“Fantastic Hotel Superior Staff!” 5 of 5 stars

4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   400 Crescent Ct., Dallas, TX 75201 (Oak Lawn)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #22 of 190 Hotels in Dallas
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Fantastic Hotel Superior Staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2012

Just spent three nights at the Crescent and it was fantastic! From the moment I called to book the room to driving away the service i received from a extremely knowledgeable and friendly staff was exceptional. Tara at the front desk was very helpful and got the perfect room at a very fair price. I used the concierge for several things. I called ahead and spoke to Ashlee who helped me with some surprises for my lady friend. She was fantastic and everything went off without a hitch. the room was large and well appointed. the bed was super comfortable and the bedding was soft and comfortable as well. we had spa appointments and they were perfect. we were pampered and very relaxed when we left. The Crescent is a fantastic elegant hotel but the service and the staff are the true stars. I have stayed at many "five star" properties and the level of service and the attention to detail and competence of the staff is rivaled by none. Next time I am in Dallas I will definitely choose to stay at the Crescent again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Adrian_Norbury, Public Relations Manager at Rosewood Crescent, responded to this review, March 14, 2012
What a great review. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I know the team will be thrilled to hear yor comments and we will certainly give a special note of thanks to Ashlee and Tera.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Director of Marketing.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

Built in the 80's, the Crescent has weathered recessions, an on slaught of new hotels in Big D. Through it all, it has continued to be the jewel of the uptown Dallas district. Class, elegance and superb customer service continues to set this hotel apart from its competitors. The price is fair, cleanliness and attention to detail is exceptional. Whether sitting in the lobby for cocktails, strolling through the exterior garden area or ordering room service, you feel special. The spa is fabulous, as well as the work out facilities. Sitting in the midst of the hip uptown district just walk across the street to take the historic trolley and visit the Dallas Arts District or any of the great restaurants along McKinney Ave. NOBU is a special treat as well and is located off the main lobby of the hotel. Charming, classy and elegant to say the least. It's a special place.

Room Tip: a corner room overlooking the uptown area is unique
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Adrian_Norbury, Public Relations Manager at Rosewood Crescent, responded to this review, February 22, 2012
Wow. I couldn't have written it better myself. Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay. I know the team will be thrilled when I share your comments with them.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2012

The best: fab restaurant Nobu is inhouse. Means good diner + late drink and nice sleep.
Large and classy hall. Helpful staff
Large rooms and corridors, modern bathroom, fresh furniture, quiet ambiance (clearly not a place to party).
Going there twice year, no need to look for another place. A good and fair stay for great value.
Complimentary wifi.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Adrian_Norbury, Public Relations Manager at Rosewood Crescent, responded to this review, February 20, 2012
Thank you for your comments. I'll make sure our team sees them and pass this on the the team at Nobu. I appreciate you taking the time to write a review. We'll look forward to your return.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2012

The hotel is in a great location, is very clean and has very friendly staff. The room service was especially memorable, as was the friendly sushi chef we had at Nobu (connected to the hotel lobby). The rooms were simple - clean and spacious, with very comfortable beds.

It isn't the best choice if you're looking for intimate or charming as it is in an office complex, but is great for amenities. One strange thing is that the housekeeping staff arrived to clean the room at 8:30am, which seemed odd - we had to ask them to come back. Also, there were some administrative hiccups upon check-out, but it was nothing too serious.

Room Tip: The views from the rooms are very limited and overlook offices and parking lots. I would try to get...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Adrian_Norbury, Public Relations Manager at Rosewood Crescent, responded to this review, January 23, 2012
Thank you for your kind review. I know the team is motivated by great feedback and I appreciate you taking the time to share this.

Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2012

Every year, a large group of us stay at the Crescent Court for a week professional activities. This is my 5th year. The desk staff are friendly and efficient making checkin and checkout efficient. The rooms are spacious and the minibar fairly well stocked. The beds are VERY comfortable! It is within walking distance to a variety of great restaurants, regardless of your culinary tastes, including a Nobu Japanese restaurant off the lobby. I have never used their spa services. The hotel staff are quite attentive. However, I did get annoyed by the" turndown service", which was almost routinely around 8:30 or 9 pm. Now there are other high end hotels nearby (like the Ritz only a block away), which should increase the competition and improve the service. Don't expect "good views" form ANY of the rooms. You pretty much be looking out at the entrance drive and an office building on one side of the hotel or a small courtyard and a shopping building on the other side. Nothing scenic around it.

Room Tip: If you are on the 2nd or 3rd floor, up to (even side) rooms 312 or 314 or so, you are going to have...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
st. louis MO
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2012

I visited the Crescent spa last week for an afternoon of pampering. I was greeted at the entrance and was a given a tour of the spa - not too impressed. It was very bright and didn't seem cozy and warm like a spa should be. I used the whirlpool, but the room felt very run down. I then proceeded to my massage which though the massage itself ws great the atmosphere was horrible. The spa is underground which my massage room ws under valet - so every car that passed through you can hear the walls/door shake. It was very annoying and not pleasant. Even my massage therapist apologized many times for the noise.
So if you want a relaxing experience at a spa - I don't recommment the Crescant.

Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Adrian_Norbury, Public Relations Manager at Rosewood Crescent, responded to this review, January 16, 2012
I am so sorry to hear your experience was less that perfect. We pride ourselves on delivering great service and a great experience overall and clearly we failed on this occasion.

If you could contact me directly I would be happy to host your return visit so that we can try to correct your poor opinion of our spa.

Thank you for your feedback and I'll look forward to hearing from you.

214 871 3250
Fort Worth, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2012

My husband I stayed at The Rosewood Crescent Hotel for one night. We chose the hotel based on it's location. We love uptown because of the restaurants and bars. Hotel Zaza and THe Ritz wanted over $300 a night so I opted to stay at Crescent Court for $216.

We have visited the hotel multiple times while staying at Hotel Zaza or the Stoneleigh Hotel, both within walking distance, and have been impressed with the elegant lobby and courtyards. We love Nobu and enjoy the bar at Palominos so it was nice to have both right there, just steps from our room.

The room (Superior King- lowest level room) itself was quite ordinary. The decor was uninspired but we did enjoy having a small balcony (only large enough to stand and look around.) Everything was spotless and the housekeeping staff was very friendly and thorough. We didn't feel like we were being pampered in luxury but we certainly didn't have anything to complain about either. The Valet staff was very busy but still managed to take our car and deliver our car in a very timely fashion.

Overall, it was a pleasant stay and we would return if the room rate is better than that at Zaza or the Ritz.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Rosewood Crescent? Share your experiences!