“Hotel Indigo is my new favorite hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Save 10-30%
Ranked #79 of 192 Hotels in Dallas
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Perkins, Oklahoma
“Hotel Indigo is my new favorite hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2009

My husband and I stayed at Hotel Indigo in Dallas on July 18-19, 2009.
We were thoroughly delighted with the experience.
The hotel staff greeted us courteously as soon as we walked in the door. The hotel decor is bright and eclectic. We loved the murals and bright colors.
Our room, on the 13th floor, was very comfortable. Though it wasn't the largest hotel room we've ever stayed in, it worked out great for us. Nice hardwood floors, flat screen tv and a super comfortable bed made the room special. We also enjoyed the little haiku poems we found on everything, such as hotel stationery.
The hotel is conveniently located downtown, well within walking distance of Dealey Plaza and several museums, plus lots of shopping, restaurants and bars. The hotel also provided a free shuttle service to anywhere in the downtown area. This was greatly appreciated! We were in town to attend the Aerosmith concert, and the hotel shuttle dropped us off at the concert, as well as the Deep Ellum area.
We also enjoyed a fun discussion one evening about possible paranormal activity in the hotel with the hotel bartender.
Probably the only criticism we would have about this hotel was that beers in the bar cost $6, which we found a little high.
Hotel Indigo is moderately priced, compared to other downtown hotels. We would definitely recommend Hotel Indigo to our friends, and will try to return to this hotel and seek out other Hotel Indigo locations.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Austin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2009

Hotel Indigo was very convenient to my seminar at the convention center. Take the hotel shuttle. The drivers are friendly and know a lot about the area. I was here on a government rate, so I found it to be quite reasonable. The menu was varied and surprisingly inexpensive for the area. Bev at the bar will remember you and your drink, and have it poured for you before you can even sit down. While the rooms may be small, they are nicely appointed and the Aveda products are an unexpected, but welcome touch. No problems - no complaints. I would stay here again, and gladly pay full price.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
charleston
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2009

Stayed here for one week in October- scuzzy area but that may have been due to some construction across the street. Service was barely passable, rooms are small, amenities are at a low level. Had a billing dispute that the hotel couldn't care less about. Life is to short to subject yourself to this kind of shoddy place.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
Des Moines, IA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2009

We really liked this hotel, as its aesthetics are a nice departure from the usual drab hotel decor. It is bright and cheery, yet tastefully modern. And clean! The beds are VERY comfortable, and the complimentary Aveda products were a plus. The fitness room is small, but everything was new. Our only complaint is that the walls are thin; we were able to hear every word our neighbors uttered at 2 AM in the next room.

This is a great place if you can get it for $100 or less. Also, we recommend trying the Italian restaurant (Porta Roma, I believe) down the street. They have AWESOME pizza.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with friends
Boston, MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2009

Stayed here with 2 friends over the President's Day weekend. Didn't think much of Dallas overall but this hotel was great for the price. The rooms are very comfortable. The beachy decor is a little odd - I kinda felt like I was staying on Cape Cod rather than downtown Dallas but it's not offensive to the eye or anything and it grows on you the longer you stay :) Microwave and fridge in the room. Awesome shower! The beds face each other which is a new one for me. Not a problem except the TV was to the left between those 2 beds so if you are planning on staying in the room and watching TV from bed then this probably isn't the place for you unless you like having neck strain! But then again if you wanted to do that, you could just stay home!

Loved the fact that there was a restaurant downstairs with reasonably priced food that served Starbuck's coffee. I would recommend the fruit trio. Avoid the eggs, not that great but my friend recommends the pancakes. The room service menu looked good and prices were cheap compared to other hotels I've stayed in but didn't get a chance to try it out unfortunately. Also highly recommended by my 2 friends is the Stirling merlot in the hotel bar.

For those who need parking, there is a garage directly across from the main entrance. It costs about $5 in/out (or $10 depending on the cashier's mood!) and it was never even close to being full when we stayed.

Staff at the Indigo were very helpful and friendly during our stay even mailing postcards at no cost for my friend when we were checking out. For a three star hotel in downtown Dallas, this is a really great option.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with friends
Wichita Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2009

The hotel was nice, clean and different. Not your run of the mill or cookie cutter kind of place. It was trying to be the W, but on a budget. Kind of reminded me of my stay in Amsterdam...very euro. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The location great if going to American Airlines Center and they will shuttle you. Give it a try.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled with friends
alexandra
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2009

I contacted the hotel and made a reservation to attend a business conference in Downtown Dallas. Subsequently I found out that other coworkers were staying at a different hotel, so I called the Indigo to cancel the reservation. They took down my information and assured me that the reservation had been cancelled. I just received my credit card statement and discovered that they billed me for a nights stay even though I never stayed there. I called the hotel and they informed me that since I didn't have a cancellation number, there was nothing I could do. This is just a warning that if you have to cancel your stay here, you'd better make sure you get a cancellation number!

Stayed February 2009, traveled on business

Been to Hotel Indigo Dallas Downtown? Share your experiences!