“Nice Place To Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #64 of 188 hotels in Dallas
Lititz, Pennsylvania
“Nice Place To Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

We stayed at this Spring Hill Suite after flying in to Dallas Love Field. It was conveniently located to the airport, We called for the shuttle & were picked up promptly. The only surprise was that had we arrived later, the shutlle only runs until 10 PM. Luckily we arrived & had our baggage by 9:30 PM. The shuttle driver was wonderful and made us feel right at home immediately.

Upon getting to the hotel we were greeted warmly & we quickly checked in. The room was wonderful as well. A nice suite style room with a sitting area, computer desk & tv with a door that could be closed off for privacy from the bedroom area. The bed was very comfortable, which coming out of my mouth is a good thing as I often have a hard time adjusting to a different bed when away from home.

Breakfast was pretty typical hotel breakfast, BUT there were many, many options, including fresh fruit, yogurts, cereals, hot foods, coffee, juices etc. A great selection that it would be hard for someone not to find something they could eat unless of course you expect restaurant food at a hotel.

We had a leisurely day planned, so we checked out late & the desk clerk scheduled someone to take us to the DART rail so we could make our way on our journey to downtown Dallas. This trip we decided to use public transportation, so it was nice of them to take us to the rail station which was not far from the hotel.

I give this hotel a high rating. It is nothing posh or plush, but very clean, friendly, customer oriented and all in all, a very good hotel. If you are looking for an upscale hotel, this is not your choice BUT it is a great hotel in the Marriott chain of hotels. We have stayed at other Spring Hill Suites in the past & this one is an older Spring Hill Suite. I would highly recommend it for consideration if you need a hotel close to the airport and do not require the newest style of this brand of hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

57 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Paradise Valley, Arizona, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Flew into Love Field for a quick deal, and the weather got bad and our pilot didn't want to fly out into the weather approaching. We ended up at this place and found it to be much nicer than expected. I had never stayed at a Springhill property and I am happy to say I would again.

They had a shuttle that drove us a couple of miles to a place for dinner and then the next morning back to our plane at Love Field. Breakfast was good, everyone was nice.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Guthrie, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

My husband and I arrived for Red River Rivalry weekend, shortly after the funeral of his father, a 50 plus rivalry attendee. We also are newlyweds and had not had a real honeymoon. They made sure our visit was not only pleasant but memorable. We arrived back to our room to find a bottle of wine, chocolates, a long stem rose and the most beautiful card with expressions of both sympathy and congrats for a long marriage. The breakfasts were wonderful the hot tub a nice release for our stress and worry, and the staff was helpful on directions and suggestions for our visit. You have earned our business and expressions of graditude!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

We have become Springhill Suites loyalists after having several delightful stays. This stay was NOT at all what we are used to. While we found the room to be clean and spacious - the beds were terribly uncomfortable. Breakfast was adequate - typical fare of pastries, eggs, bacon, sausage, oatmeal, cereal and Texas shaped waffles.

Checking out of this hotel was painful. We checked in using a credit card, and checked out using a gift card. We've done this with almost every Springhill stay we have had without incident until this stay.

Front desk staff was not able to complete this transaction, and had to call the Assistant Manager back to the property to check us out. We waited 30 minutes for this process to carry through. In the end, there was no apology, and the Assistant Manager was not only rude and condescending but the epitome of unprofessional.

When I spoke with Marriott corporate the following day, they were appalled at the treatment we received. Clearly this is not typical Marriott treatment, and not at all one of their policies, and we understand that. However, as long as the current management team is in place, we will not stay at this property again.

Room Tip: Pick a different property.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Rochester, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

We stayed 2 nights and it wasn't horrible. Our room smelled like stale cigarette smoke. However, it seemed very clean. I've stayed at a few SpringHills and this one wasn't anything special. It had a small kitchenette but didn't have any dishes/pans/glasses etc. (All the others we have stayed at did.) The staff was friendly and the breakfast was really good with plenty of options. The neighborhood didn't seem too bad, but I also wouldn't walk around at night.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

Well the trip started great, the reservations were made without a hitch, until we had to find the hotel. The hotel was nested between the blue light district and a popular restaraunt row.

When I arrived I asked to view room, as I always to do to ensure all was in order, and am I glad I did.

I went to room, and was met with a a damp and moldy smell, the beds looked a bit disheveled. I thought I could ignore it, so I turn the a/c on and went down stairs and express my concern about the smell with the front desk clerk.

They went back to the room, and she agreed the room was musky and there was a wad of dust near the bed closest to the a/c unit. Maybe the room hadn't been serviced in a while, then I noticed a wad of black material on the floor beneath the ac curtain, and to both of our surprise looks as though someone had left their undergarments!!

To say, the least she was apologetic and offered me juice compensation ;-), and another room.
The male desk clerk looked unphased...

Anyway, with time and fatigque against us, we opted to stay in another room. The new rooom smelled of cigarette smoke, the air did not circulate throughout the room, not to mention the ac was noisey and went off and on all night to adjust to the temperature I guess, but I hardly got any sleep. The beds was so uncomfortable!

Next morning, the breakfast was good and the atmosphere nice. The offer free shuttles to airport.

All in all, this hotel wasn't the best I'd rank it in the 2.5 range not 3. It needs upgrading, since it can't do much about its location and signs, and skip the carpets it holds too much smells, along with the polyester bed decor, which serves no other purpose but to decorate the floor, as guests swings it out of the way.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Hollister, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

Very nice hotel located close to Dallas Love Field with shuttle service.
The staff at this hotel are great very helpful. I am a Marriott Rewards Member and have settings on my online account like extra feather pillows, high floor extra towels etc. I have stayed here several time and they always make sure to accommodate my requests prior to arrival. The rooms are very clean and well kept.
They offer a social in the evenings with food and drinks available.
Anytime I return to this area I will stay at this hotel!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Been to SpringHill Suites NW Hwy at Stemmons/I-35E? Share your experiences!