“Good choice!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 188 hotels in Dallas
Sao Paulo, SP
“Good choice!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

We choose Rosewood for our first visit to Dallas and it proved to be a good choice! I was travelling with my husband and our 2 kids (ages 3 and 5). The staff was really nice. My husband enjoyed one day at the spa, which is very chaming and gym well equiped. Due to the cold weather it was great that we could have dinner at a very nice restaurant (Nobu) without having to leave the hotel, and our server there was really kind as to accomodatte our requests and prepare something out of the menu for the kids. We also enjoyed dinner at the Palomino, one of the restaurants on the court just outside the hotel - food was delicious and staff really nice with the kids.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

230 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Carrollton, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

My wife and I try to schedule a trip to The Crescent at least once a year. It is a great 'staycation' destination! We always take advantage of The Spa - the massages are are the best. The hotel is close to many of the best downtown locations for dining & entertainment - many within walking distance. We visited the new Klyde Warren Park and Perot Museum of Nature & Science, which are mere blocks away. It is a bit pricey, but worth it.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Shreveport, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Great location in Dallas near exellent restaurants and shoppping. Best staff, always accommodating. Beautiful lobby and wonderful spa. We always book this hotel when traveling to Dallas as they treat us like family.

Room Tip: Suites are beautiful but some have spiral staircase with a bedroom upstairs which means that all lug...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

The hotel needs a good amount of work. The carpets are old and they look dirty. Service is slow. The only good thing is the Restaurant NOBU. We were 8 couples, and they all complained about the state of the hotel.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

I really enjoyed our stay at this hotel. The room was very nice - there was a juliette balcony that opened onto the courtyard, which had a nice waterfall. There is a high-end department store at the property. The concierge, Ashley, was fantastic and always went above and beyond for us. She was really impressive. The male concierge (in his 40s), not so good - I thought he was lazy and provided the least amount of effort in his service, which is unacceptable for a hotel of this caliber. The car service was also nice, though the car was not always available and we had to get a taxi back on two occassions. The hotel is in a very nice and safe area. There is a trolley that takes you uptown to the West End Village, which is a cute shopping area. There are many restaurants nearby.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
McKinney, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

My husband and I use this hotel as our "stay-cation" spot here int he Dallas area. Whenever we need a "time out" of the suburbs, we travel to the city to take in the happenings and stay at the Crescent. What an oasis! The spa is top-notch, and the service throughout the hotel is worth the price. Would stay here again and again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

We made a reservation with this hotel over 2 months ago, for one night for a wedding. We live in Chicago, and several weeks ago realized we wouldn't be able to make it to Dallas. I called and cancelled, and then 3 days before the wedding I called to make sure our name wasn't in their reservation system. They assured me it wasn't. I didn't get the name of the person I spoke with, but do have the cell phone records of the date and time I called.

Our credit card was charged anyways, and the woman on the phone at the Crescent, who works in accounting, was extremely rude, and said that if we didn't have our cancellation number, or the name of the person who we spoke with, that it was "too bad" and we would have to pay up.

I'm really turned off of this place and can't believe the poor quality of customer service, I was treated like garbage by her. Is this some scam that I am doing? Running around making reservations for weddings at hotels, then not showing up and then claiming that I cancelled, when really I didn't? I'm shocked at how poorly we were treated over this matter. There was obviously an error somewhere along the way, and our reservation was not properly cancelled.

The manager is away on vacation, and apparently there is no one else at the hotel I could speak to in the meantime. Really?

For such an expensive, upscale place, they really do treat their customers like crap, and care more about making money off them, then providing quality service.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Rosewood Crescent Hotel? Share your experiences!