“Needs restoration” 2 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Ranked #15 of 191 Hotels in Dallas
“Needs restoration”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

The hotel needs a good amount of work. The carpets are old and they look dirty. Service is slow. The only good thing is the Restaurant NOBU. We were 8 couples, and they all complained about the state of the hotel.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

I really enjoyed our stay at this hotel. The room was very nice - there was a juliette balcony that opened onto the courtyard, which had a nice waterfall. There is a high-end department store at the property. The concierge, Ashley, was fantastic and always went above and beyond for us. She was really impressive. The male concierge (in his 40s), not so good - I thought he was lazy and provided the least amount of effort in his service, which is unacceptable for a hotel of this caliber. The car service was also nice, though the car was not always available and we had to get a taxi back on two occassions. The hotel is in a very nice and safe area. There is a trolley that takes you uptown to the West End Village, which is a cute shopping area. There are many restaurants nearby.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
McKinney, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

My husband and I use this hotel as our "stay-cation" spot here int he Dallas area. Whenever we need a "time out" of the suburbs, we travel to the city to take in the happenings and stay at the Crescent. What an oasis! The spa is top-notch, and the service throughout the hotel is worth the price. Would stay here again and again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

We made a reservation with this hotel over 2 months ago, for one night for a wedding. We live in Chicago, and several weeks ago realized we wouldn't be able to make it to Dallas. I called and cancelled, and then 3 days before the wedding I called to make sure our name wasn't in their reservation system. They assured me it wasn't. I didn't get the name of the person I spoke with, but do have the cell phone records of the date and time I called.

Our credit card was charged anyways, and the woman on the phone at the Crescent, who works in accounting, was extremely rude, and said that if we didn't have our cancellation number, or the name of the person who we spoke with, that it was "too bad" and we would have to pay up.

I'm really turned off of this place and can't believe the poor quality of customer service, I was treated like garbage by her. Is this some scam that I am doing? Running around making reservations for weddings at hotels, then not showing up and then claiming that I cancelled, when really I didn't? I'm shocked at how poorly we were treated over this matter. There was obviously an error somewhere along the way, and our reservation was not properly cancelled.

The manager is away on vacation, and apparently there is no one else at the hotel I could speak to in the meantime. Really?

For such an expensive, upscale place, they really do treat their customers like crap, and care more about making money off them, then providing quality service.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Great location. Walking distance to trolley, downtown and McKinney Ave filled with restaurants and shops. Clean, safe, upscale area. Gorgeous downtown skyline. We have been a client for years and will still keep coming back. Hotel is beautiful and has a garden/atrium area with flowers and a fountain. Staff is wonderful...everyone from the front desk to sales staff and banquets. Sue Rivers and Samantha Dugger are wonderful work with. Would highly recommend. Kind, professional Texas hospitality.

Room Tip: Atrium view is beautiful.
Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
DFW Metroplex, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Stayed here on a fun trip downtown and really loved the service. The hotel was perfect everything well kept, top notch worth every penny! You can't go wrong with a stay here! The convenience store across the street has great breakfast tacos and burritos BTW. If you stay Saturday night, Starbuck's isn't open Sunday morning so don't forget to ask for extra coffee @ the front desk.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Santa Fe, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

I had a weekend get away with my partner on August, 2012. We drove from Santa Fe ,NM to Dallas. I have to say that I was very impressed with this astonishing hotel. The Crescent Court is a beautiful building and stand up from the other ordinary buildings in Downtown Dallas. It's a luxurious property with a wonderful staff.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Rosewood Crescent? Share your experiences!