“Nice room , Pleasent service no follow through” 3 of 5 stars

4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   400 Crescent Ct., Dallas, TX 75201 (Oak Lawn)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #21 of 190 Hotels in Dallas
San Diego, California
“Nice room , Pleasent service no follow through”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2011

All in all a very nice hotel and convenient for business with good convention style rooms. The check in and food service were always on the spot. Unfortunately on several occasions they just missed the mark. The key was not programmed for my room correctly and locked me out. The cleaning person completely missed my room the next day followed by the failure to pick up my shoes for the "complimentary polishing" even after a call and reassurance from the front desk. These are all just minor things.. the only real irritant was the TV that took several minutes to warm up and switch form the default screen to chosen channel (not an exaggeration) every time you turn it off. Suggestion.. just leave it on.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Adrian_Norbury, Public Relations Manager at Rosewood Crescent, responded to this review, October 24, 2011
Thank you for your review.

I am so sorry we fell short of your expectations and as you say "missed the mark' on some service issues. Our goal is always to exceed expectations and so I will definitely share your comments with our front office and housekeeping teams so that we can improve our service levels.

I understand your frustration with the TV. Unfortunately many hotel systems have a delay due to the bundling of regular TV with pay per view movies and other information channels. It is an issue we will certainly address when we look for service providers in the future.

I am glad overall your stay was a pleasant one.

Director of Marketing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Argyle, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2011

We stayed here a year ago for our wedding night, and wanted to return to relive the magic of that night - and we couldn't have been happier.

The staff were ever helpful, and we stayed in the room across from the room we had a year ago and it hasn't lost any of it's magic - my wife loved the many balconies the room offers.

The bathroom is special, and we had so much room we would stay for longer if we could!

We tried the spa on-site, and weren't disappointed. All the staff, like their hotel counterparts, were attentive, friendly and couldn't have been nicer.

All-in-all, the Rosewood did not let us down and we plan on returning for many more anniversaries to come!

Room Tip: Call to reserve; you'll get better choices/options/prices
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Adrian_Norbury, Public Relations Manager at Rosewood Crescent, responded to this review, October 19, 2011
Thank you so much for your kind review. We share all our reviews with our team and I know they will appreciate your comments.

Thank you for taking the time to share your review and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2011

Overall, a pleasant experience. Love the Grohe shower head and huge towels. Loads of hot water. Room service was spot on. My spa experience was excellent. Turndown the first night was terrific; not so the second night. Room was a bit small for two people. Valets could have been more attentive.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Adrian_Norbury, Public Relations Manager at Rosewood Crescent, responded to this review, September 27, 2011
Thank you for your kind words. We share all feedback with the team to help us improve our service.

I will certainly let our valet team they need to be more attentive. I apologize for this shortcoming in your stay and hope you will try us again on your next visit to Dallas.

Kind Regards

Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

I stayed for 3 nights in August 2011. The size and decor of room was fine, however the bathroom was average. The bathroom robes had hair on them. Room service messed up the orders three times. The front desk did waive the charges for one breakfast.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Adrian_Norbury, Public Relations Manager at Rosewood Crescent, responded to this review, September 19, 2011
I apologise that you were less than satisfied with your stay at Rosewood Crescent Hotel.

We take all feedback on the hotel seriously and strive to improve our standards at all times. If you could contact me to discuss the shortfall in service during your stay I would bee happy to investigate where we fell short of your expectations.

214 871 3250
North Bethesda, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2011

I stayed here for three nights on a business trip in June. I travel often and this is one of the nicer hotels I have stayed in. The rooms are spacious and the beds comfortable. Nobu is in the hotel and amazing! The restaurant for breakfast is also really nice. The gym/spa are second to none. I don't have any negatives to report. Excellent hotel.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011 via mobile

The Crescent is a fantastic hotel. I have lived in Dallas all my life and stayed at a number of local hotels and resorts, and this one easily ranks in the top 3. The rooms are well-appointed and very comfortable. The common areas are gorgeous. The location of the hotel is perfect - still in the hustle and bustle of downtown but just out of the way of the traffic. The service here is what sets it apart from other places. The staff did everything they could to make sure my wife and I enjoyed our anniversary.

Negatives: Internet access is $9.95 and you'll have to shell out $24 for valet parking.

Don't miss: the pool! It's beautiful, and the number of guests is kept to a minimum. Luxurious.

Breakfast at The Conservatory was also very good. See if you can book a package that includes this. It's served til 11am, so you can sleep plenty late!

• Stayed July 2011
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011 via mobile

This hotel provides a unique boutique experience with the speed, selection and style of a major facility.

The staff and location are the obvious highlights. The rooms are very comfortable and the bathroom products are second to none.

The spa and workout area is as good as you'll get anywhere.

• Stayed April 2011

Been to Rosewood Crescent? Share your experiences!