Let me give you the "low down" on this particular property. Are you ready? Here goes.......First of all........if you don't already know. Dallas is going through MAJOR....and I mean MAJOR highway construction. There are sharp turns. Detours you must take to get to any restaurants and one car lanes. You must be a skilled driver or have someone else in car navigating where you should go when driving. So expect to get lost. It can be confusing to get to and into the hotel. All of the construction took away the experience of touring Dallas. Downtown Dallas is very beautiful at night.
I chose this particular hotel due to the extra amenities offered like the patio setting outside, but it was too cold to use. Staff even mentioned they dont even know how to turn on the firepit. Also the hot tub was closed. If you are a Clubcarlson member this hotel requires 38,000 points for a free night in comparison to other Dallas properties that start at 9000 points and up. I felt like I totally wasted my points at the property.
The Hotel: The lobby has been completely revamped. Very art decoded. There is an entertainment room in lobby with huge flatscreen. An added plus. This is a huge property. This is not your typical Country Inn and Suites. It appears to have been another property name before changing to Country Inn. You can tell by the decor in the hallways. This hotel has an electrical gate all over the property. When entering it looks more like a condominium property. There is a slight smell in the hallways. Management must be aware of this due to Scent dispensers located on the walls. But it doesnt seem to help much.
The front desk (Franscesc*) was very inviting. She was sitting at the desk. Which I appreciated. I hate it when I have to wait for front desk to come around corner or when front desk hides in the back and doesnt come to lobby desk until they see a guest in their camera in the back. So, I dont care if front desk is standing or sitting at the lobby desk, I just want to see that someone is "sailing the ship". However, the whole evening, she was the only employee I saw.
The beds are not pillow top beds. There was lots of electrical outlets available for a variety of electronics. There are fridge and microwave in the room. The flatscreen is 32 inch--cheaper model. The room has a balcony with 2 chairs on it. There was a thermostat control on the wall, but it was blank. I had to use the older wall unit. When you turn all lights out, the fire alarm does blink a slight while light. I found out that hotel mgmt. can do nothing about that as this is the fire regulation. It does not make a sound, it just blinks. Towels are not bright white. Room appeared to be very clean. Water pressure in shower is mediocre. Room is decorated art decode. Not your typical Country Inn standard. Overall a good property but not the homey country feel of all the other properties and the points to redeem for a free night are overrated.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Nw Hwy At Stemmons/i-35e Hotel
- Courtyard By Marriott Nw Hwy At Stemmons/i-35e Hotel Dallas
- Courtyard Hotel Dallas
- Dallas Courtyard
- Dallas Marriott
- Courtyard Dallas
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This contemporary hotel off I-35 (Stemmons Frwy) and Northwest Highway is centrally located in DFW Metroplex, within minutes of Dallas Love Field Airport (DAL) and Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport (DFW), which you can easily get to and from with the free hotel shuttle. As a guest of this pet-friendly hotel, you'll appreciate convenient services like a Business Center, a state-of-the-art Fitness Center and free Wi-Fi throughout the property to help you keep up with your routine in Dallas. The hotel's hot breakfast buffet is complimentary and serves something new every day, while Dallas's famous "Restaurant Row" is within easy walking distance.Many area attractions are accessible by DART Train, so you can take a ride to the Dallas Market Center, American Airlines Center or Cowboy Stadium. Pick your favorite restaurant to enjoy when you're done shopping at North Park Mall or Galleria Dallas, or depending on the season, attend a football game at Dallas Fair Park, home to the Cotton Bowl Stadium. At the end of the day, you'll be glad to return to your modern, spacious hotel room or upgraded suite at the Country Inn & Suites Dallas-Love Field (Medical Center), TX.100% non-smoking facility ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Venere so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Dallas Love Field (Medical Center) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.