“Nice place to stay if you need a good size room” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Dallas Love Field (Medical Center)

Save Saved
You added Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Dallas Love Field (Medical Center) to your Saves list
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Dallas Love Field (Medical Center)
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2383 Stemmons Trail, Dallas, TX 75220 (Formerly Courtyard by Marriott )   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Book early and Save 20%
Ranked #22 of 188 hotels in Dallas
Kempner
“Nice place to stay if you need a good size room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I have stayed at the this hotel twice this year and have been happy with my stay there. Even though they are a little off the highway and hard to find without a GPS it is worth the stay. The main thing I like about this hotel is that the rooms I was given both times had two separate bedrooms with their own bathrooms. The first time I stayed there the room actually had a big living room between the bedrooms. Each room had its own balcony so if you are a smoker or you just like relaxing in the evening enjoying the weather this is your place. Although the hotel seems like it has been there a while it has been kept up really well and it is gated, which gives you a little more secure feeling. The hotel staff is very friendly and the hot breakfast in the morning is not bad. All I can say is give it a try.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

87 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

My family and I stayed at this Hotel from my brothers college graduation. I made the reservations for the family to help with the ease of everything. I was a little worried that since I made the reservations it would be hard for my family to get their rooms. THIS WAS A PIECE OF CAKE. My father arrived first and was greeted by a young woman named Ebony. Ebony not only made the process easy but made some other arrangements for my family and upgraded my family and I to a suite (of course with additional rooms for other family members). I had a problem with my towels not being clean but I called downstairs and they took care of it RIGHT AWAY. I wasn't pleased with the Hotel itself BUT because of Ebony's exceptional customer service we would go back. We are big on this! Thank you Ebony! You made our familys stay at Dallas an easy stay!!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Amarillo, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Clean updated rooms with friendly staff and wonderful grounds. Excellent breakfast. The rooms are all non-smoking but there are lovely patios and balconies and common sitting areas with smoker poles. I know there are others out there who still enjoy a smoke (or two) and this hotel was perfect.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Wylie, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My family had the pleasure of recently spending two nights at the Country Inn & Suites. The stay was brilliant! The hotel cannot be faulted in any way. No doubt remains with my family that we have found our new weekend getaway spot, and, indeed, we will be returning to this lovely hotel for another stay soon.

The grounds are well maintained. Guest parking is secured and gated, and a valid room key is needed to access the parking area. There is only one way in to the parking and one way out, so guests have to drive around the entire back of the property to exit. The building entrances are also secured and require a valid room key to unlock, so my family felt very safe at this property.

The exterior of the hotel is gorgeous, with beautiful landscaping at every turn. The location is just off Interstate 35E at Northwest Highway in Dallas, so the property is easily accessible. There are a great many other hotels in the immediate area, and there are restaurants galore within walking distance or a short drive.

If you have stayed at a Country Inn & Suites before, then you are familiar with the standard vibe of this variation of the Carlson properties: homey lobby with fireplace, bookshelves with the Read-and-Return books, a staircase to the second floor, and coffee and cookies for guests. With that in mind, you will be pleasantly surprised with the complete change of style at this Country Inn & Suites. This particular property was formerly a Courtyard by Marriott, and the Carlson group have done a masterful job at keeping the trendy feel of the former building occupant. The lobby is, frankly, breathtaking. Dark wood, recessed lighting, bright splashes of accent color, and lots of seating on many different levels of the lobby. It certainly doesn't feel like a Country Inn, and I love the departure from the ordinary.

Upon checking in, my family was upgraded to a two room suite. Essentially, the suite consisted of a sleeping room with a king size bed and an adjoining sitting room with a fold out couch.. Both rooms had separate bathrooms. Room 212 was the sitting room and Room 214 (considered to be part of Suite 212) had an accessible bathroom. Each room had its own air conditioner controlled by a digital wall thermostat, and each room had a balcony. The rooms have undergone the recent upgrade and refreshing supported by Country Inns & Suites, and the upgrades truly were the stars of the rooms. The bed linens were pristine. My wife and I are both fans of a duvet nestled between two flat sheets, and that is exactly what the bedding was. Neither room could be faulted in any way.

WiFi is available throughout the property. The speed of the Internet was reduced somewhat due to the multiple connections made to it by all of the hotel guests each evening, but during the day it was fast.

Complimentary breakfast is another of the hallmarks of Country Inns & Suites, and this property had a terrific spread for guests. Each morning that we were there, hot scrambled eggs and sausage patties were on the buffet. One morning, the buffet had diced hash browns, and the next morning, we saw biscuits and gravy. There is a variety of cold cereals, hot oatmeal, yogurt, waffles, toast, bagels, danishes, and a variety of fresh chilled fruit. The coffee bar was kept stocked throughout our stay, and both hot chocolate and a variety of teas were also available alongside the coffee.

The shining gem of this property has to be the courtyard area. With loads of relaxed and comfortable seating around, a fire pit, and an outdoor pool, guests can unwind in an area that is not accessible by or even visible to people who are not staying at the property. Therefore, there is a sense of privacy and seclusion that comes when enjoying this area. Guest room balconies do overlook the pool area, though, so it is not completely secluded. The indoor jacuzzi, located near the pool, is, unfortunately, permanently closed.

My family wants to recognize three star employees who we encountered during our stay. First off, Amit Patel made our stay truly enjoyable. He ensured that our room was comfortable and acceptable. We passed him a couple of times in the hallway, and we were warmly greeted each time. Mr. Patel is exactly what we would expect from a manager of a Carlson property. Next, both Ebony and Francesca are stellar employees at guest reception. Ebony immediately recognized my family as Club Carlson members (something that rarely if ever happens with us anymore), and both she and Francesca were constantly inquiring if there was anything that they could do to make our stay more comfortable. The housekeeping and maintenance staff that we saw were smiling and greeted us in a friendly manner. There was one small glitch with the accessible toilet in that the toilet seat was loose. Maintenance was on the spot within minutes and had it fixed in moments. This is not a problem in any way, and we were pleased that it was addressed so quickly.

All in all, our expectations were certainly exceeded during this stay, and we are looking forward with great anticipation to the next time that we will be staying with our new friends at the Country Inn & Suites.

Room Tip: If you would rather not hear the shouts and laughter from pool guests, request a room that doesn'...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Jackson, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights in early June. What stood out right away was the excellent customer service at the front desk. We were upgraded to a king suite which had a nice view of the courtyard/pool. Having two full bathrooms in a hotel room was definitely a first time for both of us! The beds were pretty comfy, and the continental breakfast was outstanding. There are several horseshoe booths in the lobby where families can eat and watch tv! The hotel has obviously had some renovations done, which makes this hotel an even better value. While the hotel is in a pretty good location (>5 minutes from DART station, >2 minutes from several food options), there is a lot of construction going on near the hotel. It's not a major inconvenience however. This hotel is a GREAT VALUE!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I have stayed at many hotels travelling for business and my enjoyment of my stay is determined by the front desk staff. In this case the staff went out of their way to make sure my stay was comfortable. 2 staff members in particular, Shree and Francesca did an outstanding job making us fell welcome. This hotel used to be a Marriott Courtyard and has just recently become the Country Inn and Suites. The rooms a comfortable and provide the amenities for business or personnel travel.

Room Tip: If you can book a courtyard room with a view of the pool during the summer months.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Iowa Park, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

me and some friends went and stayed here for 2 nights we had two seperate rooms. the hotel is very nice updated and clean the stay is fantastic very friendly and helpful. rooms were clean and well stocked. has a hidden fridge so that was nice we both had balconies. mine faced the pool which was easy to get too the fire pit outside was great. the beds were so comfortable. the hot breakfest was open til 930 am which constist of eggs sausage biscuit and gravy, fruits cereal, danishes and waffles. milk juices. we were surly surprised. check out was at noon so that was nice. they do have a gated entrance to the rooms so that was real nice. close to waffle house and ihope and someother places like joes crab shack. . i definatly stay there again. also all u do is go to front desk and ask for towels for the pool and they will bemore than happy togive u some . yes the price was a little higher than the hotels right next door but the gated entrance and the over all of the hotel is well worth the little extra money

Room Tip: this is not a high class place but they sure make u feel as it is.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Dallas Love Field (Medical Center)? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Dallas Love Field (Medical Center)

Address: 2383 Stemmons Trail, Dallas, TX 75220 (Formerly Courtyard by Marriott )
Location: United States > Texas > Dallas
#4 Best Value Hotel in Dallas
#13 Family Hotel in Dallas
#48 Business Hotel in Dallas
Hotel Class:3 star — Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Dallas Love Field (Medical Center) 3*
This contemporary hotel off I-35 (Stemmons Frwy) and Northwest Highway is centrally located in DFW Metroplex, within minutes of Dallas Love Field Airport (DAL) and Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport (DFW), which you can easily get to and from with the free hotel shuttle. As a guest of this pet-friendly hotel, you'll appreciate convenient services like a Business Center, a state-of-the-art Fitness Center and free Wi-Fi throughout the property to help you keep up with your routine in Dallas. The hotel's hot breakfast buffet is complimentary and serves something new every day, while Dallas's famous "Restaurant Row" is within easy walking distance.Many area attractions are accessible by DART Train, so you can take a ride to the Dallas Market Center, American Airlines Center or Cowboy Stadium. Pick your favorite restaurant to enjoy when you're done shopping at North Park Mall or Galleria Dallas, or depending on the season, attend a football game at Dallas Fair Park, home to the Cotton Bowl Stadium. At the end of the day, you'll be glad to return to your modern, spacious hotel room or upgraded suite at the Country Inn & Suites Dallas-Love Field (Medical Center), TX.100% non-smoking facility ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Tingo, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Dallas Love Field (Medical Center) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Courtyard By Marriott Nw Hwy At Stemmons/i-35e Hotel Dallas
Courtyard Hotel Dallas
Dallas Courtyard
Dallas Marriott
Courtyard Dallas

If you own or manage Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Dallas Love Field (Medical Center), register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.