lobby and wonderful spa. We always book this hotel when traveling to Dallas as they treat us like family.

Room Tip: Suites are beautiful but some have spiral staircase with a bedroom upstairs which means that all lug...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends