“Great romantic "stay-cation"” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #71 of 192 Hotels in Dallas
Dallas, Texas
“Great romantic "stay-cation"”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

My husband and I live in the Dallas area and decided to do a downtown "stay-cation" for our 5th wedding anniversary. We stayed at the Hotel Indigo and really enjoyed it. They have live music in the lounge on Friday nights, although it was pretty loud for the small area. The hotel is older and has that type of charm - creaky elevator and all! :-) We ended up in a corner suite on the top floor, and it was very nice and roomy. The bed was comfy and it was nice to have a mini fridge and coffee maker in the room. The shower had great water pressure and got hot fast. The bathroom smelled a little weird though (and not a "typical" bathroom smell) - not sure what that was all about.

The only downside was the service during their happy hour at the lounge, and at the valet. The front desk gave terrific service when we checked in, but the bartender was extremely slow (we were one of just two couples in the bar at the time). The staff tended to chat with each other rather than attend to the guests - we even heard them making fun of one of the other staff members! I'm not sure if the valet is a contracted company or if they are employed by the hotel - either way, they only had one guy working during check-out time on Saturday, which we thought was kind of weird. We had to wait quite some time for our car, and there were several people waiting after us.

Overall, we enjoyed this hotel and had a nice time. If you're looking for fancy luxury, you won't really find that here. But it was nice in a sort-of vintage way. The front desk staff was great, and the location was perfect for walking to restaurants and bars in the main street area - very walkable to other districts as well. I also liked that they had a discounted rate if you paid at the time of booking online - that made it a great deal for a central/downtown location.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
indigodallasgm, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Dallas Downtown, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
BeccaMoreno-Thank you for taking the time for the review. I apologize for the service issues and will share this with all staff. I am glad you enjoyed your stay overall. Have a great week.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
San Francisco, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

Suite was one of the most bare bones I've ever been in. I would say sterile, except that it was so run down. Sitting room was big enough. Too big given the amount of furniture in it. It was a big empty, uninviting space. Bedroom was too small for the king sized bed. Maybe 6 inches between the end of the bed and the dresser. Bathroom was ancient and very odd shaped making it difficult to even move around. Toilet ran incessantly.

I'd say this was a dump, but for the very reasonable price.

Room Tip: Find a different hotel.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
indigodallasgm, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Dallas Downtown, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
RickB-I apologize we did not meet your expectations. I urge anyone having issues to contact me while they are in-house, so I can resolve them. Feel free to contact me at your convience. My direct line is 214.915.8307. Have a great week.
Fargo, North Dakota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Has a ver fresh look to the ground floor registration area and open restuarant/bar area. Had a corner room #1309 and it was spaceous with a bedroom and separate TV room suite setup. Had a view to the north and east.

Bathroom was smaller and I found it odd that the closet was behind a curtain in the bathroom area. Two things that could use improvement is the shower/toilet area is fairly slipery and the shower curtain does not go all the way to the floor so some water splashes out onto the floor making it slipery. The AC also made an odd buzzing noise which I had to figure out (thought it might be the key access next door). Meeting rooms were nice on second floor. When our group was there October 8-11 in 2013 the two elevators would kind of slow and stop.

Front desk and bellmen were very good.

Hotel is only one block from the Dallas Chop House which has fantastic steaks.

Room Tip: Located about 35-45 minutes from DFW in the downtown. Corner room was nice. I would opt for a lower...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Renissanceman5-Thank you for the comments. With the room number, I will have maintenance check the issues you mentioned.
Glasgow, Scotland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

My husband and stayed in the Indigo for one night whilst flying back to the UK. The staff were brilliant (especially Brian) and couldn't have been more helpful. It is in a great location to see the historic district, arts district and various others - we just didn't have the time to do more. We walked everywhere and had not problems at all. The room was clean and lovely, as was the bathroom (albeit a bit on the cramped side). The room we stayed in had a kinda strange layout with the beds although they were very comfortable. My only bugbear was that I couldn't get the room cool enough to enjoy a full night's sleep. Other than that we had a great time and would recommend the hotel to anyone staying in Dallas.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Jellybean 7788-Thank you for taking the time to write. I will share your comments with Brian. He is a great part of our staff.
Rogers, Arkansas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

We loved our weekend getaway at this downtown Dallas hotel. The staff went out of their way to help us. Kimberly, who works the check in desk in the lobby, was fantastic! She gave us advice as far as what clubs and bars to go to, took pictures of us, and made sure that we knew that if we needed anything we could ask her. The hotel was clean, had Aveda products in the bathroom, and had very comfortable beds. My friend and I would absolutely stay here again. Thank you Hotel Indigo! Keep Kimberly around!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Natalie G-Thank you for the kind words. They will be shared with Kimberly. She is a great girl.
Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

If you make a reservation at this hotel but are not able to make you stay, you will be charged at least one nights stay plus taxes. I ended up paying for a room and services I did not receive. What a terrible policy, I will NEVER make a reservation at any Hotel Indigo locations

Room Tip: Review the cancellation policy
Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
SpaceGhost711-Feel free to contact me diretly at the hotel. The only time a reservation is non-refundable is if it is booked that way. I need more information and if a mistake was made with yours, we will fix it.
Fort Worth, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for our 2nd anniversary. We basically just needed a place to crash, so the low price was the main reason we stayed here. Our package included breakfast and valet parking, both of which were nice. Not high-luxury, but definitely sufficient and nothing to complain about.

When we checked in, we told the desk it was our anniversary and they welcomed us to our room and regular hotel stuff. However, when we returned from our outing, we found a bottle of champagne and chocolate strawberries in our room. We didn't order them, the desk was just that thoughtful. Thanks!

The only complaint is the location, which is in a questionable area and under construction. It's not a terrible neighborhood, but it seems to be on the outer edge of downtown, with some homeless folks lurking about. Nothing to keep someone from staying there. Especially when the staff is so nice.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Steven l-Thank you. We wish you many more happy anniversaries.