Save Saved
You added Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Dallas Love Field (Medical Center) to your Saves list
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Dallas Love Field (Medical Center)
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2383 Stemmons Trail, Dallas, TX 75220 (Formerly Courtyard by Marriott )   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Book early and Save 20%
Ranked #20 of 188 Hotels in Dallas
Henderson, Nevada
“Very average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I wrote a review last night before I spent my first night here and I decided to delete my review and re-write it. So now that I have spent a night here, I changed my opinion.

For starters, when you pull up to this place, it's hard to know you're in the right place. There is no name on the building, no sign when you pull up (the sign is actually on one side of the building which you can't see if you come in from the opposite side). I parked in a very limited parking area, pulled my belonging out of the car and checked in. They were very friendly at the desk which was a positive and the lobby looked very nice. Maybe they recently renovated it, not sure, but upon walking in, it looked pretty nice. After I checked in, I was told to go back to my car, drive around and enter through the gate to get to the elevator to get to my room. So I dragged my belongings back to the car and pulled around. Doesn't sound bad, but I have a bad back so wasn't fun.

Rooms were ok. Nothing exciting, but overall, ok. Carpet is pretty dirty and bathroom could use come updates, but no real complaints. I always look for presence of outlets for all my devices. There was one next to the bed and one by the desk, which was enough. Although they were both very loose and not sure if they worked, but they did.

The bed at first felt fairly comfortable was after sleeping on it, found it to be pretty hard and not very comfy. Some may like a firmer mattress, but I do not. The air in the room was quite cool and worked well, but what I found is that if I kept the air on the whole time, the room was way too cold. So the air came on periodically during the night and was so loud when it came on that it woke me up every time. Needless to say, I did not have a very restful night.

Woke up this morning and the first thing I do is make coffee. No luck. There was no regular coffee in the room, just 2 packages of decaf. I called the front desk (about 6:30am) and spoke with a gentleman who I honestly could not understand one word he said. He was Indian possibly, but had such a strong access that after I asked him to repeat himself 3 times, I still could not understand a single word he said. But apparently I was not getting my coffee. That meant I had to shower and then go downstairs to get it. Not what I wanted first thing in the morning.

The shower was ok. Very strange though - the inside liner was so short, that even though it had magnets on the bottom to hold in place, it was too short, so didn't work. I know that may seem nit-picky, but just very weird to me. And the light in the sink area? A bit lame, hardly enough light to see what you're doing when you put on your makeup.

A few other things that I suppose were positives. Microwave and fridge in the room - always nice for me. Decent tv. Internet was pretty quick. Balcony outside was nice too.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

What a gem near to Gas Monkey Bar and Grill far better than hotels in the area. Even provide a free shuttle to and from the bar. Great staff good service. I am in the the Airline industry and service is important. Here the service was superb real focus on the customer.
Paul

Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW via mobile

We stayed with some friends at this hotel and was very great on the service. The early check in was pricey but overall its the service that matters and great it looked for a low price... Now id like to give a shoutout to Shree he was the one that checked us in and was able to give us a little hookup on the price and to choose which floor we want so he was very kind to let us do the picking and him doing the servicing so overall it was great!

• Stayed September 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I was staying in Dallas for the Labor Day weekend, and I ended up staying here. I got there late at night, so it was dark outside. I was a little bit confused by the place, as it had two gates on each side of it. I parked in a spot outside the gate, and went to check in. I probably could have parked right in front of the place, but I didn't want to be blocking anyone. I check in and am told that the gates are for security. They gave me a key card which allowed me to get through the gate, and park. I then enter through the side door with the key card. I liked the set up. Coming and going to the room was discreet.

I ended up in the room on the other side of the elevator. I could hear the elevator go up and down, but it wasn't that big of a deal. Guests were up late, and were fairly loud from where I was staying. I was up late myself, so it wasn't a big deal. There is a courtyard in the back, that has a fire going at night. It was nice to sit outside by the fire with some of the other guests.

I needed to get ice, and was told the ice machine was upstairs. I had to use the elevator to go up one floor, to get ice, and then come back down. It was a little bit of an inconvenience, however, that was one of the fastest elevators I had ever been on. Speaking of ice, the ice bucket in my room was left with dirty water in it. It was the only thing that was wrong with the room.

The shower was hot, the internet was fast, and the refrigerator was neatly placed in a cabinet. The view out my patio door was to the parking lot. I was able to park right outside my window, so I could watch my car. It's not like I needed to with the locked gates,

I had the continental breakfast both days I was there. Hot sausage patties, scrambled eggs, biscuits and gravy, milk, orange juice, donuts, bagels, cereal, and even the do it yourself waffle machine was there.

I worked out in the fitness center. I did some cardio, and lifted some dumb bells before going to the pool. I had a good time getting sun, and cooling off in the water.

I had a guest come visit and a phone call to my room, and both times they asked the people the name the room was in before they allowed the call or person into building.

All in all it was good stay.

Room Tip: Try to get a room at least on the second floor, away from an elevator.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled solo
Agawam, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed here from Aug 26-Sept 2, 2014 with a friend of mine. The hotel itself was in good condition, WiFi worked great, breakfast was good but if you show up a minute past 9:30, you will not get breakfast as the staff removes everything exactly at 9:30am. Some days, one of us didn't get to make waffles as there was a line for it but at 9:30, everything gets removed.
The rooms were clean and everything was working condition (ex. mini fridge, AC, iron, hairdryer, coffee maker..)
The bed was very comfortable.
The parking lot is gated so we felt safe.
The pool looked like it needed cleaning (we didn't use it but saw it from our balcony).

I only had one issue, the last night of our stay, our room was cleaned only half way. My friends' bed was made but mine remained the way I had left it that morning and we didn't get our shampoo/conditioner/lotion refilled. It was strange how only half the room was cleaned.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Little Rock, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

It was our 4 days 3 nights stay in Country Inn for our vacation n the experience with them was excellent. Manager was taking care of all the guests personally in the hotel. He made it sure that we should not face any kind of discomfort during our stay. The rooms were neat n clean and the staffs were approachable n helpful. The most important which I liked about our stay was the secured parking, we'll recommend this hotel to our friends and family. Thanks for making our stay so wonderful.

Room Tip: If you are going with your family then Opt for 2 Bedroom suite because the rooms are quite big n the...
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Stayed here with my friends and everyone liked it. Altogether very good hotel in all segments. The breakfast was good, hotel staff is quite friendly and the best part is quick room service. Service of reception was extremely satisfying. It is very easy to approach the hotel manager.

We booked three rooms but since one of our friend could not join us at last moment the manager agreed to cancel the reservation and did not charge a single extra penny. Lots of covered gated parking space. The wifi connection was super fast.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Dallas Love Field (Medical Center)? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Dallas Love Field (Medical Center)

Address: 2383 Stemmons Trail, Dallas, TX 75220 (Formerly Courtyard by Marriott )
Location: United States > Texas > Dallas
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( Wi-Fi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#4 Best Value Hotel in Dallas
#13 Family Hotel in Dallas
#51 Business Hotel in Dallas
Hotel Class:3 star — Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Dallas Love Field (Medical Center) 3*
This contemporary hotel off I-35 (Stemmons Frwy) and Northwest Highway is centrally located in DFW Metroplex, within minutes of Dallas Love Field Airport (DAL) which you can easily get to and from with the free hotel shuttle. As a guest of this pet-friendly hotel, you'll appreciate convenient services like a Business Center, a state-of-the-art Fitness Center and free Wi-Fi throughout the property to help you keep up with your routine in Dallas. The hotel's hot breakfast buffet is complimentary and serves something new every day, while Dallas's famous "Restaurant Row" is within easy walking distance.Many area attractions are accessible by DART Train, so you can take a ride to the Dallas Market Center, American Airlines Center or Cowboy Stadium. Pick your favorite restaurant to enjoy when you're done shopping at North Park Mall or Galleria Dallas, or depending on the season, attend a football game at Dallas Fair Park, home to the Cotton Bowl Stadium. At the end of the day, you'll be glad to return to your modern, spacious hotel room or upgraded suite at the Country Inn & Suites Dallas-Love Field (Medical Center), TX.100% Non-smoking facility ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Tingo, Priceline, Carlson, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Venere so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Dallas Love Field (Medical Center) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Courtyard By Marriott Nw Hwy At Stemmons/i-35e Hotel Dallas
Courtyard Hotel Dallas
Dallas Courtyard
Dallas Marriott
Courtyard Dallas

If you own or manage Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Dallas Love Field (Medical Center), register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.